I want Wasp to be the main villain of the next movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bass X0, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    It would basically be a retelling of Wasp’s story from Transformers Animated, including being mutated into Waspinator.

“You may not be a traitor, but you were never a good bot.” as Bulkhead said in Animated.

Call it Bumblebee & Wasp.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Okay but why?

The BB movie has established already that there's a much different Cybertron than the one from TFA, which was in a stable, post-war state at the time of Bumblebee's training. The war is in full-force here and Bumblebee isn't anywhere the arrogant blowhard he was in TFA. The circumstances don't really fit the tone or continuity the BB movie established IMHO.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The only reason Wasp became the crazed psycho jailbird was really more a result of him simply being collateral damage of Shockwave planting himself in the Autobot ranks. Plus, ultimately, he only existed to be turned into Waspinator in his last appearance given the fact Animated Waspinator had a toy design whereas Wasp himself never even got the obvious Bumblebee retool. He never was himself strong enough for a main character role as a result.

Like, if you absolutely have to use an evil Bumblebee, just bring out Bug Bite.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Agreed, he seems like the perfect Decepticon counterpart to Bee.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Magmatron95

Magmatron95 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If wasp ever made his way in I'd probably rather him be a decepticon already and have him be just a rival of bumblebee with similar features. I can also see him being as a seeker

6. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If the TF movie universe had the same mojo as the MCU where basically anything they touch turns to gold I would say....maybe....but as it is now where it's on thin ice I would not risk putting on the forefront a character that has a limited following. And yes, I know that Shatter and Dropkick weren't A list Decepticons, but I think the exclusion of having a well known Decepticon not be the main antagonist hurt the movie IMO.
    Even if they didn't want to use Megatron they could've expanded Blitzwings role as the main bad guy and had Shatter and Dropkick report to him and his character in the movie switched out for any other random seeker.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I like the idea of Wasp as a villain for BB2 where he's a former Autobot driven insane by Decepticons and is out for Bumblebee's blood as if they were partners and now he wants Bumblebee to suffer like he did.

Mainly because I want the Transformers movies to actually do the whole reused models for a genuine mirror match

8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Isnt this litterally the entire schtick behind Armada Wheeljack, right down to hating his former partner who happens to be the Bumblebee of Armada (pre-production material for Armada has Hot Shot labeled as Bumblebee)?

• Like Like x 2
  9. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    But why would he want Bumblebee to suffer if the Decepticons are the ones who screwed him over?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

When the TF films have built up a consistent collective of film entries with MCU-caliber/High-caliber storytelling, then maybe. Popping little-known characters in a movie (which the bayverse was guilty of) , without even building up a backstory first, as well as the whole Beast Wars origins, would not be a smart move for HasbroMount (I made that up, LOL!) right now. They need to really chill right now and do some serious intelligent strategizing and planning. . .

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I just watched Far From Home. Mysterio did not have any building up a backstory in previous movies either. And to the general public, he was an unknown character too.

I guess that must have been a f***ing s*** flop of a movie. Who would ever go watch movies about Mysterio and Waspinator? I did and I would.

• Like Like x 1
  12. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Yeah, but body-type mirror match. Because clearly a director who doesn't adore shaky-cam blurry CGI can keep the audience from playing who's who

Assuming Bumblebee abandoned him or unintentionally overshadowed him.

13. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    We had him in the form of AOE Stinger.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Bullshit-Mysterio is a well-known established character , as you can see here.

Mysterio debuted 55 years ago back in 1964, and he's had several appearances since then, for decades, long before Far From Home, even appearing in the Spider-Man 2 game on PS2 that came out back in 2004. How do I know? Because I have that game and played it. There are 2 Boss Battles with Mysterio, one involving the Statue of Liberty.

And you're trying to compare the TF movies to Far From Home??? Seriously??? Don't even go there. Forbes & Wikipedia would like to have a good talk with you: Far From Home is far from a flop, not even hardly. Plus, it grossed over a billion worldwide, soon after.

Like I said -when there is a consistent collective amount of well-written, high-caliber TF films, then, and only then can that comparison be made. Bumblebee was a good start, but there is STILL a long way to go. . .And I recall that there were many MCU fans who were thinking that Mysterio may be the villian in Far From Home, before it even came out. . .

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    That doesn't really work given the design aesthetics of Bumblebee - the Autobots are noticeably much more softer edged and friendlier looking than the spiky, angular evil looking Decepticons.

Plus they already did Evil Bumblebee twice in the previous continuity, since you had Pink Laserbeak-Bumblebee and Stinger - all that's missing is a fight scene and honestly, I'd rather have Barricade for that since he's already established as a Bumblebee rival type.

• Like Like x 2
  16. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Waspinator could be different, though, if they stay with the source material and he actually adopts a wasp alt mode...

17. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Wasp seriously got effed over by Bumblebee in TFA if I recall.

Did this not bother anyone else?!?!

#JusticeforWasp

• Like Like x 2
  18. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Bumblebee falsely accused Wasp of being a traitor / Decepticon spy when it was actually Longarm/Shockwave.

Then it all when downhill from that moment on for our hero Wasp.

Seriously, wtf Bee!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Did you actually even watch the show? Yes, Bumblebee turned in Wasp as a traitor...because the whole thing was staged by the real traitor who was actually Shockwave inserting himself into the Autobots. When Bumblebee learns about this, he apologizes to Wasp (by that point Waspinator) the first chance he gets.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

The real question here is how bad the Autobot Stockades must be to reduce a previously quite even-minded Autobot (albeit an asshole) into a gibbering mess.

Anyway, it's a neat thought for a Bee rival, but between all the other jerks like Barricade and Stinger and Wings-Too-Small-to-Lift-its-Fat-Body, I feel Bumblebee has enough rivals as is. Barricade would be my first pick as a main rival.

• Like Like x 1