I wouldn't doubt it that Aliens built the pyramids

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

How come links to Youtube sometimes come up as regular text links, and sometimes come up as actual videos? Is it anything to do with aliens?

3. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Clearly it is tachyon interference.

4. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
  5. Optimus Sledge

Clearly the Bajoran Orb of Time is responsible.

6. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I've just been Sledge'd.

edit: What the hell is a Bajoran Orb of Time?

7. Optimus Sledge

8. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
  9. Lintson

Lintson Active Member

Rubbish it was the Pearl of Bahoudin!

10. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

You must be bullshitting me. Look at our planet how far it has come since it's creation 4.6 billion years ago. Look how it was able to support life and still can and it even managed to produce sentient beings like ourselves. If our planet could do it, why can't other planets?

Maybe alien civilizations are either

A) Sentient but not as advanced as us, yet.
    B) They have managed to invent another form of communication like how we broadcast our radio and thieir technology cannot pick up our radio signals and vice-versa.
    C) Maybe they see us as a primitive species and simply don't want to bother with us at all.
    D) They have found another form of energy that cannot be detected by our technology and vice-versa.

Just as some say I am claiming Bullshit on archeologists' hard work and study (Which I'm not) you're claiming BS on years apon years of research and dedicated time to this subject. Why is it so hard for you to believe that there are aliens out there? Have you ever once sat down late at night in an open area and look at the stars, wondering if other life is out there and they're thinking the same thing you are?

Since you keep asking me to "prove" that sentient life exist, how about I turn the tables and ask you in return? Prove it that sentient life doesn't exist. All this evidence that you stated, like mine, are still theories just like mine.

11. Optimus Sledge

I think you'll find it's the other way round.
    Who knows? All we know so far is that there's no sign they have. And we've been looking.
    So an alien civilisation not as advanced as us built the pyramids thousands of years ago. Bwuh?
    Ah, so you're inventing yet ANOTHER unsubstantiated piece of bollocks?
    Apart from building pyramids. Bwuh?
    See response to B.
    Yes. Yes I am. It's bullshit, bollocks, arse gravy of the highest order. Years of people looking desperately for proof of intelligent alien life visiting the Earth has resulted in nothing. Zip. The big goose egg.
    Why is it so hard for you to believe that I can fly?
    What does that have to do with anything?
    I really want to call you several highly insulting things at this moment. You expect us to wade through articles that you haven't even read yourself, and ignore anything anyone says in return. That is exceptionally rude.

I don't know whether you didn't read the link to The burden of proof I posted earlier, or if you just didn't understand it. The burden of proof is on you to support your claims. You are claiming that something has happened. Prove it. It isn't up to me to prove that you're talking rubbish, it's up to you to support what you say.

12. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Actually easier and better than a compass. If you get out any decent survival guide, or a Boy Scout Handbook you'll know the way. On a sunny day you take a decently long straight stick and put it into the ground so that it casts a shadow. At regular intervals you mark where the end of the shadow is. The shadow marking that is the shortest points North in the Northern Hemisphere (and consequently South in the Southern Hemisphere). This works anywhere you can get a good strong shadow. If you have a long enough pole to get a good baseline you could extend that line quite a way, and then the next day put a series of sticks on your line to double check it.

To get it square is equally easy. Take a length of rope. Tie 13 knots equally spaced into the rope. Use the knots to make a 3/4/5 right triangle (3 units on the first side, 4 units on the second side, 5 units on the third side). As long as your knots are equidistant the power of geometry will give you a 90 degree angle. Perfectly square and oriented with nothing but sticks and ropes... no GPS, no lasers, not even any optics.

Cutting stone is not that hard of a task. (Hard! Get it?) A hammer and chisel will get you a long way. First of all, much of the core of the pyramids are a rough stone with the gaps filled with rubble and gravel. Only the outer courses were well cut. On top of that it isn't as if you would need to mine the stones square. You could cut out mostly square stone at the quarry, and move it to an intermediate location to finish the stone. Using the same 3/4/5 rope as before you get the stone square. To get it finished flat and smooth you take fine sand and water to make a slurry, rub that slurry against the stone and voila you've got mystically smooth stone.

13. Tyrannosaur

1. I didn't said I beleived they built the pyramids, so get your facts straight. I said it was possible not the truth. Disregard everything about ancient alien contact and read those again. if you're having trouble understanding the concept of primitive aliens, watch the discovery channel special "Alien Planet"
    2. What do I look like, a five year old? No shit you can't fly you're a fucking human not a pteranodon. You're comparing a well known fact to a theory.
    3. Despite how big our galaxy is and how big the universe is you still deny that aliens do exist. Despite the Roswell Crash and Area 51, the Pheonix Lights etc. all these alien abductions, mutilated cow carcasses with no explanation how or why they we're killed in such a manner, crop circles, the Nazca lines etc.
    4. If you claim bullshit, how did all this alien stuff start in the first place? We live in a world full of all these religions who follow these mythical figures. God, Buddah etc. what makes the theory of sentient life in our universe so unrealistic?
    5. You still haven't shown me any proof why aliens don't exist, all you did was state your opinion which is the same as the very few people out there who don't believe in aliens.
    6. One measily planet in this universe managed to create sentient life through the process of evolution, but none of the other trillions apon trillions of planets can't? Bullshit. Like I said, we are proof a planet can produce intelligent life. Compare yourself to our planet, then compare our planet our universe.
    6.5 Maybe we are the only sentient beings in this universe, but what about the other universes(I believe it is called a Multiverse)? There's a theory that our universe was spawned from a previous universe that collapsed, maybe there was intelligent life in that one.
    7. The bacteria fossils on mars, I never mentioned them being intelligent in my post, it was just a little back up for those who think alien life doesn't exist at all, sentient or not.

