I take it I'm not the only one dealing with Depression around here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyjos, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    Judging by some responses I see in some threads I can probably tell I'm not the only one dealing with some form of depression around here. I just got over a low mood myself mentally just a little while ago.

I hate those damned low moods, at least good thing is always get through them. Got too much to work with and can't afford to let this severe depression I've been dealing with that my relatives have noticed -which has worried my aunt and uncle- so I mean it's one thing to say you're depressed but when your relatives start noticing it it sets in a bit more with that.

Stress simply is not my friend[and neither is it for many of you,then again it's Nobody's friend yet we all have to deal with it] for sure and I'm sure it's not for many of you out there between finances and family stress there's always something that helps us get through it.

While I don't vent much anymore but know it's an essential part of our mental processes otherwise we'd all go nuts if we didn't vent....still just the one thing that I wish I didn't have to deal with was the low moods.

Logical thinking kicks the low moods butt but still that gets damned tiring.

Not sure if it's this time of year when the holidays are about to come upon us and those of us who might have seasonal mood swings you know that low mood/depression that hits around that time.

Gotta know just how many other members of TFW here are dealing with depression at this time.

This is just one of those things to know I'm aren't the only one dealing with it.

2. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Early midlife crisis for this brown man. So yeah.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Depression?

I have plenty of things in life that can drag me down. I've seen things I'm still trying to deal with. Sometimes it can get ovewhelming.

However, I also have some pretty damn good things in my life, so I try to focus on those and hold on to them.

That being said, there's good days and bad days. Just have to learn to live with the bad days.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Have you ever sought professional help with your depression? Depression is a treacherous condition, because it makes you feel like you can't do anything about it. It doesn't help, either, that there's still a public stigma surrounding mental illness and it's treatment.

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nope I've been there done that especially having constant pain becuase of the cancer.
    all I honestly have to do is look at my sons face, and he smiles and saves my life everyday.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    It really doesn't get any better than that.

7. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

at first the doctors thought i had depression. turns out im bipolar schizo and that made it all the more fun. :) 

8. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

Most days, are days spent contimplating what i'm doing wrong.

9. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I haven't been diagnosed, but I definitely have some sort of anxiety disorder and some form depression.

It's a bother.

You're never alone though, OP. Never.

10. Tyjos

Twitter:
    Well I muddle through my days by doing what I enjoy, I haven't been to a therapist or anything yet but I do talk with my friends online they help out for sure.

Good thing about what I do is the fact see I'm an uncle to basically 4 kids at this point, pretty much whenever they come they always see my room with the toys and all that stuff plus I let em play with some of those. Always makes me glad to see that especially with one of my Nephews who loves Transformers.

Good thing lately too is that I've reconnected with at least 3 old friends one a childhood friend and two from highschool through facebook [so that's a major plus for that site there] If I'd decide too I'd rather go to a Priest than a therapist to tell ya the truth.

I keep my options open and consider medication the last resort cause that doesn't treat the source just the symptom no wonder people who take meds when they come off em they crash HARD and have major personality problems. Most of my depression's from family stress and isolation but have been getting out more the past week.

-Gotta get me a good camera travel bag to carry with me if I decide to get out more and do some photos around the area here got a park that's a bit of a walk away from here but not that far-

Glad I've never considered suicide and that due to the stress [though did think about it that prompted my mother getting me evaluated and that's when they said I had anxiety last year prior to the Job Training Program which ended in August or July for me]

11. jackie

jackie that jackolantern

I was diagnosed with depression a couple months ago. I've been having trouble with school and my grades have gone downhill, the stress has been driving me up a wall. Problem is though, I can't talk to anyone in my family about my problems. I go to a friend who has something similar, she's probably a lot more help than a therapist could ever be. I wonder sometimes if I'd even be here if it wasn't for her.

12. Eigo Risu

Eigo Risu Less than meets the eye

Ebay:
    Severe depression and PTSD-based anxiety. I find the more i think about the things in my past that depress me, the worse it gets. I just try to keep my mind in the present/future, and do my best to forget the crappy things in my past that cause it. my present situation doesn't help much, but there's really not much I can do about that.

that sounds like it's totally contrary to any good advice, but it works for me. your mileage may vary.

13. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Virtually everyone is depressed. It comes with living in the 21st century.

14. Tyjos

Twitter:
    Seems like it for sure, so whatever happened to the "Good Life" of stress free and relaxation....then again I guess that comes to a select few now these days.

15. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I was rather depressed from last night until around 2 hours ago. After some SMS exchanges with my gf about our plans for my upcoming birthday, and thinking of stuff that cheer me up (like TF, hehe), I feel better now.

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I suffer a sporatic bouts of depression, usually triggered by stuff in my life that I feel I have no control over and a sense of hopelessness would prevail. I am serious when I say that I have contempulated ending my life so I can stop dealing with those BS in my life. Thankfully I never gone through with it. The feelings would go away as quickly as it came and as I got older, the less depressed I would feel. I only wish I can stop feeling depressed because it really suck.

17. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been diagnosed with it myself. And faltalt 71 is right, good days n bad days. Sometimes, I get so irritable, it isn't even funny, and crappy part is, I'm broke and can't go to my Dr to get refills at the moment.. Though, I have found that there is to an extent that I'm able to control it.

18. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I as well deal with spits and spats of depression. I snap out of it in a few days but have meds just don't like taking so I've been their and done that to the extent.

19. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I'm not diagnosed, but I know I have this issue. Had it for 5 years. My ex abused me for several years, and I've never recovered. My coping mechanisms are not exactly healthy, and I've withdrawn from the entire world. If that is not depression, I don't know what it.

However, I'm still somewhat energetic, I smile, I laugh, I cook, I pray, I hang out with my family, and I try to keep myself busy with school, the job, and collecting plastic crack.

But sometimes I sit down, think about the ex, and my heart just wants to kill me. I suffer from heart ailments since that breakup, so...

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If you're finding this is something that's an ongoing issue for you, and one that's negatively affecting your quality of life, you may want to consider outside help. Talking with friends is good, talking with a priest or clergyman may be even better (especially if you're more comfortable with that), but I'd keep talking to a professional counsellor/therapist/psychiatrist/etc. on the table (and that seems to be the case). There's a lot of advice and "treatment options" that don't involve medication, but the key is the level of training and experience a professional (and possibly your clergyman as well) has in helping people in your situation. In relation to medication, the situation you're in may actual have a physiological cause, possibly in tandem with situational factors, and that's where medication is likely to have the best impact.