IDW 2015 Teasers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mort, Dec 29, 2014.

1. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Fort in Headmasters has less personality than Star Saber...and that's not...much. But that was in large part because his gimmick overshadowed his ability to be a person

The big problem with the city bots as characters is that there is no equality. They are huge ponderous...events. They have never once been treated as people, because they are fundamentally unequal. Metroplex has one of the most ill-defined personalities of the IDW regulars to the point where him smiling was an event. Their too...much to write as write as more than events. By making Scorponok and Fort Max normal sized, they are allowed be people. And introducing a city form for the current Max extremely ill-advised. What would be its roll? And what roll would it carry out that Metroplex is not already covering? Would the DJD be satisfactorily concluded if they were defeated with a fanservice Deus Ex Machina?

It's a wonderful, wonderful toy/kids anime idea. It's not going to blend into the IDW universe or really any comic without mega reprecussions. I mean, Metroplex has had to be crippled so he doesn't end up having to solve all our problems. If Fort Max wa a city bot, in what way is any threat already introduced bar Trypticon still weighty? And I really don't like the idea of creating a super enemy specifically to give Max something to fight.

Narritively, it's beter to keep him normal sized.

I think the main problem is three-fold fold. 1) Functional citybots essentialy break the tension of most situations, particularly in a post-war world where one can just tag along behind the Lost Light. 2) Their introduction on either side is a far too easy way to re-direct the series back towards an active war scenario, because really citybots actively work best when one side is trying to conquer the other. 3) The introduction of citybots means you HAVE to introduce huge scale undefeatable threats. Which means the driving point of any story they feature in is "how bi. is the fight" instead of plot/character which is what is making both series work as well as they do/

To be quite frank I'm very not keen on introducing more combiners for the same reasons. Its only because Monstructor is unaligned and Devastator is character focused that they work.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  2. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

So when I saw Thunderclash, I thought of the rumored Ultra MAgnus toy, could Thunderclash be his repaint?

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Thunderclash? The Most Interesting Autobot in the World? Neat :) 

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'm extremely excited for all of those names. I would be ecstatic to see Sixshot in MTMTE!!!!

After reading the latest TPB I'm really itching for the next one. I was dubious of Megatron turning Autobot but I'm loving how it's been treated. Can't wait for more.

5. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Honestly couldn't have said this better myself.

I'm not sure what the appeal behind Fort Max being a city is anyway. It's not like people are getting nostalgic over his five or so minutes of fame in Rebirth.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind Fort Max becoming a city - although I do like the smaller bot he is right now.

It could even be just a one-off, but seriously: right now he's not even in the comic anymore, so even if they return to him, he turns into a city and they leave, I'll be happy. What matters to me is whether or not the story is good.

7. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Since it's Roberts doing the story, I have no doubt that'll be good at the least.

8. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'm looking forward to combiner wars and whatever Roberts has planned

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    2015 is shaping up to be a fantastic year for IDW.

I would collapse if all of this happened.

10. TheOverlord

TheOverlord Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see Sixshot and hopefully Star Saber soon

11. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

It doesn't hve to be on TV or in the movies. They could do movies in the same vein as DC does its animated films...on DVD! Put out two or three a year maybe.

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Speak for yourself, his 5 minute smack down of the cons in rebirth still puts a big old smile on my inner childs face.

Given IDW fort max's personality having him be a city could actually lead to quite a few good stories, even if it just the autobots having to stop him from going to war with the cons by himself and ending the peace.

Plus I would love to see him smack overlord around, I just hated how shafted he got in that fight.

I will say though everyone else is right, him being a smaller bot does lead to him having a hell of a lot more personality.

13. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Like I said, Max can be both. He can still be the smaller, normal bot he currently is and keep that weird tank alt mode of his. But they can make him a triple changer and give him a third Head mode(like the 3rd party Warden Commander) to combine with a fortress or a rebuilt Luna-1 titan once in a blue moon.

I don't know why people are saying it has to be one way and never the other when he can be BOTH with no sacrifices to his personality at all.