I need help with a trading dispute.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nightscream, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Nobody will have bad feelings, as long as you will do what is right, facing your responsibilities.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the way you packed them, its almost as if you wanted them to get destroyed. thats how bad it is. Hell, you're lucky they got to him in the condition they did.

3. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Paypal says he's right because paypal doesn't care about items damaged because of bad shipping. What should one do in such a situation?

4. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Kick yourself for being too cheap to purchase insurance with the shipping company.

5. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

So Nightscream is totally right to ship items that way and you would do the same? Just to know.

6. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i agree, you caused all of that yourself. shitty shipping. i'd gladly pay him $144 back for the damage if i were you and call it a day. I have no mercy for people that package and ship expensive items poorly. you shipped the toys like you have no respect for the money the man earned to pay for those toys.

Nightscream. youre horrible. thats all i have to say. oh....no hard feelings okay.

7. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Paypal said they are not concerned with items damaged becasue of shipping but only with "missing" shipping. So, I received a damage item, paypal calls itself out and Nightscream wonb't reply anymore to my PMs or refund me.

I am the bad guy, it seems.

8. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    How could you pack rare items like these so poorly? I couldnt imagine paying that much for some items and having it come in that kinda shape. If the items can move around in the box when it is shaken then you need to pack better until nothing moves.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    you're not the bad guy. and if Nightscream won't refund you or even talk to you anymore, that makes him go on all our blacklists as someone we'll never deal with under any circumstances. Hell, I'll never deal with him just after seeing how he packed such an incredibly rare and expensive shipment regardless of the outcome of this.

I hope he owns up to this and gives you the refund. either partial refund and you keep the items, or a full refund, and he pays to have you ship the items back to him, and have him hope you ship them better than he did, although I certainly wouldnt.

Lets not forget that it's downright stupid to ever have the item in contact with any part of the box. if the item's box is in contact with the shipping box, it's gonna get damaged. you pad the whole thing on all sides. its common sense. The way these were packed is barely more protective than a paper bag stapled shut.

10. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Funny, but I don't recall saying that.

The question was what to if/when paypal ruled against the buyer. What I was saying is that the buyer is SOL if Paypal rules against him (which they always do in these situations), because he didn't purchase shipping insurance. I have learned the hard way that you never purcahse high price items w/o shipping insurance. Even if he had packed them wonderfully this still could have happened and he would be SOL then too w/o shipping insurance.

I've been on the short end of te stick in this situation before. I had an idiot from HK ship me an MOSC G1 cassette in a box that Literally had 2 mm of wiggle room on all 6 sides. Of course the bubble and card got dinged and dented to hell. Then the guy pretty much told me to eff off because I didn't purchase insurance and then had the nerve to ask me to leave him positive feedback. I actually hadn't even asked the guy for anytype of refund because I knew he wouldn't offer me a cent. I had simply sent him and e-mail stating that he really should use more care in his shipping. The guy was an asshole, but unfortunately he was right about the fact that there was nothing I could do.

11. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    moonstreaker, have you ever tried getting your insurance money back through international shipping?

rikkomba-did you use a credit card for these?

12. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    Amen to that brother. :thumb 

I'm Cappeca's neighbor and I've got as high as $500 with no problems. It's not the place where you're sending your item to, it's the shipping method you use and the way you protect the items inside.

In this particular case I'm sorry, but the protection was clearly insufficient. The items are way too close to the sides of the shipping box, and no bubble wrapping. Give him a full refund, pay for shipping and get your items back.

13. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Ive sent a ft max scorponok abominus metroplex and trypticon all in 1 box to france everything covered in bubble wrap so it couldnt move in the box and it got there all in 1 piece...It took a month and cost me $170 but it was worth it, got no issues

14. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

I used a credit card through paypal.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Then I believe you can also file a claim with your credit card company.

16. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For next time:

If the price is well over $200, invest in bubblewrap, packing peanuts, sealed airbags, and as solid a shipping box as you can get.

If someone is willing to spend that much on toys, they -will- be willing to spend premium on the shipping (more often than not), and will likely expect premium packing.

17. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    light paypals ass up the through your credit card company. now you have a leg to stand on. good for you and glad to hear it.

18. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    All post from Norway is insured. The problem is that Rikkomba asked me to declare a value of $50.

I will still file for a refund from the post office. But I'm afraid I have to say that they will probably say the same that I do - that the items have in fact not suffered considerable damage.

They are still perfectly saleworthy as "boxed" even though a couple of them have cracks, and the set resale value that you are concerned about will not be affected. Please let me emphasize that this might have been a completely different story if they had been sealed items. But these are incomplete, and a crack in the outer - replaceable - box makes no real difference to the value.

Now, I am sorry that the damage occured. I think we have established beyond doubt that I should have packed them better to ensure the boxes arrived safe. And had you contacted me directly in a polite manner instead of going through paypal and demanding an outragous refund considering the circumstances, I would probably still give you a fitting compensation - like another rare minicon that I know you're looking for.

But the situation being what it is and you still insisting on the refund amount that I have made quite clear is out of the question, I have lost my will to compensate you at all. I am under no obligation to do so, and I strongly believe that paypal would have agreed with me if this had gone through the ebay system instead.

Regarding blacklisting me due to packing: I have already said that I am not going to pack this way again.

About not replying to pms: I told him to continue the discussion in the thread instead, since it did not seem like we were going to reach an agreement.

19. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

What do you mean??

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Doesnt matter. your complete lack of responsibility in this matter is enough to scare anyone away.

you admit that the damage is completely your fault, but refuse to issue a refund. a 30%refund for the damage incurred is completely reasonable given your carelessness and the value of the items this involves. $69 is a BS refund, especially considering the shipping charges, which in my opinion should be COMPLETELY refunded because of your COMPLETE FAILURE TO SHIP THEM IN A COMPETANT MANNER.

you're a horrible seller.

rikkomba, I strongly urge you to make a post in this topic:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=85662

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.