IDW’s Transformers Comics Solicitations: April 2021

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    but when lost light was announced and everyone was upset you werent on it you said on Twitter that you were surprised you weren’t on it but didn’t feel bad about it because you admitted were always reason mtmte was being delayed here and there. I recall that because people were freaking so much and bashing IDW so bad you stepped in and said it’s fine and wish jack good luck even making the joke about having to deal with James heavy scripts

This whole thing started by someone calling the current art boring and just downright bad and saying IDW isn’t using these artists because it’s cheaper to use them. Alex do you have any kind of response or opinion to that since you know some of those artists? Josh in particular since it’s his art really being targeted as that

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2021
  2. markerguru

markerguru tech master TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The scripts were heavy and working on them was super draining at times. The cast was overly large. New characters would pop up that needed to be created that required designs that you never got enough time to do. Long hours and little rest wore away at my health which caused issues to occur. 2nd season of MTMTE the cast bloated up even more and the scripts asked for even more to be crammed in. It was an incredibly stressful book to work on especially if you want to maintain a look for it. As for that tweet, I was asked to calm everyone down, so I did. In the end it was probably good to not work on it anymore since it was becoming less enjoyable to do and It wouldn't be fair to the fans to work on something I'm not putting my all into.

I can't say if it has anything to do with how much someone costs. I think it has to do with if the editors like the style of art which they do. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but you can't please everyone. If it were due to cost, IDW can let artists know that this is the rate for the work and it is up to the artist to accept or decline it. So I don't think it has anything to do with cost.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    which I get and maybe saying you’ve been unreliable in the past is a bit extreme but it stems from that tweet where you brought it up. If you take offense to that I do apologize for that.

I think it totally has to do with what they like. Like you josh Burcham has an great relationship with John and IDW they do like his style a lot and that why he’s on that book and what books you get offered to do. I get getting burned out too. I do art and yeah if you’re not feeling it you either push yourself which affects the art and you and all you see are the problems with it. I know Andrew Griffith said once he was offered so OP ongoing but he was completely burned out and needed a break from drawing robots

4. Greenspan

Greenspan Monetary Maestro

News Credits:
    People like it? Fine! More power to them!

I don't.

Have a good one!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For me the art doesnt look or feel like transformers. Kinda glad the pandemic has saved me a fortune picking up the new IDW stuff.

6. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

That's IDW for you. If it's supposed to come out in February, it comes out in April. If it's supposed to come out in April, it comes out in August. If it's supposed to come out in August, it comes out in February!

7. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

Just wanted to pop in and say all the effort and sacrifices you’ve made for your art have been worth it, to me anyways. :D 
    I still go back and flip through MTMTE issues and even your more recent minis.
    That shot of Autobot Megatron lounging on Rung’s office “couch”, the flashbacks to his trial, ANY time you’ve done Metroplex in city mode (really, most of your backgrounds)...
    It’s hard to find spare time as an adult to stop and appreciate such things, but your stuff I still pour over all the fine details, just like when I was a kid pouring through the Headmasters mini series, or issues of Blaster and Goldbug on adventures together.
    Love your stuff on Instagram too.
    But just know, all that effort you’ve put into these pages, it’s all still a joy to behold.

I’ve fallen behind on most of this newer stuff and need to catch up (Like I said, it’s tougher and tougher to find time these days), but I always like mini adventures like ESCAPE seems to be, and I dig Nautica having Road Rage as her bodyguard. I’d pick this up!

8. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I'm going to point out here is that "social media" isn't the majority of anything. It's a niche within a niche, so just be careful about using it for a measure of popularity or success.

In the UK the BBC thought the last election was too close to call entirely due to social media. An 80 seat majority (huge in the UK) showed how out of touch social media was.

I don't think Diamond's sales figures are in for any month of 2021 yet, so we can't say how well it's doing. Western comics in general are selling very poorly so I don't see how it can be viewed as that successful in any respect.

I've seen nothing that makes me want to buy anything in IDW's reboot line, including the art. I could be on social media expressing my disappointment, I've just got better things to do.

9. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Reading this reminds me that it's always seemed slightly insane to me to expect artists to put out work of the calibre that Milne, Roche, Figueraro etc put out every month, to a deadline. I find it really odd that IDW didn't adopt alternating artists on arcs as a standard practice. MTMTE's fill-in artists usually felt like they were last-minute substitutions, but since it had these neat three-issue arcs as well as lots of bottle episodes, it seems to me that it should have been possible to plan to have Milne and one other artist as a tag team.

10. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    My son lost complete interest in TF/BTTF miniseries. He LOVES BTTF and was very excited for the miniseries. With all the delays he doesnt even ask me when #4 is coming out anymore (it was due out in January)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

He and I both, and here I thought the Terminator crossover took forever to finish!

I'm not even going to talk about that sad run of G.I.Joe that seemingly came out at random.

12. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

I wish people would stop living in the past and get on with things as they are. People would be happier that way.

Don has moved on and so should we. I get why people are talking about him and what's gone before but he's not doing it now and I can't see him returning any time soon.

As I always say no one is making you buy the books. If the art or story isn't floating your ark then you don't have to buy it. You have that freedom to go no it's not for me and move on.

It really is that easy

• Like Like x 2
  13. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like how the Autobots use their automodes to protect civilians, basically turning themselves into shields, because I feel like you don't see it as much.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    https://twitter.com/Anna__Malkova/status/1381142598119735296

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zordonsage

Zordonsage Member

I want the  decepticon cover so far that is the best one.

16. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  17. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That intro with Frenzy and Breakdown was great. Looking like they're bringing more continuities? We already know about Wildwheel from Cyberverse, and both Shadow Striker and Slipstream is here, but I couldn't help but notice Breakdown and Airachnid take on their Prime appearances as well

They fucked up RD's mane's colors in the 3rd panel and it's really bugging me :/

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It\'s really jarring to see them throw in characters from G1, Prime, Cyberverse all together and not even redesign them...
    Also this is a second series? I never even finished the first, hhhh, guess I need to.

19. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Four panels in and it’s already crapping on Transformers fans.

20. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    How so?