IDW’s Transformers: Galaxies Spotlights Arcee, Greenlight and Gauge By Issue #7 In March 2020

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Oct 5, 2019.

1. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  2. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    By the time other bigger issues come out Greenlight dies in one of them probably a few others that weren’t mentioned 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Rego.jpg

4. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm more interested in galaxies stuff than i am the main series

5. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I was happy with the Constructicons issue and looking forward to more stuff like that, but I guess that series is gonna be done for me after their storyline. The main series is dragging for me as well. Maybe it's time to take a break from them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Triceradon

Triceradon Sunbow Delenda Est

I love this site; so welcoming and positive.

Thought Gauge was Glyph for a second on that cover. Either way, its a nice cover. I liked Galaxies’ first issue, and I have no seething animus towards the creatives, so I’ll be giving it a read.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This whole thread is super "Yikes".

• Like Like x 6
  8. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    This is gonna suck, innit?

• Like Like x 1
  9. misfire19d

misfire19d Not a writer. Not an illustrator. Just a fan.

Nope. It shouldn’t be ignored at all. It lets me know who are professionals and who are activists using a franchise I’m a fan of as a platform. Anything with her name on it will be a pass for me. Done.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yup. All I see are a bunch of whiny little boys afraid of catching cooties from the icky girls.

• Like Like x 10
  11. Override Prime

Override Prime Well-Known Member

"Oh no the writer of this book I probably wasn't gonna read anyways got mad about someone actively fuckjng with her gaming experience without punishment, and wrote a game I didn't like that had WAY worse problems than mediocre writing. Better bitch about it on the internet!" Grow up. You don't have to make up and misrepresent shit she's said just cause you don't like her writing.
    She's written well-received books for IDWs Jem and MLP books, so they asked her to do a couple issues on this one, nothing more, nothing less.
    Everything is political because all writing is influenced by who the writer is. Get over it, or go rewatch your childhood crap for the umpteenth time. I'm sure the stories about a pair of superpowers fighting what seemed to be an endless war over energy that was written at the height of the Cold War wasn't influenced by the politics of its era at all...

• Like Like x 12
  12. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Guys, imagine - just IMAGINE - there were, like, a range of options between "ignore a creator's previous exploits" and "lose your fucking mind about it".

• Like Like x 8
  13. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

How did you guys feel in the 80s and 90s when every story had \'token black\' characters as a slow but sure start for colored representation in media?

In some sense, but not really, Jazz and Blaster are somewhat akin to this. They were both portrayed by all time great jazz musicians, a true African American artform that revolutionized music unilaterally across the world.

The gay robots of today are the black robots of yesterday, right? I\'ve always thought that one of Transformers\' greatest strengths was the elasticity of the concept. They were trying to push it as far as they could go with personalities and abilities from Day 1. Its covered so much ground in so many directions.

the current male to female robot ratio in fiction and especially is probably 1 fem for every 4 or 5 males best case scenario and there have been only enough LGBT robots to count on 2 hands.  That\'s not very egregious. Why do you need Transformers to forever be a predictable, sanitized sausage party?

• Like Like x 5
  14. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Ultimately these portrayals don't tend to impact on the story much because they're not set in a world where being black or gay/straight is a thing. So I'm not sure that it tests the elasticity of the concept much, either in a positive or negative way. But the kids have got to have their drama.

• Like Like x 4
  15. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

We haven't seen what she wrote for these issues yet. For all we know she could be great here.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Then I think you need your eyes checked. Even if you don’t agree with their perceptions or concerns, that’s so obviously not what’s being discussed.

This actually stands out to me as the biggest offence here. Why they’d hire someone who wrote for two totally different franchises than Transformers is beyond me, just as I wouldn’t expect anyone who worked on Transformers to do a good job on those.

• Like Like x 4
  17. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

If I had a dollar every time people complained about controversial figures trying something new, I'd have 50$

18. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    yep, I was definitely referencing that people expressed their disapproval of these creators' previous works. that's totally why I said yikes. anyway, carry on fighting the good fight against that nasty PC culture.

19. Thumbaticon

Thumbaticon "It's all right, I'm an emergency vehicle!"

Only $50?

20. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    do you think writers are only ever good at one genre? is that how you think this works?