IDW’s Transformers Comics Solicitations: August 2021

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Paladin, May 18, 2021.

1. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    same people are say “I have a right to my opinion” and then scurry away when the creator actually is a member and chimes in politely defending the criticism of his style like Josh did last month

• Like Like x 5
  2. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 X-Wing: Mercy Kill

News Credits:
    With the greatest respect, I hear you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

News Credits:
    Exhibit A of what you just quoted me about. Criticism here is usually met with:

1) gatekeeping
    2) ad hominem attacks
    3) elitist posturing
    4) some combination of the above three

4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Right? Like he actually engaged in good faith amd people just ignored it and kept repeating the same stuff...not even wanting to engage with him.

When stuff like that happens, it's no wonder creators rarely want to come here outside of interviews with staff.

Have the Wreckers been in SG before? Because given what they were already...what would their "evil" version be?

Heck, now I want to see an SG DJD. They'd almost certainly be Lawful Good Paladins.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    youre doing it too dude. You just don’t like when people don’t rally behind you.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Perdere

Perdere Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Are we hating on the art style change for Beast Wars now, or liking it, or what?

I was more or less enjoying the first few issues' style ... I know for some that means I have to turn in my Transformers Club ID card...

7. Astrotrain52

News Credits:
    Except...I haven't.

You're allowed to love and hate whatever you want, mate. There is no "we" lol

8. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    so it was someone else saying the art looked like IDW pulled an artist off Instagram that ruffled some feathers?

And that sums up tf2005 comics threads for the last 2 years.

• Like Like x 3
  9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    It's fine?

A few things seem off, mostly some of the panels seemed squished (but I'm repeating myself).

I'll wait until I've got the issue in hand to see if it's across the entire thing or not. Will also be interesting to see how this style conveys motion compared to the previous.

Like I keep saying, it's at worst/best a lateral move. And in another 6 issues it may change again and we'll start this whole cycle over.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    I just care about the story more then anything nowadays. I think josh is a wonderful artist and this isn’t bad but it’s pretty standard looking so far. It’s not bad but it doesn’t stand out either and not necessarily a bad thing. It does what it needs to do. As long as the story telling in the art is there I’m fine with it. When you can’t tell what’s happening that’s the problem and there’s plenty of “fan favorites” that have that problem. Art looks nice but can’t convey a story to save their lives

11. Astrotrain52

News Credits:
    Which is a criticism, which is what this board is for.

Or are only people who fit in with the majority opinion allowed to post, eh gatekeeper?

12. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, it took five Autobots to take him down.

My biggest problem with the original shattered glass comic book was that it seemed to take place entirely at night, with dim surroundings.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2021
  13. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I guess the SG Wreckers could be like the sensible, tactical, low-collateral-damage contrast to insane Optimus' methods.

But I'm really liking the idea of a SG DJD who are actually committed to justice. You could even adjust their alt modes to be more helpful/heroic. Vos as a shield, Kaon as a stretcher, big guys as like a recycling center, water purifier or recuperation chamber? Tarn could still be a tank or other military vehicle, I suppose - kind of a Captain America military hero thing.

Hmm... I wonder if you'd end up naming them after different cities? I havn't gone into SG fiction enough to know if Tarn is still a Decepticon city in the SGverse.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    And my point is proven. You’re doing the same thing as others but because you’re not being backed you’re all defensive about it

nut humor what did you mean by calling the art looking like the artist was some one pulled off Instagram

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Oh I like that. They're the special ops team you deploy when you don't want to actually kill everyone and get out. Unlike the standard universe, if you knew the Wreckers were there they weren't doing their job properly. Something like what Killmonger was in the MCU. They infiltrate, sow chaos, and destabilize from within.

Tarn is a zealot in the normal universe, right? So perhaps he's a tank, but retired military and works more as a missionary helping communities left isolated or without aid by the war. If you want to keep him in conflict with Megatron, he could have left the military after seeing the collateral damage they were causing, and wishes for a peaceful end to conflict. I also love the idea that they're devoted to justice, but absolutely abhor violence. Having defensive/support alts would be perfect. As you could tell the story about how Tarn recruited his team after leaving the army.

Tarn being a missionary would also fit with his ability to use his voice to influence people. Just this time it's less literal.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Astrotrain52

News Credits:
    Again, I ask, what point? You're not making a valid one. "Not being back" is not a point.

17. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

People are allowed to criticize your criticism! That's what happens in a discussion! Christ!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks to me like Sixshot was beat near to death by Ultra Magnus, Kup, Wheeljack and Roadbuster, then Blurr ran in and stole the kill from them!

Screenshot_20210812-120526.png

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    well you threw some shade at two veteran artists and upset some and now playing “oh so I’m not allowed to have my own opinion?” shit

• Like Like x 3
  20. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course the speedster would be a kill stealer.

• Like Like x 2