I wish they would finish the movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimusprime42, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Essentially, with how convoluted, inconsistent and overwritten the backstory and mythology had become, they essentially wrote themselves into a corner.

2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish they wouldn't [finish the movies]!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I mean they always could have John Barber write a comic based finale for the Bayverse to tie in to the next live-action feature film since trying to do anything prequel related with it...will probably get retconned by the final version like what happened with his Bumblebee spy mini-series, at least then you can wrap it up and still have something to tie in with "the movies"....think of it as killing two birds with one stone.

4. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There can only be one.

If you want to know what happens, just watch the 1986 animated film, but imagine all the characters that should be dead are replaced with some new character based on a racial stereotype. And whenever the film gets too good for Bayverse, imagine it's not that good.

5. JonzyYT

JonzyYT Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That would be a great way to end the series ngl.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    This is the only correct answer

• Like Like x 3
  7. Galvatross

Galvatross What ogres do in life Shrekos in eternity. Veteran

You know, I would love it if the order of the films was reversed, and the first trilogy of the Bayverse featured Quintessons and Galvatron and Unicron and Knights and the Pathetic Dirty Foursome and French Hot Rod and Lockdown, and those were the films that introduced the world to live action Transformers. And then the films continue past the first trilogy after the finale with Unicron or the Quints or whatever. Then the Witwickies and N.E.S.T. and Sideswipe and the Fallen and the Twins and Sentinel and Ironhide come along, and all of a sudden the fans introduced to the films via the first trilogy complain that these new movies suck, and that the "Knight/Extinction" trilogy that many pre-existing Transformers fans complained about had been so much better! And that the new movies should be declared non-canonical!

It would be entertaining, that's for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Am I reading this wrong or are you throwing your hat in the ring to direct Transformers 6?

Because if you’re reading this Paramount I’m in my third year of film school and ABSOLUTELY READY to take on this $200 million dollar investment for you. I will admit I’ve never worked with someone else’s money before and I wouldn’t know what to do with a fifth of a billion dollars in the first place but what I can guarantee you is that I have ZERO ARTISTIC INTEGRITY. Yes, you read that right, none whatsoever I will make YOUR movie the way YOU want it made. Every note will make it into the final product you will receive NO pushback from me. Is this the time to set up your shared Furbees/Transformers Cinematic Universe? I will give a Furbee a machine gun and set him on Optimus Primes shoulder like Rocket Raccoon. I will be the Ron Howard you never know you needed and for a fraction of the price. My business EMail is

• Like Like x 1
  9. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Considering the movies started me on the Transformers train, if The Last Knight was the second Transformers movie, alternate universe me would’ve never gotten into Transformers. That’s how awful I think it is.

• Like Like x 3
  10. xDOTMShockwave

xDOTMShockwave Banned

Exactly. The first trilogy was sooo much more interesting. I’ll never understand people who day AOE,TLK were the same movies as the first trilogy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Galvatross

Do you remember internet fan and critical reaction to Revenge of the Fallen? I do. It was very, very negative. I enjoyed RotF, more than TLK I would say, but the difference in quality between the two is minimal. RotF didn't have any more depth to it than TLK. The characters in it weren't any deeper or less cartoon-like.

In fact, TLK and RotF are very, very similar. BOTH have too many characters, both robot and human. Both have the human protagonist as a "chosen one" type character. Both have Optimus Prime gone from most of the film. Both have evil Primes with crazy abilities and Egyptian motifs who don't get much to them as characters as the main villains. Both the 2007 Autobots and AoE Autobots disappear from most of the movie in favor of new robots. Both have Megatron suddenly be second-in-command after being their own masters in their predecessor. Both involve McGuffin chases around the world. Etcetera.

I'm not saying fans can't have a preference for one over the other. I just don't think that, when you break them both down or look at them as actual products, there is this great gulf in quality between these different over-the-top popcorn flicks with cartoon-like characters made to sell robot toys. RotF might do some things better, and TLK might do some other things better, but in the grand scheme of things, these movies are about the same level, and I say that as someone who enjoys RotF more than TLK.

I will say that Revenge of the Fallen is undoubtedly more rooted in its predecessor than The Last Knight is. So as a sequel, I would say RotF is the better film, but as overall films, I would put them on the same level.

"Interesting" is entirely subjective. What's "interesting" to one person may not be to another.

Yeah, the first trilogy has some things I find interesting, like Jetfire, Megatron's decline, Sentinel Prime, and the Space Race conspiracy in DotM...but AoE/TLK have some things just as interesting as the OT, and in some cases more so for me personally.

Lockdown is the most interesting antagonist in the films to me, and one of the most interesting characters in the brand in my opinion.

