IDW questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by whitewolfe313, Jan 27, 2017.

1. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im 42 and a big G1 continuity person. I'm slowly purchasing and focusin ton the new IDW phase 2 books. I have volume 3 and 4 on the way...but I have a few questions.

1) are Galvitron and !egatron separate characters in IDW?

2) is bumblebee dead and can you clarify if his death is what made Megatron become an Autobot?

3) are there no longer pretenders in IDW? I just ordered then 3rd party Thunderwing and in the comic he is not a pretender. I'd Ultra Magnus and Minimus Albis considered kind of a pretender?

4) I don't want to have to buy all the back issues so I know optimus used the matrix of leadership to restart cybertron and gave half the shell to bumblebee and Hot Rod. How did prime realize he could use it?

Thanks for anyone who can catch me up!!,

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Got the wrong forum, there!

1) Yep.

2) Yep, and basically yep. Well, he was shot by Shockwave and then disappeared into a singularity, so, you know, plenty of room for him to come back. His "ghost" is haunting Starscream at the minute - the story plays it as Starscream hallucinating him because he's losing his grip, but you never know...

3) Pretenders do exist, it's just that they aren't treated as the traditional "little robot who comes out of a shell." The shell tech was designed by Thunderwing as protective armour, but it drove him insane. Minimus/Magnus is just a little guy using his powerful spark to animate a suit of armor; Pretenders are living, symbiotic shells.

4) How did Prime realize he could use the Matrix to restart Cybertron? Typical "because the Matrix" writing. Well, he didn't realize it would "restart" Cybertron - Galvatron was using Vector Sigma as a conduit for an evil being from another dimension, and Hot Rod (who had briefly bonded with the Matrix earlier) urged Optimus to use it to stop his plan. Big flash of white light, and whoops, it worked, but doing so "reset" Cybertron.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wrong section but I have answers

1) Galvatron is seperate from Megatron

2) Bumblebee is believed to have died due to practically being vaporized however due to his ghost being seen there are a few fan theories aside from Starscream going insane such as Bumblebee is stuck in some state or is a ghost. As for Megatron, Bee's death is what made Megatron become an Autobot.

3) They're are pretenders in IDW but they've only seen use in a few comics. I'm not entirely sure what's going on with them. Although Thunderwing wasn't always a pretender. Not sure if Minimus and Ultra Magnus would be conisdered one either.

4) I'm not sure about that one

4. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry I did not know where to post this forum.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2017
  5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Yeah, we have a TF Comics discussion forum, moving this there...

6. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

I donĀ“t wanted to open a new thread, and since this is a IDW question thread (sort of), I thought I will try my luck here...

My question; Can someone tell me, which cybertronic alphabet IDW uses for his Tf comics ?

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    isnt kup technically sort of a pretender in the idw comics?

8. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, why would you think he is?

9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Because he almost died and prowl used aspects of the pretender tech to build a shell body around his spark that also allowed prowl to speak through kup

10. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm, I don't remember the story to these details but we can always check the ever knowing tfwiki :) 
    Still, he doesn't really act or look any different so he's not a classic pretender

11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    oh yea, i get that he's not a classic pretender by any means, and its a mostly ignored aspect of the story, but if im remembering right as of his reappearance in all hail megatron and on his body uses aspects of pretender tech, what is left of his old body is inside his new one making it a shell. kup was unaware of much of this, including the fact that prowl could hijack his body and use kup as a mouthpiece to spread propoganda for him until sins of the wreckers

• Like Like x 1
  12. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

The rebuilding Kup story is in one of the All Hail Megatron: Coda issues, written/drawn by Nick Roche. Tigatron is correct IIRC. Kup's original body was so outdated and broken down they couldn't just repair it, nor could they transfer him to a "proper" new body, so they used pretender tech to essentially house him. I think.

It's one of those things where Prowl being able to "speak through" Kup was largely abandoned by the other writers, and then Kup ended up lost in the Dead Universe for a significant period of time both in and out of fiction.

• Like Like x 1