Ideas for new Combiners in the movie-verse?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

We already got a spot filled for a Godzilla bot. He's called Trypticon lol.

2. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

And he is truly lame.

3. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

how about 5 robots form to combine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Okay, imagine THAT on the big screen! I'm already wanting fan art of it. :eek: 

5. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    ORIGINAL MEGAZORD!!! :D  My favorite part of my childhood. :) 

Although extremely cheesy, it was fun as hell getting up in the morning to watch that thing combine and fight giant monsters. All the individual Zords are just too damn awesome!

6. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    Bruticus....want to see a new Brawl :D 

7. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

Since they have introduced the very first combiner (as well as Decepticon's first), Devastator, it's only fair to introduce Autobot's first combiner, Superion. I think they should also have Bruticus as Decepticon's answer to Superion, since I have a sneaky feeling that Devastator won't survive ROTF.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay that sounds awesome, specially if he got a giantic toy with 2838273823 sturdy modes and mini insecticons.

9. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Superion vs Bruticus? Cool. But I hope Bruticus especially listens to Starscream. Man, I hate that Devastator probably dies... He's my favorite combiner.

10. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Folks:

To look more at the toys, I think Hasbro should try making a movie-styled combiner using the Energon 'Powerlinx' combiner technology. Keep it compatible with the Energon molds for extra fun (because we've got reissues of those now.) That tech worked pretty well - the connectors were strong enough to hold together, and made decent joints for the gestalt mode.

This would be a good opportunity to make some Protectobots.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Menasor would sorta work, maybe the whole Stunticon team could be re-done with a NASCAR theme (like all 5 protoforms crash at a racetrack or something):

-Motormaster is still a truck and trailer, but one of those special ones made for racing (and the 4 other stunticons fit in the trailer like a racing team), but only the Cab is Motormaster (so he's relatively the same size as the others) and the trailer unfolds into a base (like the third base mode for G1 MM). However, MM will combine with the trailer to form the main body and head of Menasor, with bits of the trailer eventaually becoming the hands.
    -Dragstrip would need to be a more realistic racecar, so no more 6 wheels. Something close to classics Mirage would work.
    -Brakedown, instead of being a car, would be a wrecking truck they use to cart racecars off the track when they are rendered undriveable (fits the name)
    -Dead End could be the pace car, since he's so depresed all the time (okay, I couldn't think of anything better)
    -Wildrider could be like a racing truck, a "wild-rider" in a sense.

Maybe it's the whole "realism" thing, but really, Menasor would be an excelent choice for a new movie combiner while still retaining GEEWUN silencing power (Devestator obviously got a whole new design concept, Bruticus doesn't work due to Blast-Off being a freaking space shuttle when there's only like, 4 of those left and stand out like a sore thumb, Superion's design in movie terms doesn't have NEARLY enough body mass to work due to how small planes are).

Or maye it's just that Menasor is one of the early combiners that didn't get redone in Energon.

12. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

What?

Fighter planes run 45 to 60 feet, on average. Bombers, cargo planes, and stuff like AC-130s are at or over 100 feet long.

They're huge.

Superior would dwarf Menasor.

- Coeloptera

13. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Menasor would be a small gestalt, its true. Probably no bigger than Demolishor. Also his name is crap and the name "Stunticons" is even worse. Never liked it. But never mind.
    Superions main component would probably be larger than Menasor unless Menasor had a bigger team with maybe two bots making an arm and two a leg and so on.

I really cant see Menasor being in the movieverse.

Bruticus has far more scope. You dont have to have a shuttle for an arm and so on. Just a shitload of military vehicles. Tanks and gunships and so on.