IDW’s Transformers Comics Solicitations: July 2021

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by shadow panther, Apr 23, 2021.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    *record scratch*
    *Freeze frame*
    Tarantulas: "Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation…"

IDW-0721-004.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  3. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD! RHINOX IS GOING TO SLAM TARANTULAS MAGGLE!

THIS IS A FIRST TIME IN CWE HISTORY!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hans

Hans Secret Agent

Okay, I have to say.... that's the most depressingly bad Transformers comic book art I've EVER seen.... on ALL those covers (except the Milne one, but it doesn't make me want to read the story either).

It's like IDW isn't even trying to sell these books anymore...
    In a world were we have artists like Guido Guidi, Casey Coller, Alex Milne, Sara Pitre-Durocher... how could it come to this?

• Like Like x 6
  5. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    guido is working on the shattered glass series, Casey has a day job that pays way better than comics and a family he would rather focus on(something the fandom could do more of) Alex does his own thing here and there but admits drawing full time is straining and Sara stepped away to focus on her own full time job as a game developer.

theres your reasons

• Like Like x 5
  6. Pteraxadon

Pteraxadon RirFib supporting pterosaur

Wondering if tigertron and blackarachina or airazor and inferno are going to appear or not

7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I don't get how we can be this many months/years in to some of these new comics and people still feel like they need to weigh in on the art. It'd be like if we still had gamers going on about Windwaker.

It's fine if you don't like it, but it is what it is.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get people tired about talking about the art but in a comic preview what else is there to talk about other then the cover samples and story summary? I can understand people not finding any worth in broad statements but if someone makes specific critiques then at least to me it's valid. I might or might not agree but they have the right to say it.

Anyways these are fine. I actually like the cover with Swindle gearing up in front of his stash.

Following that link to the other covers posted I enjoy the TMNT and that Sea of Sorrows looks really nice. But that Marvel cover with the team all looking one direction I'm not sure I can say much about it that others might already be thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I mean, if they've got nothing new to contribute to the conversation....saying nothing is also an option.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

Because they have a imaginary gun pointed at their heads being forced to read it and if you call them out and tell them to just stop reading it they say they can’t because it’s their media or they give the laziest reason possible with is “I have a right to my opinion”

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Tell me about it. It's the same when you suggest they don't buy the figure who's vague "inaccuracies" make them post paragraph long rants about being "slapped in the face" because a toy didn't get the design it "deserved."

• Like Like x 7
  12. markerguru

markerguru tech master TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I really wish you would stop misinterpreting what I've said in the past about past projects to reflect how things are today. Everyone has a burnout point at some point, especially if you are taking on multiple artistic jobs. That doesn't mean you can't refresh and get back at it again. Maybe in the past it became a strain to work on a book that has a zillion different things and characters going on at points, but that has not been the case in the last several years and I'm open and willing to work if IDW wants to provide work to me. I have worked on several projects after MTMTE, that's not my only body of work. The only strain I have these days is pushing to do better with each new project/book so I can provide the audience a enjoyable experience when reading. Also, drawing full time is not straining. What is straining is dealing with a bunch of real life issues that I don't discuss online EVER, because it's no ones business. I'm sorry if that comes off as harsh, but I do not like being misunderstood to help fit a narrative.

• Like Like x 23
  13. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    WITH GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF!

• Like Like x 5
  14. Hans

Hans Secret Agent

I hope they do, and soon Alex. We need you! : )

• Like Like x 5
  15. markerguru

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did do the annual which will be out I believe the end of next month.

• Like Like x 14
  16. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BW battle scenes are always fun. took me a second to figure what was on the ground beside scorponok and realized its explosives cause rattraps taking cover. also what is behind rhinox? is that tarantulas' transformation lock lens again?

17. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

All I said is you do stuff here and there and it gets straining doing it. How is that misleading when that’s what you said. I’m sorry your followers bring you up and hold you in a higher regard then you really are and someone else brings up stuff you’ve said to explain something and then they run to go get you off social media to defend something wasn’t actually negative nor intended to be.

Jeez some of shittiest things about art get said when previews and solicitations get released but someone says anything Alex Milne that’s not a metaphorical dick suck and it’s “Alex defend yourself!”

god forbid how you’d handle criticism when you were copycatting Don’s art back in the day.

18. Hans

Hans Secret Agent

I'll pick it up and support you, thanks!

19. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Let's keep this discussion civil, thank you. TFW2005 Rules

• Like Like x 1
  20. markerguru

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say and for that I'm sorry. The post came off to me as if you were saying that I don't do as much because I said it was straining to do so and interpreted that as staining me all the time.

Yes, talk about art bring up heated arguments. I personally don't like seeing people/friends/colleges I know attacked for their work. Nor do I enjoy seeing people think they hire others only to cut costs. Yes those could be factors but then that would lead to see how low someone would work for attitude and I personally don't see the people at IDW like that. It's more about style and that is subjective. I know very well when something is not liked. I heard it for a long time with my own art and still do. Yeah, the early stuff is not good at all. Give me a couple weeks and I'm sure I will hate what I draw today.

As for Don. He's great. I enjoy the work he did a lot. He figured out a lot of details that I feel are right for the look of Transformers. Back in the DW days we were asked to match the house still which was based on Don and Pat's art. Don was the best so it's natural to try and emulate that look. During the Ongoing when I filled in, I tried to maintain the look as best i could at the time. I still look back and think that the work he did in Spotlight Optimus Prime is still some of the best TF art. So if someone wanted to say I was or am a Don copycat but not as good, that's fine.

• Like Like x 13