I'd like to see the movies edited down to episodes

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nightrain, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I assume someone already has edited crap out of the movies. But I'd like to see an attempt at packaging robot scenes together into one hour or half hour episodes. You could probably create a decent action series out of all the footage while not having the superfluous garbage with Sam and other "haha we're so funny" characters.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

With original 80s narrator introducing each episode....oh yes! In fact I'd love them to do a feature for the directors voice over special feature with an attempt at recreating the voice instead of the director

3. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I actually like this idea

• Like Like x 1
  4. Primus Productions

Primus Productions Defender of the bayverse Veteran

News Credits:
    This. This need's to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Well-Known Member

I thought about doing this for each one but when I sat down to plan it out, it gets tricky taking the humans out completely and still have it make sense. Unless y'all just meant cutting the humans down to bare minumum ie as the story dictates, which would be my goal if I attempted it.

Or did you guys mean making an entirely different story out of the existing footage, cutting the humans out entirely and using the narrator to smooth over the rough spots?

6. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Only if it's fully animated.

7. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

i would love to see a transformers: transformer cut

only include scenes transformers physically appear in (with the exception being optimus prime's opening monologues...also including when they are just background props & inside actual transformers)..i bet it's pretty awesome

8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Honestly, whatever works so that it's not just a bunch of robot footage jankily stitched together. Like I sort of imagined a first episode being

Intro with cube > Blackout flying and destroying the base > Sam buying the car > maybe go right into Barricade? Do we really need the Sam chasing his car stuff? > Autobots land on earth > then end the episode at the cliffhanger of Optimus transforming. Next episode starts with him explaining whatever and go from there.

Just a rough idea.

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Editing them is not too difficult, i did an edit of Transformers 2007 and most of ROTF at one stage so that it focused on the military. The issue is releasing it online so people can watch it. That's the main problem here.

I'd be happy to attempt making them into episodes, but if i did so i'd like to be able to show what i've done for people to enjoy - and thats not really possible with the current silliness of copyright.

10. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually tought of doing animated versions of the films and using the concept art models instead of the finals one, as some of them are really good

they could integrate this idea into a series

11. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NO

• Like Like x 1
  12. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

I could.... Actuallly almost see this working, provoded it was in an hour and not half-hour format,

Of course, commercials would bump it up to like an hour and a half, unless this is hypothetically a netflix special or something.

13. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I wouldn't mind seeing a fan edit of the first one at least. Anyone who can cut out "Sam's happy time" talk will be my hero.

14. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have no problems with humans in TF, just some of the scenes were not needed. For example Sam's mom eating pot brownies and embarrassing him was not needed. There are plenty of other ways to show what Sam was leaving when he went to college without that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    A lot of the human scenes in the series aren't needed. Especially in AOE. Three words: Romero Juliet Law.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Only if they are made as movies first for theatrical release and then edited down for release on television or home media.

I think a lot of the human stuff in 2007 is the stuff that's needed least of all of the human stuff in the movies. The hacker plot is totally not needed. Also, I think Sector 7 is easily the best part of the 2007 human stuff. I prefer Sector 7, Cemetery Wind, and KSI because that stuff is more interconnected to the story of the Transformers. I also prefer Cade and Optimus to Sam and Bumblebee.

The military can go either way I think. I prefer Lennox in 2007 and Epps in the sequels. There are good scenes with the military and NEST here and there, but in some cases they were shown too much at the expense of the Autobots.

I do like that they are bringing Lennox back and making him not certain about who he's working with (TRF). That's probably the best way to bring him back.

17. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I really liked him. In the first character he was such a douche ("She's a criminal." Criminals are hot!") that I couldn't help but love the guy. Then he ends up being a good guy in the following movies. His obsession over Transformers reminds me of the fandom's obsession over Autobots and Decepticons as well as my own over dinosaurs, Transformers, earth history, etc.

And there's nothing wrong with wanting different things in the Transformers movies. I'd say you're correct in saying that I do want the connective tissue with the plot and mythology, but I do want relatable and emotionally appealing human and robot characters, too. However, what is emotionally appealing or relatable varies entirely from person to person, and like I said there's really nothing wrong with that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I think the first film could be left alone. It was actually quite funny without the silliness of the sequels which were trying too hard to be funny and didn't work.

That said I didn't like Simmons who I felt was the first bit of silliness in the movies.

One thing Bay did right with TF 3 and 4 was NOT bringing the awful Leo back.

Definitely think the soldiers running through the buildings in TF 3 was far too drawn out. Bay would actually be much better suited to GI Joe.

In addition the Carly/Sam mush was too overdone. And Brains voice and design was an offence to the senses. The Wreckers voices and dialogue were annoying too.

All the main Transformer villains Megatron, The Fallen, Sentinel, Galvatron and Lockdown were well done.

TF4 would need to br redubbed for me though. While Lockdown worked as a villain, his voice was crap. As were the voices of Crosshairs and Drift.

• Like Like x 1