I would like to sit down and talk to DC about a Justice League movie.....

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by PRIMEMAN3457, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I feel conflicted about this. One one hand, Joss Whedon is a great writer who's efforts on Avengers have earned him some seriously deserved cred. On the other, the way he writes female protagonists, like Buffy and River, do not gel in any meaningful way (that I can comprehend) with Wonder Woman.

Otherwise, you're so spot on the money it hurts.....and that makes me sad :( 

2. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I have an idea for an Easter egg or after credits scene for Man of Steel. Show a news report that talks about the disappearance of Steve Trevor to announce the Wonder Woman movie.

3. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    All of this. This. This is correct.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That would be amazing if that happened. If Wheadon ever got around to doing Wonder Woman he'd have Cobie Smulders play her....anyone think it would work at all or do you think he just picked her cuz she's hot?

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    In Joss's eyes its probably a combination of both since its impossible to ignore that one facet of Wonder Woman is that she's supposed to be the most beautiful woman on Earth. However the hard part of casting her is that while she and Superman are basically equal in strength, how they use it are utterly different.

Superman's a brawler, and not a very good one at that. Wonder Woman on the other hand is at the very least expertly trained in Wrestling, and Pankretion (if you think MMA was hardcore, look that shit up) and basically any weapon that the ancient Greeks would care to trot out. As a result I find her fighting needs to look more visceral.

So you find yourself in the unenviable position of trying to find an Actress who is at least 6 feet tall, reasonably muscular, beautiful and capable of switching between benevelont counsel and violent (occasionaly lethal) figher in a heartbeat and making it look good. Plus her costume, iconic as it is, will need modernised or altered for the screen. This is still the best one I've seen around:

[​IMG]

The 'stars' of current design are replaced with suns and the bathing suit style changed to resemble a leather jerkin (though I'd throw on some spaulders to stop the jerkin looking like a singlet top) with brass decoration and a old style sort of war skirt.

In short, they need to pack away the Nolon-esque approach. Bringing DC's heroes more down to Earth will just make them dull; the fantastic and almost whimsical nature of the universe will need to be embraced. Otherwise we'll just end up with more Green Lanterns.

6. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    Now this would be interesting.
    I honestly hope they get a director attached to Wonder Woman at a time in which a post-credit scene for MOS can be made by the director of Wonder Woman (like how Joss Whedon made the post-credit scene for Thor), unless if Snyder has a post-credit scene planned by himself.
    I can still kinda imagine Green Lantern 2 being after MOS, whether it's right after or after a movie that's after MOS.

7. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

I have an interesting idea for an after credits scene for man of steel

police officer is sitting in his car near an empty highway with his speedmeter gun, all of a sudden a red blur just whips past him and the speedmeter in his hand is lit on fire. he radios in to his superiors saying that something just happened, they ask him what and he says "I don't know, it was fast, it was red, it just happened in a flash really."

8. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    This idea seems a bit...forced.
    All it would be if this happened is just some cops seeing a guy running.
    Yeah, we would know that The Flash is around, but why?
    I would want a post-credit scene that ties into some superhero in a way that relates to a story, whether it involves plot elements or characters from MOS.

9. Rusty24

I have an idea for the teaser poster for the Flash movie. It would show a long road with a man in a red jacket all the way at the end so that he is barely visible but you can still make out what it is. Show some dust and a tree blowing in the direction the Flash was running and have the Flash logo in the sky. The Flash logo would appear in storm clouds and a flash of lightning would be the bolt.

10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If that happens than Neil Patrick Harris can be cast as Aquaman.

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks like a good 'realistic' version of WW's outfit. The strapless bathing suit she normally wears would be hard to take serious.

12. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Ya know, I was thinking about this the other day. I personally would like to see WB get Brad Bird to helm a CG JLA movie instead of live-action and set it in its own continuity. Get Conroy, Daly, Eisenberg, etc. back to do the voices.

13. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I would honestly like to see a CG JA Cinematic Universe created from the guys that made some of the animated TV shows and animated films. With WB making a deal with a animation company to produce individual animated films for the JA members and then have what could be the biggest and one of the greatest CG films of all time.
    Plus, it would be easier with casting since they could get the best voices of the characters together to do it.
    Sadly, studios seem more interested in live-action, while we still need more mature animated films.....(and a sequel to 9 and The Incredibles).

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Dude, the guy that makes these manipulated images is fucking AMAZING:

All this and more, available here: Characters « Fan Art Exhibit

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

[​IMG]

16. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Man, Kristen Bell as Super Girl in that link. BONER ACHIEVED.

Oh yeah, and the rest are pretty sweet too.

But who's the other blonde chick as Super Girl in your post, Gordon?

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    According to the artist, its a lass named Amber Heard. Bear in mind these are photomanips, not costumed art.

But fuck me sideways, he makes it WORK. That costume he superimposed over Ryan Reynolds, a million times better than that glowing abomination he was actually in.

[​IMG]

This isn't the finest work he's ever done, but there's a stunning amount of versimilitude in the three of them standing there together. No one looks out of place, just different. I would have watched this, a thousand times over.

18. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I like these costume designs, though I'm not a big fan of that Green Lantern design.

19. Rusty24

Holy crap! All those costume designs are better than the ones we've gotten in the movies.

The Superman suit in Man of Steel looks ok, but this looks much better.

That Green Lantern suit is easily a thousand times better than the one we got in the movie. First, there was more black in this suit while the movie's suit was
    just green with a slightly darker green. It also looks more realistic somehow
    even though the movie had a larger budget. This suit is also more armor-like and I like that.

The Supergirl suit is simple, but it works so well.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    YES!