Ideas for a TF: Galaxy Force relaunch

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Nerroth, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Hi!

First of all, if you are waiting for the end of Cybertron (or haven't seen the end of Galaxy Force for some other reason) please be warned, as there will be a fair few spoilers in this thread.

So...

When I first watched the finale of GF, it occurred to me that a whole new series of story avenues had been opened up by its conclusion, only to be left dangling by the wrap-up of the main story arc. Today, I watched the episode again - for the first time in a while - and the idea of a series of short stories, each telling a different story of the events post-finale, seemed like a good idea to share!

At the series' end, we see a number of new threads to pick up.

- The 4 new colony ships, each setting out to found new settlements in prreviously unexplored regions of the galaxy:

The trials of adjusting to a new climate, unexpected natural disasters, the possibility of neighbouring alien empires (either new editions of 'classic' races, such as the Nebulans, the Quintessons or the Hub, or entirely new biological or mechanical life forms) each pose examples of what the 4 teams would face in their new corners of the galaxy.

- Life on the 5 established worlds:

Animatros has been scarred by its experiences in the GF story arc, and Flame Convoy will have his hands full trying to restore the world to its former glory.
    A relatively inexperienced hothead has found himself as the new ruler of Speedia.
    Gigalonia has been depopulated, as many of its leaders have left the world to join the colonization efforts.
    Earth is still coming to terms with the reality of having Transformers in their midst - and there's no guarantee that every government there is too happy about the situation...
    Seibertron is being resettled, as the exiles on Earth, as well as newcomers from the other planets, return to the homeworld - a world which has dramatically changed since the last exiles left the world.
    Meanwhile, Dreadlock turns his hand to politics and diplomacy, as the new Chairman of the Space Alliance, charged with maintaining the Space Bridge network tying the worlds together.

- The Hunt for Starscream:

A lone wolf, unable to settle once the Great War came to an end, Sonic Bomber set his sights to new horizons, exploring the universe in his own way. However, he soon encounters Starscream - who may or may not still be operating alongside Soundwave and Noisemaze - and calls for backup from Seibertron. Guardshell and Demolishor, two mechanoids with a lot of catching up to do, set out to join Sonic Bomber in running Starscream to ground.
    However, Starscream is never one to go without a plan - and neither are Noisemaze and Soundwave. Where will their next move take them, and what consequences will there be for the Space Alliance?

- The New Destrons:

Fed up with the idea of peaceful co-existence, Chromia, Gasket and Armbullet have set out to start their own Destron faction - 'persuading' Thundercracker to join them. Will they find Starscream and serve under his banner? Or turn to raiding Alliance worlds or supply ships? Will Thundercracker defect to the Cybertrons, only to face the wrath of his 'colleagues'? Or will they just bumble their way across the galaxy?

- Vector Prime and Master Galvatron:

No longer a part of the material universe, Vector Prime may have been forgiven for imagining that he would be allowed to observe the universe in peace as the guardian of Time. However, that Master Galvatron has seemingly never heard of the word 'oblivion', and the two diametrically opposed sparks clash in a realm beyond reckoning by mortal life forms. What are the consequences should Vector Prime fail in his task? Does the struggle with Master Galvatron consume all of his energy, or can he still observe the unfolding of the universe? Can Master Galvatron learn to influence the material realm - or worse, one day escape it? And if he can escape, will it be over Vector Prime's extinguished spark?

These are but a few possible ideas for expanding upon the GF universe, and since taking on the whole thing might be a bit much in the way of time and effort for fans to take on board, perhaps a collaboration of many short stories - each person responsible for a particular set of characters, keeping an eye on what's happening in related story arcs - might be a better way of going about things?

I wouldn't mind someday doing the Starscream story, myself - if I ever get the time!

So, does it sound crazy, or what?

Gary

2. beatnik poe

beatnik poe Veteran

These are really good ideas. One thing thats hard that I'd like to see is the incorporation of new characters. The central story of all these is the Galvy, VP story since; what happens in their realm effects the real universe. The only problem I see with that story is that strict guidlines ned to be imposed on the way it's told or discussed with the writers ofother storys because essentially the element of existing outside of reality can allow those two characters to change with with the turn of a sentence. Hopefully it could be handled in a way that avoids the utility of a handful of deus ex machina's.

Good plot ideas though, very strong in execution, I may want to try my hand at one or two of these.

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Sounds VERY good so far, and I think I want to work along with it as well (new Destrons in particular, pirates led by Cannonball matey, AAAAAR! :D  ). This has some excellent potential. :) 

4. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

I've been thinking broadly similar stuff.

I thought that perhaps the ships would launch their planet forces and a ton of protoforms at the four new worlds, and thus create four worlds with four new planet forces. Maybe an ocean planet, a sky planet (sort of Cloud City-ish with loads of planes), the apocalypse planet that was an unused concept from Hasbro and a death planet, since it looks like Nitro Convoy is racing though a skeleton in the final credit sequence.

That, and it gives us the opportunity for a character called Death Convoy.

Phazer

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    That sounds great, Repugnus could show up on animatros to help out flame convoy. Shortround could be found working on earth for a human military anti-government group. Excellion and OverRide could have bouts running velocitron. SOUNDWAVE and NOISEMAZE must come back to us.

6. NexusPrime

NexusPrime The finder of Gears

News Credits:
    I like these idea's, I always thought that Chromia and everyone were going to find a new decepticon leader maybe someone like Gigatron, or a set of unknown decepticons that were maybe sucked into the black hole ages ago. But are now released, if someone was going to go along the cybertron line it could be the spawn of unicron.

7. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Well, I'd be more keen to keep the setting apart from Micron Legend and Super Link (as Gonzo did when developing Galaxy Force), so the events of either earlier sereis won't necessarily relate to this continuity.

Good to see some interest in the idea, maybe in the summer (after exams!) this could be more properly thrashed out.

Gary