I yelled at people in the theater :D

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mister Gone, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

That's just a tad elitist. Don't you think?

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    While my first DotM screening went well, the douchebag two seats down from me kept getting on his cell phone. Good thing his screen was dim otherwise I woulda had a real problem. About 3 weeks ago I had to scare the shit out of a 12 year old girl down towards the front of the theater during Pirates 4. I grabbed her seat from behind and tilted it back quickly and told her if "I see the phone again, I'm taking it."

My 2nd viewing of DotM yesterday involved an old lady and her 2 young grandchildren the row behind me and a few seats to the left. They insisted on adding their own running commentary to the movie.

Some people are so fucking oblivious to others.

3. TheSCATTORSHOT

TheSCATTORSHOT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

4. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Do you cheer watching sports?

5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Not if the quarterback regularly delivers several lines of dialog that decides the outcome of the game but only if the crowd hears it.

6. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

Question: How could other people's simple clapping stop you from being able to hear anything in IMAX? Your theater must have the cheapest, crappiest sound system available to play IMAX movies. An actual lion could roar in one of our theaters and I wouldn't be able to hear much of it over the awesome sound systems that we have. I doubt it warranted a yelling tantrum.

7. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:

If you think turning around and stating a single sentence in a firm and elevated voice is a "yelling tantrum", you should not reproduce. An actual yelling tantrum would probably reduce you to tears.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Running commentary? Some smart-mouth janitor and his two robot pals in the front right cast a shadow on the screen and yapped the whole time! :( 

9. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    It's a graphic novel, Joel!

10. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

You missed the point. You implied that anyone who class when excited, possibly has a neurological disorder. My point is, no, they don't. The purpose of all entertainment, is to evoke emotions. Each person reacts a little differently to these emotions. You put people in a crowd, these emotions tend to amplify. As a result, little outbursts happen. This is all part of the experience. If you don't enjoy that, I kindly suggest you avoid viewing your entertainment in a crowd setting.

A true disruption, would be something counter to the mood created by the entertainment.

11. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

He can't any more. He's a pile of rust in a car park waiting to be recycled by a WALL.E unit.

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I can see those bastards in my dreams.

[​IMG]

13. toxinom

toxinom Megatron Supremacist

Doesn't involve DOTM, But on my second viewing of ROTF towards the end of the final battle a kid who looked to be about 3-5 was dancing in the aisle. The entire family was gone before Optimus even finished his narration.

14. ironskull08

ironskull08 WoW addict and Transformers fan

oh, god, people weren't just clapping, they were screaming and someone kept yelling to distract everyone, he soon got kicked out of the theater

15. AutobotMaximal

Over-react much? I highly doubt I'll need to be taking advice on reproduction from a guy who yells at people he doesn't know in public. Thanks.

16. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    No I implied that if you can't control your impulse to clap, then you have a neurological disorder.

I don't the the words you are using mean what you think they mean.

17. AutobotMaximal

Here are some simpler words so that you can understand. You appear to be an uptight and self-centered smartass. Try to chill out a little.

18. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Better than a lazy, disrespectful, dumb-ass eh? Keep the personal attacks to a minimum, yes?

19. AutobotMaximal

I would take someone telling me not to reproduce as the initial "personal attack". Besides, you don't know anything about me to know if I'm lazy or what. You, on the other hand, have proven that you over-react to a lot of things; not the first of which was me commenting that you should have been able to hear the movie even when other people were clapping. Thanks for replying to the subject at hand though.

20. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    You folks really need to learn to read complete sentences/paragraphs. Some parts may be your favorites, but the other parts are important too.

What I said that if you consider one sentence a "yelling tantrum" then having children, who throw actual yelling tantrums, might be a bad idea as this actual tantrum may shock you to your very core.

See what I did is take your exaggeration of what I did and created a situation where that exaggeration would actual be a negative your lifestyle (depending on if you want kids or not, etc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.