I want Igear to make G1 Scorponok

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Mobb One, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    With Fansproject's Bruticus appendages, Crazydevy upgrade parts, iGear's Faith leader and upcoming coneheads, and that seemingly massive G1 Devastator being put out by tfclub, this will mark the first year where most of my TF expenditure goes towards third party products and not hasbro. That's a topic for another discussion...

....but in light of the trend with third party makers rising in prominence, I want iGear, apparent master of rescaling and resizing already created molds, to make a G1 Headmaster Decepticon City Scorponok figure....in 1:1 scale with Hasbro's G1 Fortres Maximus :music 

The only change they would have to make is doing something creative with Scroponok's head/zarak. Perhaps upscale Zarak, since in the headmasters cartoon he was as tall as a regular decepticon. Maybe through in a couple more features so as not to be a complete and total upscale such as extra panels or robotic repair arms or satellite accessories and such, etc.

But the bottom line is that ever since I had Fort Max and Scorponok as a kid, I couldn't get over how disproportionate they were. Consider this my offical declaration that I would like iGear to make a G1 Scorponok in 1:1 scale with G1 Fortress Maximus (incase someone from igear browses these boards...which is not entirely out of the question).

It would cost over a 1000 bucks....but I don't care. They would then go on to repaint it into a GODLY and awe-inspriing and bank-account annihilating G1 BLACK ZARAK in 1:1 scale with Grand Maximus, in specially colored and treated gold plastic parts. Price: $1500...about the cost of a real Black Zarak MISB.

Come on...I know I am not the only one who wishes this to come to pass

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i want igear to burn in the pits of hell

3. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    lmao

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    This!

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Why? Because of KOs?

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    As a massive Scorpy fan, I've dreamt up the concept myself, and agree that in a fantasy universe it would be fantastic.

However iGear would not be the company I would choose, everything I've bought of theirs has been of poor quality. I could forsee something that large lasting about three days before the limbs came off.

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Not sure why other people hate them but to me just re sizing hasbro TF's and selling them again is just to close to the mark, the other grage companys are at least creating or engineering something, the faith leader is just a OK to me. I'm guessing thats why a lot of people don't like them.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Doesn´t bother me at all. If people want to buy KOs more power to them.

9. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Perhaps. But if not them, then who? Who is the company making the rolling thunder optimus?

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol
    and just buy some of the expanding resin and make one the right size yourself, a guy in radicons is or was doing it

11. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Same with me. As I've always said, I'm a transformers fan first, Hasbro loyalist second. None of these 3rd party makers put so much as a scratch of a dent in Hasbro's revenues.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

You guys are hilarious.

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    hahaha I feel sorry for iGear... people hate the crap out of these guys. They better not show up at Botcon. The might catch a beat down of five.

On the idea of sizing up Scorponok. I don't think he'd look all too good. in fact, he'd look like crap. As is he has little to no detail. Making him that much bigger would destroy what little detail he has.

14. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    actually, i'd rather see they scale fort max to scorponok, maybe juuuuust slightly taller. makes more sense, at least viablity wise, no?

15. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind a Fort Max and Scorponok on a voyager/ultra scale. Like the comics.

I mean, damn. How long do we have to wait for a G1 repaint of Energon Scorponok?

More on topic, I agree with Guard Convoy.

16. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Based on stuff I own/have owned, FP, TFC, or a custom done by an individual.

17. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    I agree. I have a Brave Max, and he is damn impressive in size, but in most of the comic fiction, fort max and scorp were always just big-bots - not city sized.

I was unaware there was such hate for igear :S.