Identify the good and bad Masterpiece Lambor MP-12 batch

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JackJJW, Nov 15, 2012.

1. JackJJW

JackJJW Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I love the MP-12 Lambor toy, it's awesome. But I received one of the dodgy paint job models. Lots of people have received perfect paint though. Although I'm sending mine back, what I really want is a perfect model. So I thought we could do some investigative work to see if there is a good batch.

Please add the code from the base of your box and where you bought your MP-12 from and whether it has good or bad paint below :)  like this... Bad paint - Big Bad Toy Store - 12812

GOOD
    [​IMG]
    perithimus - good paint - bbts - J1012
    turboedguy - good paint - RK - J1012
    tigerblade - good paint - RK - J1012
    Cyclonus79 - good paint - ???? - 12812
    whoamidri - good paint - bbts - 12812
    kranix - good paint - ???? - 12812

BAD
    [​IMG]
    JackJJW - bad paint - bbts - Code: 12812

This might not work but it's worth a shot!

Jack

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    There's no way that's gonna work.

It's proven fact that the first and second batches of any MPs and heck any other toys for that matter are usually sloppy do to rushing to meet deadlines.

give it a few batches til they work all the kinks out and the quality control is monitored more closely. :) .

3. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

Not sure if it will work but here's my info

good paint - bbts - 12812

4. JackJJW

JackJJW Well-Known Member

Haha, that kinda proves this won't work straight away as ours are from the same batch :)  thanks for replying, I guess it would still be good to see a few more though

5. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only stamp I see on mine is J1012. Paint is pretty much flawless on mine. Mine just has a bad hinge on the leg. Got mine from BBTS.

6. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Mine is good too except for some extra paint lumps here and there.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Dan Shu Ping was a happy boy, he had just turned sixteen and his older brother had just arranged for him to have his first real job, working with him at a factory making toys!

Upon his first day Dan was noted by the supervisor for having small hands, partly due to his age. Almost straight through the door he was directed to the painting department, a different department from his brother. But thats alright, Dan would see him at lunchbreak.

Immediately Dan is put to work painting red on a very complex car. The fact that many of the parts are hollow making it harder to hold doesn't help Dan, and the insistance he work faster and paint more cars meant he had to rush things a little. But this was Dans first job, he wanted to do well and do his brother proud. So Dan painted like no tomorrow, but it was never enough. Toward the end of shift his hand would shake and some of the paint would be lumpy.

Weeks later complaints about the paint from overseas filtered into the factory floor, the factory master was not happy. Dan was suddenly torn from his workstation (making an unsightly lump on the toy he was painting) taken outside and beaten up. He was to blame for ALL the bad paint complaints. Dan protested,he couldn't possibly be responsible for all of it, and he was trying his best!

The Master wouldn't hear of it, Dan was the new guy it WAS ALL his fault. Before leaving him in a wet ditch the factory master made it clear he would never work in this city again.

Now Dan is destitute and unable to make a living. He was going to use the money earned at that toy factory to buy an iPhone 5 for his brother to say thank you, but now has to consider selling a kidney to do so. Every night he stares at his hands, and curses the being that made them small and eligible for the paint department.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  8. Kranix

Kranix Banned

^^^ fun read but whats the point? of and the toys are painted by a machine that needsits settings fine tuned.

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The problem with Lambor is that the paint finish is subjective. There is no one way to gauge what is considered good and what is considered bad. Everyone has their own standards. I might think my Lambor is flawless while the next guy will think my figure is the worst one he has seen.

If you are buying this figure, I think you need to go in understanding that the paint is very hit and miss.

You don't know do you?

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ng-conditions-post-261-hasbros-statement.html

Holidays by Hasbro

As much as some of you guys like to think these are made in a factory automated by machines, this is not the case. A lot of manual labor is involved in painting and assembling Transformers figures.

10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Exactly!

11. IcedPhoenix

IcedPhoenix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That'll teach em...

12. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi,

Thanks for your effort to post this thread.

I am quite surprised that BBTS actually exchanges badly painted TF for customer.

Do not see this happen in Singapore yet, not that I know of.

13. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Where is the stamp? Mine is pretty much flawless bar the different shade of red on the door.

14. Kranix

Kranix Banned

i agree with you totally, but large items like hoods and other large parts get painted by a machine and roll down the line for some chinese kid to assemble. again it isnt every part, but certain parts go through an automated spray and stencil to cover areas that are a loss of money to have a human do. i know the autobot logo on the hood wasnt hand painted.

15. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Then it is not flawless. It's like saying my girl is a perfect 10 except she is missing a toe:p 

16. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Tough shit. Not my problem.

17. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

Gotta say that story is awesome in all regards.

18. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    On the bottom of the box.

Both of mine have the same number stamp: 12812. The opened one looks fine to me.

19. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't know what's done how exactly, but there are a lot of parts on a lot of toys (MP especially) that are not done by some guy with a paintbrush. Does that make it some guy with a stencil and an airbrush? Possibly.

20. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    I don't think anyone should expect to find a perfect paint job. These figures go through the process of toy manufacturing, not fine high end collectible manufacturing, and that means there's a lot of variables in the factory that can cause something to be less than flawless. These aren't Franklin Mint replicas. Expect to see a little chip here, or a smudge there, or maybe a bit of overspray. That's being realistic.

Yeah, there are some flaws that can't be overlooked. I can see two panels next to each other painted different shades of red being a big problem. Just try not to make a mountain out of a molehill.