Iacon One- Souvenir Accessory Set Preview: The Golden Disks

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Free Trader, May 25, 2006.

1. Free Trader

Free Trader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here at Iacon One HQ, people have been asking about the contents of our mysterious convention Souvenir Accessory Set... so, without further delay, here's a special preview of the first two pieces from that set!

Now YOU can play out the battle at home for the ultimate prizes - precious artifacts with the power to change the future, and control the destiny of the universe* - THE GOLDEN DISKS!

Each set includes 2 disks: the 'Voyager' disk and the 'Alien' disk. These exquisitely detailed golden disks are made from REAL METAL (a solid brass alloy,) and scaled for play and display with your favorite 'beast warriors'.

We've teamed up with Unicron.com to produce this extremely limited collector's edition set for Iacon One 2006.... These disks are a must have for any "Beast Wars" fan, and quantities are limited, so don't miss your chance to own this marvel of fan engineering! Order yours today with Iacon One registration.

[​IMG]

And there's more to the set than just the disks, but where would be the fun in revealing ALL our secrets at once?...

[*Disclaimer: disks are collectible toy accessories and do not actually have the power to change the future, or control the destiny of the universe... or DO they?]

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    those are so freakin hawt o___o

3. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Me likey. :D 

4. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Yummy goldens disks, yesss. I have to see what other stuff there is before consdering signing up for the non-attendee package.

5. Free Trader

News Credits:
    If all goes according to current plan on the art prints, I think you'll want that non-attendee pack;) 

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    very cool. I may have to rethink going to this convention...that is if anyone else goes that i could split a room with and all.

7. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    so, what would people like to see as the other parts to this set and what could be in it?

Suggestions...both realistic and far out:
    transmetal 2 driver
    rampage's spark holder
    some sort of spark replica
    Meg's energon blade
    a stasis pod
    Tarantulas' spider drones
    rubber ducky
    chain gun of doom
    new head for rhinox
    rattrap's bombs
    the club Dinobot uses in his final battle
    Energon crystals..in general or to reenact depth charge vs rampage

8. Free Trader

News Credits:
    Someone lend the man a room! :)  (Reminder, our hotel discount is available, space permitting, until June 7.)

We're going to have a great time. Keep watching the web site for more details of activities, schedule, etc... it's all coming together. I had a number of goals in putting this con together - capture some of the spirit of cons in the 90s, after which my enjoyment in going started to wane; throw an anniversary celebration of Beast Wars with some beloved guests, old and new; and, provide a summer fan outlet at a reasonable price for people who might not go to BotCon. So hopefully I'm not the only one that combo appeals to ;) 

(As for the rest of the accessory set, those are all great ideas.. if this year's set is well received, financially, we'll think about some other 'artifacts' in the future.)