I want Headmasters and such too

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Nightrain, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Don't anyone think I'll be so satisfied with just one season of Animated that I'll automatically consume whatever anime garbage they may decide to air in conjunction with Takara.

But I would fully support continuing the series as it is with any of the gimmicks we have come to love/hate. That includes Animated Headmasters, Animated Pretenders, Animated Targetmasters, Animated Micromasters, and so on and so forth.

I would just hope they give us a couple normal seasons before deciding to implement whichever gimmick they would go with.

2. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    Animated TF: Victory would be awesome.

3. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    From this year Botcon, I think they said the won't just make a one series gimmick. Like cybertron keys for all the cybertron figures. Instead, they want to have each figure have their own special gimmick. All different. It makes it more flexible than making just all headmasters or all targetmasters. Which is good. I just hope they have a couple figures with headmasters instead of just one figure.

4. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oohh.. headmasters would rule. As would some nifty combiners as well.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Headmasters would be an interesting, and cool gimmick to introduce to the Animated line at some point. We know of at least one more season will be made, and that they're wanting to do at least two more after that. Classics is another line I'd like to see Headmasters and Targetmasters make a comeback in.

6. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i hope they used anime fort max [like in japanese headmasters series]

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd like to see a new take on Headmasters (might be getting it depending on how the character Headmaster is executed). Targetmasters we've had the occasional update to - the most recent being Vector Prime's Safeguard arm cannon. They're always a bit of fun.
    What I'd love to see out of the old gimmicks, though, are upgraded Pretenders - Pretenders that are less TFs pretending to be humans, and more like actual Transformers wearing powered armour. It'd be one of those gimmicks where you could have the robot on his own, with the armour forming a second vehicle, the two vehicle modes could perhaps dock with each other, or you could get the enhanced robot mode by putting the robot in the Pretender armour. I guess it'd be like Mega Pretenders crossed with Machine Robo Mugenbine.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    animated sparkabots/firecons plz.

9. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

animeted combiers like trainbots, minibots, dinoforce,

10. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Gah Headmasters was and still is a silly concept, BW style Organic Alt modes really superceded Pretenders.

Targetmasters and Micromasters are alright but I think getting the animated asthetic to translate to such small toys might be difficult but if they were able to execute it properly it would be interesting to see though; in the case of micromasters id prefer they stick to small type alt modes most namely beasts though as the whole human sized vehicles never really sat well with me.

IMO the way they are implementing Headmaster in the show is wave better than having transforming head though I would love if he got his own personel TF Mecha like Scorponok or something where he could ride in the chest and acted as the spark/conciousness of the bot.

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no they are not. little pilots that take advantage of the alt modes cockpit and then combine together with the robot mode is a great concept. if you still think the above then you have probably never owned a HM toy which would help you recognize how great this concept is.

12. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Japanese Headmasters made much more sense than the american version where they were basically 'alien tour guides' in their heads.

The japanese version combined the micromaster concept where TFs downsized to save energy and use the robot modes as vehicle and battle-suit.

Targetmasters = Portable turrets, guns that aim themselves.

Pretenders = Organic extreme environment suits which was the pre-cursor to Beast Modes.

Actionmasters = Increased the structure and power of the TF, but prevented them from transforming. (also cured some sort of TF disease)

Powermasters = I never understood these, It was like if you plug an extention cord into a human's butt somehow you draw energy out of them that makes the TF more powerful.

The Transformers war was always about 'new technology' that gave them the edge. I am curious to see what of these technologies show up in TF:A even if for just a single character or episode.

13. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Also the idea that someone can switch bodies kind of ruled. It's a shame Hasbro never took advantage of selling extra heads.

14. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think the bottom line with that gimmick was that it unlocked transformation. in storytelling, basically the engines 'woke up' dormant TFs. i most definitely prefer HM concept but at least it was an attempt at variation.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I never have and probably never will like Headmasters. One reason is that...it is a necessary extra part. I just plain don't like needing to keep track of parts, I'm not a fan of partsformers, etc. Were someone to lose a headmaster's head..well, you have a headless bot and what not.

Plus..I just don't like the idea of a robot turning into another robot's head.

I do like Targetmasters on the other hand. One, if you do manage to lose the gun..you still have a complete bot. Plus robots turning into guns>robots turning into heads.

16. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    I had Scorponok and Snapdragon as a kid so no Im not ignorant of what they are or what they did I simply think the idea of a Transformers Head being another Transformer is silly its my opinion it just never sat well with me, target masters were alright having your gun transform into a mini robot (or humanoid....lol) wasnt bad but the additional 'advantages' of headmasters were dubious at best and really was like turning TFs into traditional mecha which has no appeal to me>

I just find the concept silly armada minicons were better at least they had useful alt modes a smaller TF that can pilot a large TF in both forms would be fine its the transforming into the head part that is just plain silly.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the *masters!! It's funny how many people love them now, when back in the day, they were part of the reason for the downfall of Transformers.

Chris

18. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i felt this way too, but in retrospect, most of us were just finding reasons to dump childhood hobbies, masters gimmick was just a scapegoat.

19. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Murdering Optimus Prime was the downfall of transformers.

Masters just happened to be left holding the bloody glove.

20. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I think it would be neat if they lifted some of IDW's interpretation of Headmasters and integrated the confusion and drifting of awareness that the human test subject felt in their comics. But then that may be too dark for the age demographic. Then again, some of the Robin/Slade interaction gets sorta dark on Teen Titans, right? And Cyborg deals with body part repacement angst, so that would be acceptable as well.

I'm not saying all that because I think it's going to be a carbon copy of Teen Titans, just that the overall levels of violence and storytelling devices will be geared to a similar audiance.