IDW’s Transformers Comics Solicitations: August 2021

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Paladin, May 18, 2021.

1. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Nope. It's a well-done quirky, comedic style. It's a quality piece of work. It's not a typical transformers piece of art. Doesn't "belong?" According to WHO? YOU? a few other dorks on the forum?

I dunno if you get this but COMICS ARE FULL OF A VARIETY OF DIFFERENT ART STYLES.

Putting all arguments about "quality" and "belonging" aside, the whole bit of "lacking effort" is utter bollocks. You think that somehow didn't take effort? What a joke. You don't have to LIKE it, but this take of you and several others that buddy didn't even like, "make an effort" is horseshit speculation because YOU don't like it.

It's ONE cover out of... At this point, three or four covers an issue for how many idw transformers comics over the past decade+? And yall can't even handle it.

• Like Like x 6
  2. RNSrobot

Then don't make false shit comments like waaah lacks "effort" and "isn't suitable." One is insulting/based on what, and the other is Entirely subjective. Lack of effort? Prove that shit. You can't, ffs.

Calling out bad faith commentary isn't the same as crying because a thing of a thing you like isn't exactly to your taste. Grow up. You're a 40 year old human going waaaaaaah one of Multiple covers isn't what I want. Even if I didn't like it---and I don't like every cover --- I feel zero need to make an "argument"about why I'm right and the cover is... Wrong?

As far as fan artists? What, is idw or any company supposed to just be like hey you, draw us a thing? They can get to work and make shit happen if they want to draw professionally. Don fig did!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

Seriously, the whole "lacks effort" complaint bothers me so much. That's impossible to prove unless you talk to the artists themselves, and if these people really want Hasbro to pick fanartists to draw covers and comics for them... THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT THEY DID! That's how artists like Anna Malkova and Herzpalter went professional! If you don't like their styles, fine, but it's just so weird to say that Hasbro should hire artists from the fandom to work for them and then be dissatisfied when they actually do that. It seems less like you really wanted fandom-originating artists and more like you wanted artists who had styles you like. Which is totally fine, everyone's entitled to their own tastes, but just say that out the gate instead of insulting professional artists by implying that they're lazy and only working for the money when everything that they've said about their jobs indicates that they're really enthusiastic about Transformers. And it's REALLY weird to say that Hasbro should peruse fan forums for artists, and then call someone's style "amateurish" and say that it belongs in a fanart forum. Just pick a complaint. :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  4. RNSrobot

There is such a difference between "I don't like it" vs fabricating "Supporting Arguments About Why Said Thing Shouldn't Even Exist."

• Like Like x 4
  5. AutobotMegatron

AutobotMegatron Power-Master

Just got done reading this whole thread for the august solicitations, and at the end of it... what the hell? Its pretty plain to see RNSrobot and Bee427 bullying people throughout.
    Honestly ganging up on other users for differing opinions? Ffs. These are comics. Stop taking shit so seriously. Do you know how many valid/invalid complaints are posted on this board everyday? Some of which I'm sure that both of you have added to. It's constant rampant arguing and prattling on like this that makes it hard to enjoy these forums. Right or wrong, nothing either of you or the people you are arguing with is helping and you're only sucking the life and enjoyment out of this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Comic book fans take comic books very seriously indeed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. AutobotMegatron

Yeah like heart attack serious. My life is over if ________ doesnt happen serious.

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    To some avid readers, thats actually true.

I'm sure you're aware of the backlash towards Hydra Captain America. Or Mephisto erasing Peter Parker and Mary Jane's marriage.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AutobotMegatron

Totally aware, unfortunately.
    I'm just tired of seeing people bullied because they don't like what someone else does. Its even worse that two of the posters arguing with another to move on, and niether of them getting it, like.. hey I really CAN do just that.

10. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

The fuck? All I've been doing is poking fun at people who take the art in IDW2 deadly seriously. Like "oh my god, IDW will go BANKRUPT if they keep using this shitty artist", etc. And I don't know if you've noticed, but "constant rampant arguing and prattling on" happens every day on this website about every topic ever. You have to learn to live with it or ignore it at some point. There's even a great feature to ignore people you don't want to see.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  11. AutobotMegatron

Hey, great idea! focus on that.

12. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    All of the ridiculous little insults and digs are done. If you can't have opposing views and post without breaking rules, you probably need to use you ignore function.

• Like Like x 5
  13. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  14. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    The art looks a lot better imo, but the lack of like

transition to the transforming is a bit unfortunate.

15. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    The dialogue is dialoathsome.

16. G1 Grimlock

G1 Grimlock Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Evil Autobots

17. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love how Primal even basically admits they are only train-fighting during talk because otherwise it would make the comic boring... :D  Sadly nothing of real interest is said between them.
    SG seems the usual edgy nonsense like the Botcon stuff was. Sure, kill of Sixshot in 1 panel like he is a nobody. He never even transformed... in the reverse world  he is not a six changer? Blurr just kicked him and he was dead? Also why does Blurr sometimes talk the fast way and other times not?
    I dunno whom Ratchet was operating on. A Dinobot? Weird colors.

18. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

Shattered Glass looks interesting.
    Just having evil Autobots and good Decepticons alone won't grab my attention for long, but it looks interesting.

I liked how the original handled the concept; "our" Cliffjumper ends up in "their" world. Would be cool to see that idea revisited *cough* the Lost Light *cough*
    Some kind of thing like that, where a character knows this isn't how the world is meant to be would add some drama to the whole production.

Frankly I would've tied it into the current ongoing by having the Torchbearer character (god they're all so samey I can never keep them straight) end up there instead of the Exarchon world, but you can't always get what you want I suppose

19. RacerCheetor

RacerCheetor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a big difference between the drawing style of Winston Chan and Josh Burcham, you can still enjoy Chan's strokes in #8, in #9 Burcham returns to illustrate the comic.

20. G1 Grimlock

G1 Grimlock Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    RIP SG Six Shot

• Like Like x 2