I would like to sit down and talk to DC about a Justice League movie.....

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by PRIMEMAN3457, Jun 18, 2012.

1. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I think that Batman/Superman Crossover (canceled because of I Am Legend) could've been a bit more successful then a JA film, knowing that Batman and Superman are the big names as many of you guys said.
    Also, I haven't seen John Carter, so I can't say if Lynn Collins is good for me or not. I would give Gina Carano a chance at Wonder Woman if they choose her.

Green Lantern's movie was average to me. I didn't even bother seeing it in theaters. I still want to see what Warner Bros. does when they make another GL movie.

Honestly, though, knowing how the general audience is these days, it would be a bit hard to get people interested in Aquaman. I would see an Aquaman movie, but I think the production team would need to do a lot of work to get audience interested in a character that our modern society would think of as "lame". I'm not calling him lame, but I fear that the general audience (AKA those that are only interested in the big-name heroes) could.

I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned Lobo yet. I recall seeing information on a Lobo movie when they announced that Man Of Steel would be part of the JA Universe.

2. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I've seen Gina mentioned a few times for Wonder Woman, but after seeing Haywire, I don't think she has the acting chops. She'd be wonderful at the fight scenes, but she'd need some major acting lessons, and even then, it could be iffy. Ironically, her voice actually sounds quite a bit like Susan Eisenberg, who voiced Wonder Woman in the JL/JLU 'toons.

I kinda like Lobo, but more as a guest-star/supporting character. So I'm not sure how he'll do in his solo movie. I thought he was great in S:TAS and JLU, though. Also, since he's not well known, I'm afraid they'd change just about everything about the character.

3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I think Aquaman should be saved for the second movie like how Antman wasn't in the first Avengers movie.

Personnally, I think one of Green Lantern's bigget problems was that Parallax wasn't very interesting as a villain. He wasn't interesting dialogue-wise like The Joker or Lex Luthor and he didn't have an epic fight scene. Clearly they didn't learn from Rise of the Silver Surfer that cloud villains aren't interesting. I don't know why Hector Hammond was in the movie. I get that he is like a herald to Parallax, but I don't understand why they didn't have another Green Lantern be possessed by Parallax. For those that don't know, Parallax was originally Hal Jordan after his home town was destroyed and he killed most of the guardians. Later they revealed that he was just under the control of Parallax. Still Parallax was way better in the comics and using him and defeating him the first movie is the equivalent of having Unicron in the first Transformers movie and defeated in three minutes. Come to think of it, why was Parallax in this too?

4. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I really hope the Batman reboot film is the last before JA.
    I mean, think about this:

When I first started this thread, I said there should be a 4-5 year range between TDKR and the reboot film, because that's how it was with Spiderman and Hulk.
    After the 4-5 years is done, it'll be about 2016 or 2017, so I hope Batman's reboot film comes out around that time. Then have the JA movie after, but during the wait for a Batman reboot, introduce the other JA members and make another GL film.

5. Rusty24

The Batman reboot must happen before the Justice League movie. It doesn't have to be an origin story, but they need to introduce the Batman that exists in the JLA universe so the audience doesn't think they just recasted the Nolanverse Batman
    (assuming he doesn't die in TDKR)

6. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who disliked Hector?

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Parralax's I feal your fear growing speech to Hal is worth the movie to me.

8. Rusty24

He isn't my favorite Green Lantern villain and I thought he was one of the worst and most unnecessary parts of the movie.

I did like that scene just because it showed Parallax as ruthless and a true entity of fear.

9. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Hector was ugly and no one loved him. Fitting.

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Only way for a team crossover to work at WB/DC is having a World's Finest film adaptation. GL has shown us that, outside of Bats and Supes those people at the studio have no freaking clue how to make an superhero movie. Right now there's a lot of bravados and chest-thumping going on at WB because 1) Marvel is beating them at their own game by having the highest grossing superhero movie in history 2) WB shareholders are no doubt demanding it in the wake of their most successful franchises coming to an end, ie Harry Potter and Nolan Batman.

But I can assure you it's not as easy as you may think to make another Avengers movie. WB has not shown the ability to keep the cost down. A Flash or WW origin movie will most likely cost north of $200 mil and tremedous pressure to make tons of money right out of the gate and critical acclaim to rival that of oscar film. Look failures at box office can squash talks of sequels like SR and GL. As soon as WW flops at box office you won't hear talks of JL movie ever again, if we get a WW movie at all.

11. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Or even at the very least do Brave & The Bold as a series of movies featuring Batman and another DC hero in each one. That way WB can keep their precious Bat-cashcow in the spotlight AND introduce new potential DC franchises in a more viable way IMO than just scrambling to keep up with Marvel at the box office and acting like 'oh ho, seriously, we really do have a plan, folks - really we do! We're not kidding this time! No, sir!'.

12. Rusty24

I've noticed that WB has some big problems with budgeting. Green Lantern had a budget of at least
    250 million dollars and it still had some iffy CGI and it didn't look as expensive as the first Iron Man
    movie (which was made three years earlier and had a budget of 140 to 145 million dollars). They really need someone who can keep the budget lower and they shouldn't go too big with the first movie for the individual movies.

I'd say that WB needs these movies to be successful very soon. Harry Potter is done and Nolan's Batman movies are ending this year. They have the two Hobbit movies for this year and 2013, but they don't have much else. If they don't get a DC cinematic universe to work, then they will have to try and find something else to adapt or come with original ideas (not necessarily a bad thing, but we all know how that goes over in Hollywood with the exception of Inception).

13. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    This

14. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    That would be cool for them to do with Brave and the Bold.

15. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Hayley Atwell (Captain America) could play Wonder Woman well in my opinion.

16. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Here's how I think it should go:

Man of Steel => Legend of the Dark Knight=> World's Finest=> Wonder Woman=> Trinity=> Justice League.

This would allow ample time for the movies to set their own rules, themes and settings.

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Personally I think they should try a cgi one with famous voice actors from the cartoons like I posted at the beginning of this thread to test the waters.

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I would say at this point the time for testing the waters is over. Avengers has proved that the superhero team up concept is viable in live action. WB/DC are either gonna play the game, or they aren't.

Personally, I hope they do.

19. Rusty24

She has the right look and personality that I think she could pull it off. I'd also like to see Lynn Collins, Gina Carano, or Evangeline Lilly in the role too. One person who I do see a lot in fancasts that I don't want to see is Jessica Biel. Yes she looks hot and looks similar, but she is one of my least favorite actresses. Every movie I have seen her in was even worse because of her. I've seen her in movies surrounded by lots of great actors and she had terrible line delivery.

20. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    But no Julia Voth Right?