Transformium is one of the most interesting concepts in the brand I find. The fact that they even attempted exploring what Transformers were made of at all is admirable.

The AoE Autobots, who are a bunch of antisocial outlaws, yet are quite different from each other in their cores, are more interesting than any of the Autobot crews from the earlier films.

Megatron surviving as a head and being the only thing keeping the Decepticons together, and kind of the opposite of Season 3 Galvatron in this regard, is as interesting as his decline through the first trilogy, even with the odd lack of mention of Galvatron in TLK. Not to mention Welker is leagues better than Weaving as a voice actor for Megatron/Galvatron.

And then there's the (unfortunately minimized in TLK) Creator thread. The Transformers were not just random products of the Allspark. NO. They were built. Not only that, but their creation was the result of the extinction of species on not just Earth, but on thousands of worlds. To me, that is very interesting, and, despite TLK's dropping of the thread, it gives a hole new purpose for Cybertronians' origins.

Personally, I will never understand why people who dislike something will wish something they didn't like didn't exist. If you didn't like AoE and TLK, the movies you like are still there. You can still enjoy them.

The OT got me back into Transformers after a long absence. I really enjoy the OT, but I enjoy AoE even more, and I even like many aspects of TLK. To some younger people, AoE or TLK may be their G1 or their 2007. Why keep those people from enjoying those movies? Why keep other fans and general audience members from finding something they enjoy? If people's favorite film is 2007, or RotF, or DotM, that's great! But it's also great if someone enjoys AoE and/or TLK most of all, or if someone enjoys Bumblebee most of all! There's nothing wrong with different people enjoying different TF movies, or enjoying the different cartoons.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    TF4 and TF5 follow the same formula of the previous movies. I was more entertained like you were during the first three movies.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

Am i the only one who prefers Hugo?

I wish more people would think like this.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

What, excusing TLK for being a big pile of shit that nearly destroyed the brand, because you suddenly want to treat it like it's an art film from the Cannes Film Festival?

• Like Like x 1
  15. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

I do enjoy the movies for what they are, but "that" is where I absolutely hate that they went there.

Earth being Unicron is just... bad.

Come on, Earth get the All bran err.. Allspark, fine, that opens the door to why they're there.

Then Sun blowy thing.. again, meant to be blowing up the earth... and none of them noticed "hey, this is Unicron, we might not want to do that"

Followed by "Let's bring CYbertron here to suck the earth *COUGH COUGH Unicron" dry.... whoopsy?

And then.. "creators" with seeds had been on earth and transformed everything into metal, and then poof they left with the metal and somehow earth fixed itself.. wouldn't Unicorn hate that sort of thing going on? And then the part about grinding down the "dead' transformers that can now be used to make powderpuff new transformers..

And finally, "knights" that stole a staff are hidding, of all places, on earth again, and still no clue that this is Unicron again, but that brings "Quintessa, the only "Creator" ever mentionned, that is living on CYbertron, I guess renting a cheap apartment while those million of years wars were going on, and now, again, let's rip Earth up to nom nom nom it to restore Cybertron, which a "creator" doesn't remember that it's Unicron? that's worse than not remembering where you parked your car.

There was no reason aside trying the be edgy/epic to make Earth such a pitstop for all things cybertronian like they did, intelligence was absolutely left at the door and these writers should have been spanked hard for it.

Heck, they could have make Unicron another of the solar system's planet's moon that having Cybertron appear in earth's orbit twice triggers a wake up call.

16. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

What? You obviously misunderstood. I didn't even like TLK, nor am i ever going to claim it was a masterpiece.

I suggest you read Galvatross's post again.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Galvatross

I don't think so. If someone grew up on the earlier movies, and they prefer Hugo, then there is nothing wrong with that. To some TF fans, Hugo may be their Welker.

For many years, Bayverse fans complained about how some existing fans couldn't handle the movies being different from pre-existing fiction. Some of these existing fans wished the Bay films did not exist. And now when the tables are turned, and the movies since those movies have changed some things, now all of the sudden some Bayverse fans cry foul and act is if the later movies shouldn't exist....often because they don't fit their zone of familiarity they had with the earlier Bay films, or because they "ruined Bayformers." I'm sorry, but that's doing the same thing they once decried in my opinion.

The first part of your post is ridiculously hyperbolic, and the last part of your post is even more hyperbolic, and nobody in this thread is even making that claim in any way, whatsoever.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

There is a deeper lying problem than what you seem to think is the reason people simply don't want certain films to exist.

The near-total collapse of the franchise happens to be one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I'd say that the movies already did the job at finishing themselves remarkably well. *Snorts*

• Like Like x 6
  20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]