i need video ipod help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    all the videos on my computer arent compatable with my ipod, anyone know of a good way of converting the videos? also, i was looking on the apple site to download the x3 trailer to my ipod, but its gone now....i dont have the internet at my house either, so i think that may be part of my problem...but im not sure...anyone super intelligent with these?

2. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    yeah send me the ipod and I'll get it working. Check out the format. THat's probably why its not playing for you. I believe its an mp4

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    ok....i dont have any mp4....i was reading on their webpage about a self included converter, so ill have to check that out and see if i can make it work...but if all else fails, ill just send it to you.... :D 

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    From what I understand the files need to be in .mp4, .mpeg, or .mov formats. The newest version of iTunes that just recently came out (last few days) apparantly has a converter to get files in those formats into something the iPod can use. My iPod is an older one that doesn't support video so I can't vouch for how it works, but give it a try and see.

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I too have an Ipod question, seperate from this. My friend just gave him his Ipod mini........and that's it. No cables, no software, nothing, just the ipod. Now I know I need to pick up a usb 2 cable for it, what do I need to charge it? What software do I need specifically? Any help will be appreciative. I have a PC and not a MAC by the way.

6. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    For starters, any old USB 2 cable won't work. You have to get the Apple one, because the end that plugs into the iPod is a proprietary format. Yeah, it sucks. They rape you on it too, I beleive it's in the $30-40 range. You don't need a charger, the iPod will charge through the USB2 cable while it's connected to your computer. You CAN buy an AC Adapter charger that uses the USB cable if you really want, but then you'd be out another $30 on top of the cable. Not worth it in my opinion.

Once you have that, you can download the latest iPod updater software from Apple's site. You don't really need the software disc that comes with it, as it only contains whatever the current version of iTunes and iPod Updater were when your model was released (and since it's a mini, those would be old and out of date by now anyway).

7. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hey $30 for a free ipod isn't bad. However I did see a bunch for pretty cheap on ebay. Should I stay away from those....? My last question is if the ipod charges in the USB, how long do you think it would take to charge it fully, 4 hours maybe?

8. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    Go to Target or BEst buy and look for the USB or firewire to the ipod port. As long as you use a powered USB port the Ipod will charge. All the software you would need can be found on Apple's webpage.

9. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I didn't know about the iTunes update. I'll give that a try myself.

What I had been using before is a program called Videora iPod Converter. I think it's freeware, if I recall correctly. The only problem with it is that video and sound tend to desynchronize as the video goes on.

10. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I'm looking for a DVD to iPod freeware for PC, does anyone know one? There are a couple for Mac, but they aren't useful to this computer.

11. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    From what I've seen, there's no freeware that takes DVD and sends it directly to iPod-formatted goodness. You have to do everything in two steps: decrypt the DVD (software to do this isn't hard to find), then format it for the iPod.