Iacon One Guest Update: Artist Don Figueroa to attend!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Free Trader, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Free Trader

Free Trader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Iacon One is excited to announce that fan-favorite Transformers artist DON FIGUEROA has joined our all-star guest lineup at the Fan Event of the Summer!

Most recently, Don pencilled the 4-issue "Beast Wars" mini-series from IDW Publishing, and is currently hard at work on Simon Furman's "Transformers: Stormbringer" mini-series, also for IDW. Past credits include the hit mini-series "The War Within" (for which he created dozens of alternate, 'pre-Earth' designs of familiar Transformers characters) and "Transformers: Generation 1", both for Dreamwave. He has also contributed character design and package art for Hasbro, including helping with the design of the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime Figure, and new character designs for the upcoming "Transformers Classics" line.

Don will be joining writer BOB BUDIANSKY on our comics Q&A panel, signing autographs, and hanging out with the fans, and we're thrilled to have him at Iacon One!

And speaking of Bob...

Chris Ryall, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of IDW Publishing, recently revealed this little tidbit on the IDW discussion forums: "Oh--and keep an eye out for a new Budiansky TF project in October, too... details coming soon."

What is this project, Bob Budiansky's first work on Transformers comics since 1989? Well, we're not spoiling the surprise, but it's a safe bet Bob will be talking about it during our comics Q&A panel, so don't miss it!

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Now, I'm really pissed I can't go. :( 

3. Shepp

Shepp Maverick Hunter

Ebay:
    i agree. its just too far for me to go.

i'd get the set as a non attending registrant, but i can't justify paying $65 until i see what other gifts they have to offer.

i mean, for what they are, i'd probably pay like $20 for just those 2 pieces of metal with shipping on top of that.

it just doesnt seem worth the $65 yet.

but i really want them for BWR-01 primal and megs to hold. (right now they're just holding canadian loonies. from a distance you can't tell the difference)

4. King_Grimlock

King_Grimlock Well-Known Member

Are there any TF artists showing up that do sketches?

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    if i could justify the price for flying there i'd do some sketches for ya xD

hehe

but seriously, im sure if you asked nicely Don'd sketch you somethin