I need a medic!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ILoveDinobot, Jan 20, 2017.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Is there any fix for this type of injury or is he dead? I never even touched this thing, I have no idea how it even broke like this. And in case you can't tell it's a X-Wing Transformer. 20170120_161312.jpg

2. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

If you're really motivated you could drill a hole in both ends and superglue a pin or two in there otherwise it's probably going to keep breaking

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  3. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What can I use to screw a hole that small?

4. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

thin and long enough.

Good luck popping out the ball.

5. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

Oof, that's a tough one.

If you can get the ball joint out, there is a possibility. If you can pop it out, you can put a pin in as support and glue the ball joint back together, and handle it with kid gloves. Dremel's have bits that are thin enough to dri pin sized holes.

The only other option which might work better would be to find a screw thinner than the narrowest portion of the ball stem, drill a starter hole centered, then a sinking hole in the end of the ball, so that the wide part of the screwhead ends up in the ball. But, that is a lot of precise work.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  6. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    theres this glue that semi melts plastic while its glueing a little bit of that at the end and line it up correctly and it will work a charm.

otherwise there is always the double ended nail but theres a good chance of plastic spliting, sorry im not much help but that looks like a prick of a ball joint

• Like Like x 1
  7. seali_me

Yeah aligning the crack line is essential.

Normally the last position when it broke should not be moved. It'll be easier to align it.

8. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    drill a small hole on each end of the broken stem, put a dab of glue into one of the holes then screw a screw in about halfway. let glue dry. then lop off the head of the screw. put a dab of glue in the other hole and screw the other end of the screw into the other half of the broken stem

• Like Like x 1
  9. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you don't need a screw.. just use a pin.. getting the holes lined up will be tough.. but... a hole in the ball, and a hole in the part that fits into it... glue a pin that fits in both holes to hold the two together and you're golden... not sure of the size of the part.. but you can get brass rod at hobby stores cheap in 1/32", .040", 3/64, and 1/16"... drill a hole to fit the rod in the two pieces, cut the rod to fit.. and epoxy it up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

A really small drill bit. Should be readily,available in a standard set or sold by itself. As others have mentioned precision in lining up the holes will be key. Sorry, I meant drill, not screw, in the original post

• Like Like x 1
  11. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ball joints out!

12. seali_me

Note the process take pics . Send to SQ7 for fix it resource.

13. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am sorry but...He's dead Jim,

14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

15. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    1. Line up the break and glue it with weak glue.
    2. Drill a hole the size of your pin down through the break, starting from the top of the ball.
    3. Break it where you glued it, insert your pin trying to get some glue in there with it.
    4. Re-glue break with strong glue (some kind if cyanoacrylate should do).

I've fixed ball joints as small as Kreon shoulders this way, except instead of re-breaking after drilling, I just glue it solid, drill, insert pin. Easy with a hobby hand drill. A dremel would be too wicked for something so small, but should work for yours.

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  17. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    OK, here's the steps I would use to fix it.

1. I wouldn't attempt to take the ball joint out of the socket, unless I could very easily move it in the socket with my fingers. Take some sand paper and scuff up where the plastic broke on both the ball joint and the main body.

2. Using the smallest bit I could find, I would drill a hole in both the ball joint and where it broke off on the main body at my dremel's slowest speed. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO DRILL INTO THE SOCKET. You can measure the drill against the ball joint and mark it with a piece of tape on the drill bit itself.

3. Step up the size of the hole you just drilled bit by bit until the hole is large enough to accommodate the pin you have. Try to find one that isn't too large. If you can't find a pin, I have used a nail that I have clipped/ground off the head and tip. You don't want the pin to be super snug in the holes you have drilled, you should be able to move it back and forth with your fingers with a little effort.

4. Using Gorilla Super Glue Gel (It has the green cap) put a little glue in the holes you have made and on the part of the plastic that has broken. Don't cheap out on this part, get Gorilla Brand Super Glue Gel. 15g is five bucks at Walmart. BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET THE GLUE INTO THE SOCKET!

5. Let that sucker dry for two days. When you go to test it, be very careful. If the ball joint was tight to begin with, you may consider using a small amount of lubricant before you start to use it but I have never had to. Typically, lubricants based on silicone, PFAE (perflourinated), most synthetic hydrocarbons (SHC or PAO), or mineral oils work well with plastics.