IDW Publishing to Attend NC Comicon: Oak City 2017

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Danny-Boy, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    NC Comicon: Oak City 2017 (formerly the Oak City Comicon) just announced that IDW Publishing will be in attendance at this year's convention, with exclusive panels and signings.

From their Facebook page:

"NC Comicon: Oak City is Raleigh, North Carolina’s Premier Comicon and it’s coming to the Raleigh Convention Center March 18-19th, 2017! We’re better, badder, bigger, and we’ve got 100,000 square feet of fun waiting for the fans that we can’t wait to show off!

New exhibits. New panels. New workshops. New all-encompassing comic book pop culture overload experience! And of course we once again welcome the finest vendors in comic books, toys, and collectibles as well as a plethora of phenomenal comic book creators from the triangle area and around the world. All of this plus our massive fan-favorite Cosplay Contest!

This year we're proud to welcome hip hop legend-turned-comic book creator Darryl “DMC” McDaniels to the show for the first time, as well as publishing icon IDW– home of all your favorite characters from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtes and Transformers to G.I. Joe and My Little Pony! Join us as IDW invades the Triangle for a weekend of panels, workshops, and exclusive merch you don't want to miss!

Join us for the best one-on-one workshops and one-of-a-kind panels by industry professionals and local talent! We have everything that you’re looking for, from costume making and world building, to toy collecting and The Walking Dead! It’s all right here, and all panels and classes are free with admission! And just wait’ll you attend our amazing Saturday-night party, a night of cosplay, dancing, and music like you’ve never seen before!"

Currently confirmed guests who have done work for IDW include:

John Barber (Optimus Prime, Revolutionaries)

Tommy Lee Edwards (M.A.S.K., G.I. Joe)

Larry Hama (G.I. Joe)

Jeremy Whitley (My Little Pony)

Tony Fleecs (My Little Pony)

NC Comicon Oak City will be March 18-19 in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Attached Files:

2. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    I've been going to Oak City since it's inception, so I am SO EXCITED to see John coming to my own backyard this year. I'm wondering if there will be any other IDW creators coming. I do know that Christos Gage, one of the co-writers for ROM, is a North Carolina local, so he's always a possibility. Any NC-based fans thinking about attending the show?

3. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    More guests announced:
    Ted Adams (IDW CEO)
    David Hedgecock (IDW EIC)
    Chris Ryall (IDW CCO, ROM writer)
    ...among others who have worked on non-Hasbro stuff.

I'm excited to meet Ryall. I wanna chat with another Toaster Head.