IDW Overlord versus Sixshot

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by JasonPrime, Dec 25, 2016.

?

Overlord versus Sixshot

1. Overlord

34 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Sixshot

37 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

He looked like he was still in his restraints to me.

2. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

He was. That's why I think the DJD hit him so fast he didn't even have time to try to escape.

3. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Problem there. The restraints do nothing. He escaped in a second or two It wasn't even an escape. He moved his arms. No his dying to the djd in the dupe ship is almost certainly because he was suicidal and just repeating the words kill me over and over again. That Overlord never found out Megatron was alive and would have almost certainly just sat there staring at the floor waiting for death. I mean it's not like he's afraid of them so that won't drive him to act.

Someone mentioned Sixshot had only been taken out by situational or extreme events. The same is exactly true for Overlord. Against Wreckers he was still going strong after his armour got blown off. I still fully believe he wiuld have killed them if not for verity breaking his will. He didn't lose, he shattered. Fort Max didn't beat him to a pulp, he knocked back a temporarily mentally locked Overlord into a room. There's no evidence he did any damage whatsoever. It was a rush to get him into the cell before he overcame the conditioning. Tarn held him but inflicted zero damage. Overlord just laughed through the fight.

Neither of them have ever lost a fight but both have been taken down by situational exceptions.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    But that's not Tarn's style. He would have wanted Overlord to know that the DJD had him and that they were going to kill him and that there was nothing he could do about it. People talk about Overlord's ego but Tarn, and the rest of the DJD for that matter, have a bit of trouble scratching their ears.

Overlord's death would have been slow and painful, just like Black Shadow.

5. Red Spider

Red Spider Well-Known Member

I vote Overlord.

I know a few people have mentioned he has been beaten a few times but I'm not sure of the relevance because of the situations it has been in.

He was still restrained when the DJD cut his head off. Fort Max Beat on him but only when he was momentarily distracted by psychological warfare, we see that once he was in the slow cell he pretty recovered straight away. The wreckers beat him but again it was the psychological impact of being told his one main goal, defeating Megatron could never happen. Up until that point he was still a rampaging monster, even just down to his exo-skeleton. I'm pretty sure he would have finished all the wreckers off if not.

I also consider this (which works in my head with my own head-logic) Megatron was able to beat Overlord before he went through the Phase Six process. Afterwards, he had the kill switch put in place because he knew Overlord was a significant threat to him. Optimus Prime went toe to toe with Sixshot and depending on different peoples perception of what happened, did a pretty good job of keeping him off balance. Some say he won, some say he pegged it while he had the edge. I would say this puts Overlords danger potential above Sixshots. Of course we had Blackshadow beat the snot out of Prime, UM a whole autobot battalion and the wreckers. (Remember Overlord smashed the wreckers up and deliberately left Kup alive).

I think that where as Sixshot is focused, Overlord is a sadist and outright psychotic, I just get the impression that there are no depths that he won't go to to fulfill his needs and wants. I think it would be close but Overlord squeaks it.

Edit: Ninja'd by GWolfv2. Good work!

6. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Very good point.

7. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

I think it was me that mentioned this, but you're misunderstanding the distinction I was trying to draw. The events that took down Sixshot were (to a large degree) outside of his control and would just as easily have taken down Overlord, or Megatron, or any other bot that size. If you've been preprogrammed with an emergency off-switch you don't know about - nothing you can do about it. If a long-dormant titan suddenly wakes up and steps on you, you're probably screwed.

Overlord, on the other hand, is always defeated because of flaws in his own ego and personality. He practically defeats himself. His obsession with Megatron got him taken down by the Wreckers and meant he was unable to put up a fight against the DJD. His inability to deal with the Wreckers quickly and efficiently is what got him shredded down to his skeleton. And his failure to see what Chromedome was doing inside his mind, plus a lack of situational awareness, got him shoved inside a box that was then blown up. It's hard to see any of those things happening to Sixshot.

Quite simply, in a face off with Sixshot, Overlord is the one more likely to shoot himself in the foot or face.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

And I do think the six forms thing is an edge- Sixshot has purely melee forms (beast mode), purely ranged offense (gun mode- which is certainly the biggest attack either of them has), and then balanced forms like Tank and Fighter and Robot to match Overlord's.