IDW Publishing: Schedule May-August 2020

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, May 26, 2020.

1. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    more bitching after so many people have told you to stop reading it? Who would have guessed?

Eventually you’re gonna have to tell whoever’s holding that gun to your head forcing you to read this “no”

• Like Like x 5
  2. KuleGuy123

KuleGuy123 Bot-Bot Lover. //This art ain't mine

wait wait wait. IS AUTOCEPTOR BECOMING A CHARACTER?

KALTOR WHEN?

I'd KILL for modern toys of Autoceptor , Kaltor and Scorpia. I hope they'd be working watches but that'll probably never happen

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Its Transformers. I'm a Transformers fan. Therefore I'm going to experience as much as I can afford. If its a bad toy, a bad movie, a bad cartoon episode, or yes even a bad comic then I will call them out as being bad. Still going to keep experiencing, watching, reading. No, I'm not going to buy a repaint of a mold I dislike and expect a different toy but I will continue to read comics and watch movies and cartoon episodes. Maybe the next movie, comic book issue or episode will be good.

If the strength of my fanaticism is so weak that I'd give up upon the slightest hit from a bad product, I'd have given up years ago. There are bad Transformers products around. Secrets & Lies is good, and I praised the book for being good. Transformers vs. Terminator is good and so I did the same. But only read the good and don't read the bad? I can't judge whether something is good or bad before experiencing it for myself. And if IDW2 is going to be consistently bad, then I'm going to consistently call it out as being bad. You want me to stop doing so, tell Ruckley to write an actual decent comic story for once. The "gun" forcing me to read the book is the book's very existence. When it ceases to exist, I'll cease to read it.

• Like Like x 8
  4. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Internet Soldier

News Credits:
    Yeah I hate it when folk only repeat themselves month after month too.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

News Credits:
    I am truly shocked that this hasn't been cancelled yet.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mattymo

News Credits:
    you practically copy and paste your posts every comic article. Get over it and get over yourself. Don’t like something? Don’t give it your money or your time and stop “I’m a fan I have to!” Just shows you have zero self control.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

Probably because there are enough people like myself who are enjoying the slow story and still get the issues.

Or there are enough people like Bass who keep buying the issues despite not enjoying them thus sending the wrong message to IDW

• Like Like x 5
  8. Mattymo

News Credits:
    folks are dumb and don’t realize you talk with your wallet. Even if you don’t buy it and it continues you can say you stood your ground on it. A lot better than saying “I hate this! I’m gonna keep reading though!”

its actually nice to see what society was like before they all full on start killing each other. Seeing how it all started is a question a lot of people wanted but there’s always people who just wanna smash their toys together and go “CHOOM CHOOM!”

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Hemanguy

Hemanguy Active Member

If you think it is a boring series, you really need to read the whole thing together . The story is fantastic and little off phrases from past issues forshadow events that are going to happen or will be in flashbacks. It is a really solid story thus far and when read altogether it is very enjoyable. I have liked every issue but they were pretty boring issues. I couldn’t remember everything that had gone on in previous issues so I re read it all in one setting and it was amazing.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

News Credits:
    I love a good slow build to a story. I would argue that this series has no story.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mattymo

News Credits:
    why was brainstorm killed? Why is megatron creating all this unrest? What is going on with cyclonus? What does he know? Why did sentinel exile so many veterans from the previous war? Plenty of story that’s been building

• Like Like x 1
  12. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

Requiring you read it all back-to-back is not a good format for a comic book.
    Waiting for the trade is generally considered bad for sales. Many established comic writers/artists have said as much over the years, when given a chance at an original series. They say, "buy the individual issues, or we might get cancelled"

With comics, you get 30 pages a month. Or, in a post-COVID world, 30 pages every 2-3 months. Those 30 pages need to be satisfying in and of themselves, otherwise the next 30 pages will lose sales.

If you need to read it back-to-back, this series should've been sold as a graphic novel; no floppies, just trades, alongside a Transformers series that is satisfying to read month-to-month.

And as somebody who read the first 12 individually, I was bored out of my goddamn mind. I love slow-burn stories. Hell, I'm writing one, myself. But I'm not about to release it 30 pages at a time, when it's only satisfying to read all together.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mattymo

News Credits:
    reading back to back is not a bad thing at all. MTMTE and RID were both books that really required back to back reading because how heavy the material and subject matter was. Roberts and barber focused heavily on previous continuity while also world building and one of those books was literally characters standing around and talking. To a point where people were noticing transformers were not even transforming. Finding a transformation in mtmte was like playing where’s Waldo

• Like Like x 2
  14. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IDW SDCC 2020

• Like Like x 1
  15. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

MTMTE and RID also held up if you were reading them once a month as floppies.
    If your enjoyment hinges on reading it all in one sitting, then what you need is a graphic novel, not a bi-monthly, 30-page comic book.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Please stop telling people what to do, and just accept the fact that being in a fandom means that people will have critical opinions about some stories or formats. It's not your place to tell other fans to "be positive or leave". You're spilling more ink and generating way more negativity by trying to argue this point back and forth with Bass XO.

We should stick to discussing the medium and content.

zmog

• Like Like x 4
  17. Joey Slick

Joey Slick Whirl is a Transformer.

I've no dog in this fight, but the same could be said about your replies to him. Just two people with the same debate over and over.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

On topic:

KRONOFORM is in this comic???

Also, nice to see EJ Su's work is still on-point. In spite of being a relatively dull cover, it's the sharpest TF art on this page. :thumb 

zmog

19. Optimus Goat

Optimus Goat Well-Known Member

Well, having read this issue it's one of the most action-packed yet. It's been very lovingly put together; every scene feels just right, loads of characters all get a moment all their own, and it moves several plot points forwards at the same time. Masterful stuff. Probably one of my favourite issues so far.

In my opinion Ruckley's putting together one of the finest 'TFs sliding into War' stories we've ever seen. Not only that but he has a good handle on characterisation - not easy with such a huge cast - and has brought a real-world verisimilitude to the world and the characters inhabiting it. They feel like they have conversations that you or I would have, which, absolutely no disrespect to Furman or Roberts both of whom I love, is fairly rare in TF comic work.

For me, those who say the series is "slow" (nothing wrong with slow at all) or say that issues "don't hold together in their own right" are entirely missing the point the way many Star Trek fans hated Deep Space 9 when it aired, not realising that series was breaking established rules to better tell its own story. Like the sudden influx of love for that series 20 years later I do hope that fans will come around to what is a genuinely thrilling glimpse of a society breaking down on a day-by-day basis, but sooner rather than later.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1