IDW’s Transformers Comics Solicitations: October 2021

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Jul 23, 2021.

1. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

Sorry but what part of this tells me he’s into politics or money?

2. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    48434-WTF.jpg

This went from perplexing to hilarious.

• Like Like x 3
  3. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

having property in this case means he had an open space for which to race in. Nothing it was said about an actual home.

Swindle even in the cartoon marketed in energon. He literally worked for food.
    But given the key also did business with outworlders, amassing other species’s currency made sense in his case

4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Hey so anyway, who's looking forward to what appears to be Razorbeat's arrival. I'm not super familiar with his past use in fiction so I'll be interested to see what characterization he'll have and how it'll impact the Maximals dynamic.

I'm hoping he'll be a counter to Rhinox and tend to side with Dinobot more in how he thinks Primal should approach the war. Would be a good way to bring a bit of friction to the Maximal ranks that we didn't get a lot of since it was usually just Dinobot v Everyone. Having someone who's always been a Maximal seeing things from his POV would be an interesting twist. We didn't really get that kind of conflict until Depth Charge showed up.

• Like Like x 3
  5. UndeadScottsman

UndeadScottsman Ain't afraid of no Bad Spark.

The part about how he'd rather be in Monte Carlo, or hunting turbofoxes with his high priced friends. Monte Carlo and Foxhunts are both things that are frequently associated with the rich.

• Like Like x 4
  6. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

HAHAHAHA it’s all there in a black and white kids show.

Or shall I pull up Octane peeping at a robo centerfold, or a cabaret show in the faces of darkness flashback. Or the fact that they were “consumer goods?” Wonder what commercial purpose would robo-tits an ass could have. Lol

but of course, being sentient pimples in a robo-God’s ass makes a lot more sense. Lol

7. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

I mean, the only Monte Carlo reference I would get is the actual race. And considering they are not exactly going to ride horses while hunting foxes, I still think it’s a reference to racing. But that’s just me

8. Spartan Prime

News Credits:
    Dude. No it doesn't mean that. Mirage owned an estate. A home in which he lived, and in which he used it's wide expanses to hunt turbofoxes. This was not for racing.

Swindle took fucking RUBLES for parts in a G1 episode. That's money.

Are you okay?

• Like Like x 3
  9. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair, there was nothing in the original series bible or the comics treatment that set forth that the Autobots or Decepticons were any kind of product line. That was a later development in the cartoon, which makes it about as developmentally valid as any subsequent comic addition. If anything, the cartoon production bible had very little related to the origin of the species. There's a pretty good likelihood that the concept was borrowed from the Marvel comic treatment.

Edit:

I had to check, but yeah. The Female Autobots appeared in Season 2. The whole consumer product concept didn't appear until FFoD in 86, so female Autobots predate the canon set by FFoD.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  10. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

AAbd he used it for what? More purchases! he wasn’t Scrooge McDuck swimming in a pile of rubies.

Megatron also collected rubies in one episode. He used them to power a freaking weapon.

11. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

I can agree with that.

12. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

image0-20.png

• Like Like x 5
  13. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

14. Spartan Prime

News Credits:
    Then you agree that Swindle was paid in currency. Which was not weapons or energon. Thanks, that's all I was looking for.

Also, since definitions aren't a strong suit here- "rubles" and "rubies" are not the same thing.

• Like Like x 4
  15. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

I mean. I DID say that being a profiteer and swindler he'd have to use other world currency to keep his habit going.
    I mean. What the fuck is a Cybertronian gonna do with Russian currency if not to buy shit from Russians. Lol!

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Even if he was "paid" in weapons and energy, bartering is very much commerce. Since money only has whatever value someone spending it is willing to agree to pay. Me agreeing to trade you a TV for two pots of beef stew means whatever I spent/traded/did to acquire that stew is worth that TV you're giving me for it.

Hell, money is inherently something we use to value people's time and effort. The reason most civilizations transitioned to currency was because it's far more liberating to be PAID for your time/effort than being tied to whoever is "paying" you with shelter/food.

• Like Like x 3
  17. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

18. Spartan Prime

News Credits:
    I've only ever read him in the Furman thing he did, which I'm pretty sure is the tail end of Dreamwave? Super early IDW? I know he was a leader to the group of Maximals there, or had some sort of position of conflictive authority. A power dynamic with him and Primal (whom I consider to be pretty overrated) might be fun to see. Something less malicious than Primal had with Dinobot, ya know?

• Like Like x 1
  19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Was Primal/Dinobot ever really malicious? It was certainly two guys disagreeing on methods but I don't think it was ever that hostile beyond the initial challenge (which they did away with in IDW).

So yeah, Razorbeast being more openly hostile or frustrated with Primal would be quite different from Dinobot (especially as he's been protrayed in IDW thus far). Because he could potentially bring out the worst in Dinobot, or even force Dinobot to really test his new loyalties.

Because Dinobot respects the chain of command, and seemingly Primal at the moment. So if Razorbeast was more antagonistic and showed signs he was willing to try and supplant Primal...what would Dinobot do?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Downwash

Downwash VTOL Tactician

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm mostly a lurker but this discussion caused me to comment, geewuners are funny. Primus smiles on you today Spartan Prime.

• Like Like x 3