IDW leaders of the Wreckers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by KveTar, Jan 13, 2020.

1. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

Please, name all leaders of the Wreckers in IDW comics. If I'm not mistaken, they are: Impactor, Springer, Hot Rod, Primal Prime and Ultra Magnus?

Upd.: which of the Wreckers leaders have toys in IDW comics design?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Keeping it strictly to the original IDW continuity, the only leaders of the Wreckers were Impactor and later, Springer.

Hot Rod was never affiliated with them and Primal Prime didn't exist, except maybe as a background cameo during the Unicron event.

3. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

What about Magnus?

4. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The original IDW universe's list of known Wrecker leaders is, in order:

- Threnody
    - Crest
    - Hyperion
    - Impactor
    - Springer

Only Impactor and Springer ever appeared in stories in a significant capacity, the earlier three were basically just brief mentions.

Rodimus, Primal Prime and Ultra Magnus have all been Wrecker leaders in other universes, but in IDW they're not even part of the Wreckers, let alone leading the team.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Maverick Hunter Christian

News Credits:
    Right! Sorry! Forgot you mentioned Magnus.

Magnus acted as transport for the Wreckers for the mission to take back Garrus-9, but that was about the extent of his affiliation with them. He wasn't a member of the Wreckers.

• Like Like x 4
  6. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

So then may I reconfigure my question? Which of the Wreckers leaders have toys in IDW comics design?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  7. Maverick Hunter Christian

News Credits:
    Wrecker leader characters with toys that match designs used in IDW comics kinda narrows it down to Thrilling 30 Springer, and Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus.

Springer toy was based on his appearance in Last Stand of the Wreckers, and CW Magnus was designed after Magnus as he appeared in More Then Meets The Eye and Lost Light ongoing series.

Siege Impactor is kiiiiiinda close, in that Impactor has a signature look. But the Siege toy has an entirely different alt mode design than the tank he turned into in Last Stand of the Wreckers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

tfwiki names Kup as leader in "Regeneration One". Do we have a toy of IDW design?

9. Jalaguy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Regeneration One is set in the '80's Marvel continuity, not IDW's own continuity, but we do have a toy of one of Kup's IDW designs. His Titans Return figure is based on the Kup design that debuted in All Hail Megatron (although it's coloured like the original '80s Kup toy). Takara's version recoloured it into more standard Kup colours, but they also remolded his head and arms to look less like IDW and more like the G1 cartoon.

• Like Like x 4
  10. bluesymetal

bluesymetal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Didn’t it seem like Kup was in charge during AHM? Springer was in the team then so I’m not sure. I think he may have been in charge when Springer was in a coma after LSoTW too.

11. Jalaguy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Kup did lead that team in AHM, but it wasn't the Wreckers, it was just a normal team containing a mix of Wreckers and non-Wreckers.

And Kup spent all the time between LSOTW and SOTW either with Optimus's main Autobot force or trapped in the Dead Universe - he wasn't involved with what remained of the Wreckers during that period.

12. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I mean personally I feel like there's no reason that shouldn't be considered a Wreckers lineup but that's just me.

13. bluesymetal

bluesymetal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That’s right I forgot Optimus pulled him out of the Dead Universe in the Dark Cybertron run.

That group of autobots with Kup in charge sure felt like the wreckers though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper strongest cyber missions fan

News Credits:
  15. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

I'm looking for Wreckers leaders not just in IDW continuity, but every continuities. From that point, Kup was Wreckers' leader in Regeneration One. Though I need him. But I need toys just in IDW comic design.
    Assuming, we have Impactor and Springer in IDW comics, Kup in Regeneration One, Ultra Magnus in Dreamwave Generation One continuity, Rodimus in Shattered Glass and Primal Prime in Wings Universe.
    I want to collect them all, but I need only IDW designed figures. There's no such for Primal Prime, but Perfect Effect will match. Impactor MMC, Springer Thrilling 30, Hot Rod SXS Toys, Ultra Magnus Combiner Wars and we don't have perfect IDW Kup, but seems that Takara Legends LG-46 is good enough.

16. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

And I did it!!! Finally. Added Prowl to the list as a Wreckers' black operations commander.

20210110_150642_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Aawd Lahndan Taaaahn...more specifically, Chiswick
    Toyworld Krank is a much better IDW Kup. QC is a bit hit and miss (I was lucky with mine), as it was released at the time the Zeta team split from them, and the face needs painting, but it works well.
    20200827_150624.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

EmGo said, the Gen.Kup is IDW Kup. I want to believe him ) Anyway, Crank's not available now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple Changer

Generations Kup was based on it even had an upgraded head from i believe dr. wu during that time that was sculpted with his signature cigar from idw

• Like Like x 1
  20. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

Generations Kup wasn't designed anything like IDW Kup. They only both look like Kup, otherwise no relations. Titans Return Kup looks nothing like IDW Kup either except for the head. ToyWorld Krank is the closest to an IDW Kup there is. the head and body are directly inspired by IDW Kup. Since he's practically impossible to find, I'd recommend Titans Return Kup, but you already have Generations Kup who doesn't scale with the other figures and has the single worst headsculpt I have ever seen. Also why ask about IDW Wreckers and then when people tell you a character isn't in IDW, you go "I'm collecting wreckers from all continuities." Just go in tfwiki, look at the list of wreckers, they literally list every universe's team members, and ask for the best toys of the ones you want to collect. It's easier for you to make sense of things and for us to help. Also Prowl was never a wrecker, they just had to rescue him. He's not affiliated or a member.