I think I have an explanation for the wfc/prime confussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

okay so, in g1 there was the marvel comics, the us cartoon and the Japanese cartoon if I'm not mistaken. they're all different continuities but all branded as g1 so what if it's the same thing for this? what if the cartoon and the video games although are different continuities are both labeled prime?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're exactly right. I'm pretty sure that's what they reconfirmed it as.

They're in the same continuity family, so they have similar traits and characteristics, (in this case, dark enegon, primus' core design, chaste system) but not strictly in the same continuity and story line.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    That's not an explanation. And we have a blanket name for the continuity family that holds Exodus/Exiles, Prime and WFC: Aligned (note: not the official term).

4. Thundercrackers

Thundercrackers Cybertonian Scholar

I could get behind the continuity family idea, execept for the fact that SPECIFIC EVENTS are crossing over from the novels to Prime. Charcter bits and plot developments that show up in Exiles, are showing up and continuing thier development in Prime. The comic and cartoon in G1 each had a diffrent flow of events, and you wouldn't start a story in the comic that would finish on the show, or vice versa.

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

You can have some of the same events happen without them being the exact same story. Look at all the different versions of G1; they still had a lot of the same things happen (Rodimus becomes Prime, Springer leads the Wreckers, Unicron shows up, etc) without being the same single story thread.

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It makes sense if Prime is supposed to follow the "Exodus" novel...if it's the game, it gets a little iffy

7. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    A better question is "Why do you have to come up with excuses for Hasbro?"
    Don't they have their own PR teams likely making 6 figures a years...?

I prefer they deem WFC and "Prime" separate and leave it as such since Prime's story is anything but satisfying to me.

8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Works for me. I like them both, but they don't *have* to be related. WFC could still be set in the G1 universe. So some of the events seem similar to TFP- it is amalgamating a lot of its backstory from previous incarnations of Transformers, not just WFC.

And besides, there are some differences that are pretty much impossible to reconcile between TFP and WFC. For instance, Orion became Optimus prior to the war, where WFC has "Optimus" already being called Optimus, fighting it out, and granted the status of Prime during the war.

9. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And in Exodus, which is in the same family as WFC, he was Orion Pax. So there's precedence for both Optimus and Orion in the WFC/Exodus/Prime family.

10. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right, but in TFP he was Orion up until he visited Primus at the core. In WFC he was already Optimus prior to that. It's just a bunch of hoops to jump through to make them all line up perfectly. I rather like the idea that the guys making the games, the books, and the cartoon aren't so tightly bound to each other that they can't go in their own direction and do their own things. I think the comparison to the G1 toon and comics works here best. Same people (maybe) similar events, but not 100% the same.

11. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    How about this, the idea that two separate idea being the tied together is making this whole thing a huge clusterf@%#. WFC should be it's own thing and prime it's own. Also guys, every single transformers series has similar plot elements, does that mean they are aligned too?

12. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

There is trope for this.

"We can provisionally entertain half a dozen contradictory versions of an event if we feel either that it does not greatly matter, or that there is a category attainable in which all the contradictions are reconciled."
    —George Bernard Shaw, preface to Androcles and the Lion

Broad Strokes - Television Tropes & Idioms
    In the case of Prime, WFC and the Ex-novels writers cherry pick the story bible Hasbro gave them.

13. Liam Prime

Liam Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    well this is sci-fi after all we could just say that the g1 continuity and the prime series are just 2 alternate futures the the war for cybertron timeline. it could lead into either timeline.

14. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Bang Bang

When they showed the flashback of him becoming a Prime they could have used the WFC design to help this continuity problems.

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It's best that you disregard entirely Hasbro's claims that WFC and Prime belong to the same continuity.

16. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    this is the case. While both are labeled in the same Prime continuity, they both are their own stand alone lines. The books exodus and exiles are in the Prime cartoon continuity more so than the WFC/FOC games. A good example of this is in the games it was Zeta Prime who lead the Autobots before Optimus but in the books and in the cartoon it is and will be mention as Sentinel Prime who lead.

17. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That right there is what I'm talking about! This forum needs like buttons! Lol

Also to note... If you strip the stories of their "finer" details... It all lines up with eachother... And for WFC being a part of Prime... If you look, Optimus has extra armor and various other aesthetic changes that looks a little closer to his Prime design in the few FoC images that we've seen. If we end up with a FoC voyager Optimus, I'll simply use my WFC deluxe Optimus as Orion, as I always saw him as Orion Pax throughout the game anyways...

18. Thundercrackers

Thundercrackers Cybertonian Scholar

Yeah, I've just been looking at it as the novels being in prime continuity, where there is no look to the characters to contradict. The game I can more easily think of as something diffrent.