I want in scale transformers from hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Agentknife, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Am I the only one (I know I'm not) that wants Hasbro to line of detailed posable in scale Transformers. I don't think it will happen, but I WANT IT.

And they don't even have to be in exact scale to make me happy. If they would just do a line like this. large characters ie Prime and Megatron in voyager class, Somewhat smaller ones like Starscream, Ironhide, Soundwave would be deluxe class and characters like Bumblebee would be scout class.
    Size should be for the most part determined by the characters alt mode. that wouldn't work for characters like Megatron if their alt mode was a gun or a microscope or somthing, but for the most part I think that would workout pretty good.

I'd prefer a line that got away from the whole voyager, deluxe, leader, scout class thing and just made each figure in scale. But either way I'm tired of cars and semis and tanks all being the same size.

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i know this game...
    i'll play.

if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

seriously, scale will never happen for countless reasons.

as dad told me often as a kid when i wanted something, "hold out your hands; wish in one, spit in the other and see which fills up first."

so just get toys because they are well made and save yourself premature balding from stress.

3. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

It would be nice yes but retailers won't have it. The old B&M retailers would not be very inclined to carry class sizes that would allow for scale because there would be to many different price points items would be sold at. Currently retailers want deluxes to cost the 12 they cost and dont want variance. It is possible that takara could do it since they do not use the wave system that the US uses and they could easily break free from the current constraints of class sizes. The question is would it be profitable. I would love to see a line of figures with good scale all around but it won't happen in the US.

4. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its something that would never happen, but it would be nice to wish. It does "bug me" that you have figures like Inferno or Hardhead that are bigger than Prime, or almost the entire line, yet you've got Thunderwing who is tiny and not the monstrosity he should be.

Or Seaspray, who towers over the entire freaking cast.

I do wish when they pick the Ultra class figures, that they would pick characters who are truly deserving of that size.

5. havanowoncheese

QFT. The Universe 2.0 Ultras were all pretty cool figures. Silverbolt and Powerglide were flawed yes but not terrible figures. I think the ultra class could be amazing if they did not feel the need to shove electronics into the figures. A well engineered $30 figure is always something i will buy *cough Human Alliance cough*.

6. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

The thing is if Hasbro stuck to scale then a lot of customers would feel they get less than what they paid for.
    Example: In the movieverse Jazz is smaller than Bumblebee, but if they made the deluxe Jazz from 2007 movie line smaller than deluxe bumblebee, people would say "If it's the same price why aren't they the same size?" But yeah there are plenty of solutions for this (maybe add more weapons?)
    Good point about making the larger size figures on characters that actually are large though.

7. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I kind of like the balance of getting all those different vehicle types at every pricepoint.
    helicopters and construction vehicles rounding out the variety in a case assortment

I definitely prefer having the robot sizes be all over the place. Titanic super machines, built for mass destruction. The deluxes being the average soldiers and base operations staff. While the scouts and legends can take on espionage missions, or technical repair work.

Giving those smaller scales the option to have tanks and jets as vehicles makes them more interesting for kids who can't afford the full scale versions. I understand the collector push towards it. But I think its part of Transformers nostalgia for minispys and micromasters that make me confrontational of scale issues.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  8. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

The Op will probably get a lot of smart remarks in this thread. For some reason, most of the fandom is okay with everyone from Prime to Bumblebee being the same size. The rest of us just want characters to be roughly the same height they were in the cartoons. People act like we're asking for world peace or something.

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Trick is a fighter jet is bigger than a semi truck, you'd be looking at a Supreme sized Starscream if Prime was a Leader. Which would make Groove and Wreck-Gar into Minicons. We've never had scale in these toylines and we've never needed it. I'd rather a toyline focus on just making good figures rather than force the toys into scales they shouldn't be in.

10. havanowoncheese

Its not that we are okay with the scale we have just accepted that it is not a reality. Many of us have grown up with these toys and there lack of scale in most cases.

Well said TJ.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    You are not asking for World Peace, but scale is something that everyone will find something to complain about.

For the most part, and especially in G1, Scale is non-sense. You can try to have scale in bot mode and totally wreck the alt mode scale even with mass shifting.

Its really a pain to complain about. How can Fort Max be affordable AND in scale, right? How can devastator EVER be in scale G1, if you want the individual bots or individual alt modes be in scale? It simply can't. People display their transformers in diff. modes, so no one "scale" will ever satisfy.

12. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I say if you want scale, get models. Think how stupid Defensor would look with that one gimp limb, wherever you stick poor Groove. I just want the toys to be fun, and look nice.

and let me get this straight... you want scale - and you want Voyager Optimus (truck) and Deluxe Starscream (jet)?

that makes no sense...

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I thought the scale issue we've had since the days of G1 was simply accepted by the fandom as a long-running gag. That's how I take it. And honestly, I think scale should continue to be thrown out the window.

I look at it more from a toy and overall playability standpoint anyway. G1 Soundwave and Blaster worked better in their size since they were supposed to represent tape players from the 1980s. They're way more playable in that size than if they were "deluxes". G1 Megatron, Shockwave, and Galvatron worked under the same premise since they turned into toy guns that were actually handheld. Again, they work better as toys of that size. The same applies to G1 Perceptor and Reflector, which do their best to "work" as microscopes and cameras.

In sum, it's probably the reason that 2.0 Powerglide was so huge. A bigger airplane/robot with lights and sounds works better as a toy than a smaller airplane/robot without a gimmick that kids enjoy.

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    ^is so correct. G1 Megatron is the epitome of kicking Scale in the nuts.

15. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just going to go out there and say it - the movie line is actually pretty good for this IF you don't buy all the figs. And no, this doesn't mean skipping most of them either.

Just saying.

16. BumbleBee75

BumbleBee75 Well-Known Member

I also want scale TF's but I know it will never happen. I just try to work with what Hasbro or Takara put's out.

17. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

and I want world peace

18. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    It will never happen because the fans will never agree on cartoon scale (which was never consistent and went against real-life vehicle scale *cough*"Minibots"*cough*) or real-life vehicle scale (which I prefer).

#UltraClassPowerglideFTW

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I think Takara did a great job of explaining the conflicting sizes early on in the G1 toyline. The cartoon/mythos was what sort of ruined it.

20. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    It ain't eva happinin. Deal wid it.