Customs: [idea] Prototype Cassette Man

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Bobby Lemain, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

as many of you can see from my sig, or my post about soundblaster's origin:
    [​IMG]
    My idea is to buy a KO soundblaster from Jason Jupiter, acquire a trailbreaker head from donnie76446, slap some paint on, make some custom decals, and create the microchanger in the pictuer above.

also, as a quick question, I wish to cut a peice of my KO megatron and attatch a hinge by using a pin and well, I really don't know what to use to cut the plastic with.
    [​IMG]
    The cut will be right where the trigger is and more then 1.5mm cannot be lost in the cutting process. For the pin I decided to use a drill, but whats the use of having a hinge if there is no section which can freely swing. so, what tool do I use to cut the plastic without melting it??

so, the only things in my way atm, is getting my mom to buy something online...without ebay, and figuring out how to cut up my megatron without killing him.

edit:what, no one knows how to cut plastic??

2. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I'd do it!! It would rock!!!

Too bad I can't find some CHEAP bootlegs to do this!

:thumb 

3. Sound Blaster

I'd do it!! It would rock!!!

Too bad I can't find some CHEAP bootlegs to do this!

4. Bobby Lemain

I ended up blowing 20 on the soundblaster which is steep in my opinion, but since he's gonna be overhauled anyways it doesn't really bother me. plus, if I can take everything apart I might have a chance of getting a thin coat of gloss black paint over the black plastic to make the body match the head (and spray some red where needed).

5. Bobby Lemain

I ended up blowing 20 on the soundblaster which is steep in my opinion, but since he's gonna be overhauled anyways it doesn't really bother me. plus, if I can take everything apart I might have a chance of getting a thin coat of gloss black paint over the black plastic to make the body match the head (and spray some red where needed).

6. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

just to be fair, 20 bucks for one of the bootlegs jason has isnt bad. I got the perceptor from him and the quality is top notch! The plastic is very thick and put together pretty well and the stickers are damn near perfect.

7. Bumble Prime

just to be fair, 20 bucks for one of the bootlegs jason has isnt bad. I got the perceptor from him and the quality is top notch! The plastic is very thick and put together pretty well and the stickers are damn near perfect.

8. Bobby Lemain

it makes me happy to not have purchased the same figure from "Swimmest Models" for $10 ...with $20 shipping...

9. Bobby Lemain

it makes me happy to not have purchased the same figure from "Swimmest Models" for $10 ...with $20 shipping...

10. Bumble Prime

yeah that guy sucks.......... and he never replies to emails.....

also something that might set your project off, reprolabels offers a gold set for soundblaster. I put em on mine and he looks hawt.

http://www.reprolabels.com/Misc/soundblaster.asp

11. Bumble Prime

yeah that guy sucks.......... and he never replies to emails.....

also something that might set your project off, reprolabels offers a gold set for soundblaster. I put em on mine and he looks hawt.

http://www.reprolabels.com/Misc/soundblaster.asp

12. Bobby Lemain

I didn't buy the soundblaster to serve as a soundblaster, but those are pretty nice stickers...

13. Bobby Lemain

I didn't buy the soundblaster to serve as a soundblaster, but those are pretty nice stickers...

14. Bumble Prime

i realize this but the stickers are basic generic tape recorder stickers. Just stripes and stuff. And also i think the knee cap stickers in the photo you posted are almost identical to the gold set on reprolabels where as the soundwave/blaster ones dont have any gold in them.

15. Bumble Prime

i realize this but the stickers are basic generic tape recorder stickers. Just stripes and stuff. And also i think the knee cap stickers in the photo you posted are almost identical to the gold set on reprolabels where as the soundwave/blaster ones dont have any gold in them.

16. Bobby Lemain

[​IMG]
    yes, but it's the wrong sticker design :(  sadly I'd have to photochop my own stickers.
    the only part that would be of use to me frmo that sticker set would be off his wrists

17. Bobby Lemain

[​IMG]
    yes, but it's the wrong sticker design :(  sadly I'd have to photochop my own stickers.
    the only part that would be of use to me frmo that sticker set would be off his wrists

18. Bumble Prime

hmmmm may be worth a try to commission reprolabels for a set. I know a lot of board members have gotten one run decals done. It would be worth it just to get the factory quality stickers.

oh well, good luck on this custom, i hope to see more of it!

19. Bumble Prime

hmmmm may be worth a try to commission reprolabels for a set. I know a lot of board members have gotten one run decals done. It would be worth it just to get the factory quality stickers.

oh well, good luck on this custom, i hope to see more of it!

20. Sound Blaster

Maybe you can have someone cast a Trailbreaker head for you.

I've cast lots of heads for projects in the past.

This would cut the cost down and save you some money. If you only could get someone that has a complete trailbreaker then cast his head without destroying it you could work it like that.