Customs: I just . . . .

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Superquad7, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    . . . . thrashed an Energon Ironhide for kitbashing parts today and it was everything I thought it would be and more. I could have used a stick of dynamite or something to blow it up (like that guy did to his Universe Galvatron a short time back), but taking my screwdriver and my center hole punch was so much more deliciously intimate.

If you can't tell by now, I really despise that toy. The $1 spent on him at Target on clearance finally re-payed me in multiple dividends today.

Now, I'm bagging up the remains. :D 

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    LOL

I have that sucker back home in Florida......and I really don't know why I ever bothered to pick it up in the first place. I used to be bad with purchasing any and everything TF-related. I finally cut myself off and sold the crap I didn't care for as much. I still plan to use him for something, since I didn't care for the actual Energon character. Now share with us the good parts you scavenged from it, Allen!

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

:lolol 

SQ7 is now officially the most skilled basher around. I thought is was scientific fact that nothing good existed in that thing, but i guess i was wrong. :lol 

Share what exactly's good in it, so we can start scrapping ours! Also, send some dynamite, if you don't mind. :D 

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You seriously paid $1 for him? Wow...

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Mainly, I thought the head could be used for a project. I still think so, but I just haven't assigned a project to it yet. Also, the joints and such on most any figure can be recycled, I've always figured. If nothing else, scrap pieces can be used to test paint out on or whatnot. I really deplore the idea of "throw out" and waste, and I always try to use as much I can from things :) 

Maybe I'll take a photo later. We'll see. I've got a lot going on at the present. If nothing else, it was a great way to get my mind off of some things and such.

When I bought it, I had a running joke with a friend who worked Target that I met toy hunting over the years. When that figure was on the shelf, he'd always joke around with me that I should buy it, and then I'd just make fun of the toy. When it eventually was clearanced to $1, I bought it if for nothing else to give us both a much-needed laugh at the time :) 

6. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Ironhide (scrapped)

I really liked this guy when I first made him. I even made a little backstory while I was making him how he was an autobot leader that turned decepticon. A week later I was pretty much over it and decided to repaint him into Ironhide and just sell him. Now I've been picking away at him for parts, kinda sad. He woulda only sold for $10 on ebay anyway, and that's a lot of painting. It's a good color scheme. Sometimes HasTak NEVER repaints Ironhide red.

Attached Files: