IDW’s Transformers Comics Solicitations: April 2021

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Certainly taste is part of it, and you're welcome to disagree and enjoy what you enjoy. But I think there's still something to take away here if "everyone keeps saying that" the artwork is bad.

2. G1BotHead

G1BotHead New Member

That Beast Wars cover is the most boring artwork I\'ve ever seen. 

• Like Like x 1
  3. decepticonaiden

decepticonaiden Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    That's fair. I just can't help but wonder if people are being a little too harsh towards it? I've seen people say that the Cosmos cover is lazy and bad, which, at least to me, isn't true at all. From what I've seen, people seem a little biased against IDW2, admittedly for valid reasons. But I find the critiques of the artwork are, for the most part, unjust

4. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Interesting how Dinobot seems to be spending more time as a Predacon at the start than he did on the show. Should allow for even more tension when he does join the Maximals.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    The idea they're going for is kind of a "National Geographic" feel (hence the yellow border) but I kind of agree in this instance, the Rhinox/Scorponok cover for issue #2 is a lot more visually interesting than this one.

6. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    they are. It’s the same people saying the same crap every month and then admitting they’re either not actually reading the books or someone has an imaginary gun to their being forced to read it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It's a welcome change. I get that Dinobot needed to switch sides quickly in the show for purposes of getting things moving, and they kinda make up for it later on by going through a slower process when Blackarachnia switches sides. But now that we don't have the same budget/time constraints as the original series it gives us a chance to let the defection simmer.

It'll also hopefully let the post-defection breathe a bit as well. There should be some tension even once Dinobot has changed sides. The Rattrap/Dinobot relationship is a good model for that, and I hope they give each crew member a chance to handle it in their own time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

Notice how Waspinator never changed teams.
    Wazzpinatorz > dinobot

#freeWaspinator
    #Waspinator4life
    #Wazpinatorz4prez

I hope they don't mess up Waspinator. He was the best. A real predacon

9. decepticonaiden

decepticonaiden Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I do kinda understand it. The original IDW was amazing, so IDW2 had an up hill battle to win fans over. Add onto that the admittedly slow story (at least up to where I've read), and I can see the disappointment. I can also understand feeling the need to read it. I'm at issue 19 of the main series, and I'm at the point that I want to keep seeing it, regardless of quality. Again, though, I just don't see the hate for the art. The art is just as good as IDW1

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    heres how I look at it. IDW spent how many years dealing with flashbacks and prequel stories to build their world and history? 5-8 years of continuous flashbacks and prequels to show their history and build the universe. This is just doing so they don’t have to spend god knows how much time doing what they had to do. We’re just getting it now.

the problem I have is it’s the same damn people every month throwing shade at the art and if it’s not the art then the story and if it’s not the story it’s just blatantly bashing the writer and if all those arnt something to complain about then it’s time to bash IDW in general and it’s the same damn people doing it to a point I don’t what they say seriously because they’re just bitching to bitch at that point. Looking for anything to be snarky about for likes

• Like Like x 1
  11. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Destron Enforcer

News Credits:
    Can the people who keep feeling the need to have a whine about peoples opinions of a comic tell me where in the rules it states that negative critique isn't allowed?

"AlWaYs tHe SaMe PeOpLe-" conveniently it also seems to 'always be the same people' defending shitty, low effort content. Now what? What do these points add to the discussion? Because it looks like you don't have any good arguments to defend the comics and are now just going after the messenger instead of the message despite the fact that I know people have taken the time to break down these bad arguments ("No one is forcing you to read- Why are you here if you don't like it?") but it just seems to go in one ear and out the other and then you go back to making the same bad arguments.

It doesn't suddenly become more true just because you keep repeating it.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    spoken like someone who doesn’t like being called out for complaining all the time

• Like Like x 1
  13. ThunderDestron

Its really two sides of the same coin. I dont even use coins though, I just barter buffalo hides.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dark_T_Zeratul

Dark_T_Zeratul Well-Known Member

I think that would have worked better if Tarantulas was in spider mode looking threatening, rather than just standing still in a pose that looks like it's off the model sheet.

15. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Destron Enforcer

News Credits:
    You could do some really interesting covers if you wanted to do a parody of NatGeo, rather than just have two characters standing there awkwardly in a white void.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ThunderDestron

Maybe if there was ...um... nature in the picture it would work better.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BlaminisPrime

BlaminisPrime Neighborhood cute boy

Twitter:
    He looks lile he'd be a toy though. Look at the color separation on his legs! And 2022 isnt Kingdom :p 

18. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I vote imaginary gun.

Artwork aside, I enjoy the story direction. It seems multi-faceted and uniting for a larger story arc. Not to spoil anything, but I imagine with the conclusion of Galaxies, those stories are going to collide with the main story.

• Like Like x 2
  19. BlaminisPrime

BlaminisPrime Neighborhood cute boy

Twitter:
    I always feel like they miss an opprotunity by not putting the deluxe ones in swarm shots like this

20. ClatterShards

ClatterShards Well-Known Member

While I do appreciate Ramondelli as a fill in artist for side stories, I wish he would upgrade his art form more.