I'll believe what I want to believe. And I believe aliens are real, have and still are observing us and our culture. Ill go my seperate way you go yours. But ask yourself this like I have done myself, what if you are wrong? We will find out the truth that day, and I'm sure whoever is right in this argument will rub it in the loser's face hahaha.

14. Optimus Sledge

Good, we're making progress.
    I take that back. :rolleyes: 
    What possible relevance can primitive aliens have to this discussion? You asked us "Do you think ancient civilizations may have come into contact with aliens?" Now you're shifting the goalposts. Or are you suggesting the Egyptians went into space and landed on the planet of these primitive aliens?
    Prove I can't fly. You want me to disprove your babbling bullcrap about aliens, you disprove my ability to fly.
    What part of "Yes, I dispute aliens exist" are you having trouble understanding? You keep asking this question as if I'm eventually going to say "You caught me. I actually believe all the crap you do, I was just trying to wind you up." Everything you're citing is not just rubbish, it's old rubbish. It's been disproved. You can Google all the reasons it's horse shit. Penn & Teller did a Bullshit! episode on it. There's no proof for any of it. Let it go and move on.
    Careful, religious discussion is a no-no around these parts. With that in mind: I've not said the idea there is other sentient life in the universe is unrealistic, I've said there's no proof for it.
    You still haven't read the article on burden of proof. Go away and do so.
    Proof. Proof proof proof proof proof. That one little word to you is like garlic to a vampire.
    So what? It's still not here now, is it? And for that matter, please stop throwing in other unsubstantiated ideas to back up your original unsubstantiated claim.
    So it was totally irrelevant. Thank you for at least acknowledging that.
    Yes, that's the sad thing. You'll wander around clinging to unfounded beliefs and totally miss the beauty that is found in reality. I can only hope you'll grow out of it.
    And yet you can't cite a single piece of proof for this belief. I suppose this is where you and I differ: in your position, I'd be seriously considering the possiblity that I was wrong.
    It's impossible that I'm wrong. I've said there's no evidence that intelligent alien life exists. If evidence for it emerges in the future, that won't change the fact it doesn't exist now.
    How very childish. So this all comes down to, not an attempt to understand the world, but your hope that you've figured out something the rest of us haven't. Good grief.

15. Tyrannosaur

Take your burden of proof and shove it up your ass untill it reaches that thick god damn head of yours. I'm fucking done here. Why is it that every board I go to I have to deal with jerks like you?

You turned a topic which was made just to discuss my ideas and you turned it into a fucking warzone and made me look like an idiot. I have my opinions and ideas. Don't like it, screw off.

Oh and BTW fuck Lord Chumley that fat piece of pointless animation.

Can the mods just delete this thread? I really don't feel like talking about this anymore and don't want to get an infraction.

16. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    1)How very mature.

2)I think you did that yourself.

3)Leaving in style!

17. Tyrannosaur

Just because I have an opinion on something that makes me look like an idiot? Bite me.

18. Tyrannosaur

May I also add Optimus Sledge that the burden of proof also applies to you, not just me. You still haven't showed me proof why aliens don't exist. Quit hiding behind it you're theory isn't correct either. Just because we haven't found aliens yet, does that mean we should just stop searching and label them non-existent? Ok a few planets have been checked, nothing. A few trillion more to go.

19. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

....comic relief? :) 

Absolutely. You only have to watch docos on the 'Valley Of The Kings' to see that. Just amazing.

20. Optimus Sledge

You really have a problem with burden of proof. Why? It's how rational debate works. As an extreme example, consider the justice system: the police are required to gather evidence to prove someone did something before a prosecution will be considered. The burden of proof lies on the people saying something happened, not the guy who said it didn't.
    We are discussing your ideas. It turns out you haven't looked into them very well. I presume by that what you wanted wasn't actually a discussion, but everyone agreeing with you.
    Yeah! Bloody stupid cartoons! Who wants to talk about them anyway?
    I'm guessing it's a little late for that. To be honest, I find your outburst funny. It's the typical reaction I'd expect from someone discovering their beliefs don't stand up to rational scrutiny. Can't guarantee the mods will take it the same way.

Besides, why delete this thread because you can't have a discussion in a civilised manner? I hope this thread doesn't get deleted. I'd hate to think that anyone can have proof that they've acted in a silly manner removed just because they toss a couple of insults around.

Now, if you'd like to discuss your ideas, we can do so. Let's start with your proof for intelligent alien life existing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.