Customs: Ideas for Customs: I NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by twiztidRodimus, Aug 17, 2012.

1. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I want to make my Classics Galvatron taller, and I've seen people use GEN Kup as base to do so. How can I kitbash this, in basic ways to do it. I have paint to paint him, but Im wondering about which body parts from Kup can I swap or whatever for Galvy.

2. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    Im in the same process of this myself

3. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

From what I've seen and have picked out from the Galvatron customs based on the Kup mold, it uses Kup, Galvatron, and Cyclonus as the primary components. On the Kup mold, it looks like you keep the head/torso block (the part that spins around for transformation) mostly intact while the hood and cab pieces are removed; so are the arms. A majority of the lower leg is removed as well, but the knee hinge is also left mostly intact. From Cyclonus, his lower legs (without his knee hinges) are instead attached to Kup's knees and his shoulder blocks (the ones that swing up during transformation) are attached to the sides of Kup's torso once the hood kibble is cleared out. The arm's seem to use a combination of Kup's upper arms and Cyclonus's lower arms. After that, it looks like a matter of just adding in more details to make it more Galvatrony. However, this would leave Galvatron without an altmode (unless you do some additional modding).

If you're just planning on making the base mold taller, there's not much room that I see in there for additional height without it messing up the tank mode (if you don't go with parts forming).

4. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    yeah, im not worried about the alt mode, I usually don't when customs are involved. I display in bot form almost exclusively

5. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    i'm divising different methods to improve universe 2.0 galvatron (im going to at somepoint make mine G1 meets IDW in the perfect meld) i thoughtvabout remolding some classics seekers legs and giving them new feet and other stuff