1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Customs: Idea for cheap custom landing gear

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by dsn1014, Feb 17, 2009.

1. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Just had a thought today as I was looking at a Clipper lighter, that it they may serve as cheap landing gear for people doing aircraft customs. I hope you know the ones I mean.

[​IMG]

Inside the lighter itself there is a slender removeable shaft which holds a changeable flint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The flint provides the friction and spark, so removing that leaves it to spin very freely. The removal is very simple, a quick twist will do it and it all pops out.

[​IMG]

I imagine with some cutting and sanding it would easily fit in a peghole.

[​IMG]

Just a thought for folks, I've not tried it yet myself. There are also smaller mini Clippers for smaller sets and they cost about a dollar/euro.

Attached Files:

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet, I'm going to go try that now.

3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

cool, should it work I'd like to see a couple pics and let me know how it goes :)