I would like to sit down and talk to DC about a Justice League movie.....

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by PRIMEMAN3457, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

That is sad.

That's another thing that drives me crazy -- why the hell isn't Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, etc. on Disney XD? I would watch the hell outta those shows if they were on that channel. I know Gargoyles is (or was) on there -- I watched the whole series through, and it was as awesome as I remember.

Yeah, I realize that, but it still seems, well, embarrassing for a company that is owned by the House that Mickey built, to have such piss poor animation. Too be fair, I've enjoyed some of the Avengers, but that animation is just terrible and doesn't even come close to Young Justice or ThunderCats.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why not? You have a character who realizes he can push himself as fast as his brain can process, be it at the cost of his body not being able to physically keep up. He of course hides this from his enemies & uses it sparingly, and much like Batman, works with body tech & whatnot because its simply the sensible thing to do.

Superman can do extraordinary things, little is known about Wonder Woman, and Arrow is just that damn good. :D 

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Disney isn't really an animation company anymore, it's a corporation run by people who don't understand their own audience. They sell their product on name value based on previous successes and buy other more profitably companies, and have them make sequels to their previous properties and make little innovations. This is run by board and committies so you get bland product.

Heck if Disney had been responsible for the Marvel movies they would have been crap. Marvel got a loan and planned Ironman- Avengers. When Iron Man was and so on were successful, Disney bought Marvel. The reason Mavel movies worked is they prodeced in house by people who actually cared about the characters. (Who for some reason can't write the current comics worth a crap, yet seem to be able to understand them for movies)

4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Eh, if it happens, it happens. Not much else any of us can really say that matters other than that.

5. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    Well guys, it appears that we may get that continuity to start being formed in Man Of Steel
    Man of Steel To Spearhead Shared Universe Leading To Justice League Movie Starring Superman Henry Cavill - Cosmic Book News

6. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    Let's hope Disney doesn't destroy the Marvel Cinematic Universe then.

7. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    As much as it would be easier (since we would just need one more Batman film or a reference to Batman in a different film) and cool, since we already seen villains for Batman, and no one knows what happened to Joker (unless his faith is explained in TDKR), there are a few things on why it wouldn't work.
    First off, ALL of the films would need to match the ratings and expectations that Nolan did with Batman. That's a bit hard. Marvel is one thing, but I can't see DC being as superior as Marvel after GL and Superman Returns.

The big reason why it wouldn't work is because in Nolan's universe, there wasn't any hints of elements involving superpowers or aliens or anything. Sure, they took a real city and made it Gotham City, which is one thing, but the Nolan series is too realistic and dramatic to be in JA universe. Comparing the realism it had to the realism of other DC films, it'll be no contest. Nolan's films would be way too realistic. So realistic that not even characters in Nolan's films would believe in such things like the Green Lantern Corps. Plus, because of how real the films seemed, it demonstrates too much realism to the point when it says anyone could try to be like the Joker right now, and anyone could try to be like Bane right now. Anyone could be like Batman right now. Anyone could be like any of Nolan's characters right now.

(Before I go on, I have to add spoiler tags in case if events that are predicted to happen really do happen....)
    Plus, if
    Bane really breaks Batman's back in TDKR, then how could we see Bruce Wayne return as Batman for the JA.

And for the 2nd or 3rd time in this tread, Nolan confirmed his films are not in JA.

8. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I agree with you about Green Lantern. As long as they don't make a film that reintroduces everything and mentions nothing about JA or anything related, I'll be happy. I would also like for them to keep the same actors for the other Lanterns.

9. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Oh yes, because Two-Face was so realistic. I'm sure I could become scarred like that and turn into a psychotic murderer. Nolan's Batman films are more grounded in reality, I will grant you that, however that does not preclude them ever being included in a JA Universe if the higher ups decide, screw what Nolan said, these are part of our continuity.

And incidentally, even if your spoiler is true in the film, that doesn't mean the injury would be permanent. With proper surgeries and the like anyone can heal from such an injury.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    The tonal shift would be way too jarring. They made so much fucking hay out of Batman's suit, his car and everything else being so god damned realistic that for Superman to suddenly show up and go 'Sup Batman' would just break the narative over its knee.

And I've got news for you, if you want to make a movie about characters like the Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Superman and The Flash, you'd better be prepared to get that willing suspension of disbelief and engage in some acceptable breaks from reality. Especially Nolanverse level realism, I don't want that shit in Man of Steel and I sure as hell don't want its dreary cloud knocking around if and when they manage to get up to Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman.

11. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

You mean like what happened between Tim Burton's Batman/Batman Returns Tone and the lesser loved Batman Forever/Batman & Robin Tone? Yeah, so the tonal shift might be way too jarring... Although if Superman ever said 'Sup Batman' I'd just about piss myself launghing. I don't think he'd ever be that familiar with Bruce or Pop Culture.

12. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I love Nolan's Batman, but he's just not right for the Justice League. Nolan's Batman is more flawed; makes more mistakes. For JLA, we need that brilliant tactician, the man with a plan for just about everything, the Batman that would pull a small green ring from his belt, in the off chance he may have to take down a certain Kryptonian. We need comic-book Batman.

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    As long as everyone else gets comic flavoured awesome, count me the FUCK in for that.

14. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Heh, as much as I love when Bat-god has put the smack down on the whole League, I don't want the "Batman show." I want the whole League to be awesome; from Superman to Aquaman. Every character deserves their moment to shine.

15. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    This.
    We need Comic-Book Batman when the film series is rebooted.

16. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    Okay, Two-Face (and probably Bane) are a different story.
    And yes, Healing an injury is a slow process, but still a process of healing.
    The only way I can see Nolan's films being thrown into the JA Universe, no matter what Nolan says, is if anything from his films are mentioned in Man Of Steel or in a different film that's part of the JA universe. Or if Nolan himself put something in TDKR, but that's very unlikely.
    If Nolan's films are mentioned in a film that ties into JA, then that basically overrides what Nolan said.

17. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

I disagree with this, undiluted comic book flavored characters especially jobber aura Batman may be what the inner comic nerd in all of may want but I thinks it's all wrong for cinematic universe that is trying to appeal to the general audience

18. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    The reason why I like the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe more then Nolan's Batman films is because they're supposed to be Comic Book films, right? Well, the Marvel films felt more like how they did in the comics. They actually felt like Comic Book films.

Nolan's Batman films seem realistic, which is the interesting thing I like about his films, but too realistic to be in a Cinematic Universe mixed with aliens and people with superpowers.

19. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Eh, I kind of get what you're saying. The re-booted Batman should be closer to his comicbook counterpart, but still work on the silver screen. Personally, I feel the Arkham Asylum/City Batman, in both looks and execution, is the perfect middle-ground between Nolan's more "realistic" Batman and the comicbook Batman.

I could totally see the Arkham Batman next to Henry Cavill's Superman. :cool: 

20. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I like this idea.

The only thing I would have fears on if this happened, with the Arkham Asylum/City Batman entering the big screen, is who would portray the Dark Knight.

Now I just got to think of a way they could get that Batman into a JA universe.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....