I just watched Transformers The Movie ...... spoilers.many.spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mr.Roboto, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    the movie was so OMG is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goosbumps until end of movie!...just after walkout the cinema, me and 4 others friends start to chat about the movie....is pure greatness trough this summer:wink: 

2. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    been fixed when counter with the power of allspark inside sector 7. just like frenzy got his whole body back when he touch the allspark

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that makes sense actually.

4. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:

Hmmmm........interesting. That's pretty different then the novel.

5. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Does anyone else here hate the scene where Sector 7 guys capture Bumblebee? Optimus Prime practically abandons him, saying something like 'We can't hurt the human to save him" and "it's what Bumblebee wanted!"

Come on man! This your loyal friend who fought with you for thousands years and you are going to give him up because you don't want to hurt humans (who, btw, attack you and your friends)?

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well, prime is a dick, you know.

7. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

No kidding.

"I'm going to destroy the source of all Cybertronian life and condemn our ancient and noble race to extinction. Why? These humans are just so darn cute."

8. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

what a prick...........not u, OP

9. TransformerDude

TransformerDude Member

It was not R rated at first they just got transformers and another movie messed up. It was un-rated for a while then just recently it was rated pg-13.

10. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

Movie question...

Were any of the humans called "flesh creatures" or"insects" by any of the Decepticons??

11. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yes.

but, i remmebr reading somewhere...what are meg's first words. And the answer is "I AM MEGATRON!!"

12. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    for the record, characters say "shit" lots and lots of time. Tyrese says Mother... (and is cut off) lots of nice slang words used in film

13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, saw it, was a bit pleasantly surprised as I expected it to be much worse. My thoughts and tidbits:

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

-Naturally...

-the CGI was truly stunning, most of the time. They really felt real...

-The faces were much better - they gave pretty much every Autobot except BB a mouth. However, underneath the panels, the face mimics were done by the 'magical bendy metal', that was especially apparent on Prime's lips and Ironhide's face. Still, Ratchet looked much better talking then the shots I saw before made me believe.

-Characterisation-vise, if you're a Bot fan, you'll like it. Prime... RULES. He has lots of great scenes. My fav. is when he tells the Bots he'll readily sacrifice himself to destroy the allspark, saying "It's been a honor working with you" and when he explains "There is a lot of good in them (the humans). And freedom is the right of all sentient beings" why the humans must be protected from Megs. Cullen is top-notch, he'd bring this movie on his shoulders alone. Prime is very spot-on G1 Prime, respected, wise, peaceful. The only thing really 'off' is when Prime brutally kills Bonecrusher with his sword, that's sooo not Prime's style... maybe Grimlocks, not Prime's.

-BB is, well, Herbie with a gun, thankfully he regains his ability to talk in the last scene. Ratchet has little screen time, and other then a bad joke about human pheromones doesn't do much (doesn't even fix BB's legs and is only in one battle scene attacking) but his voice is very good. Jazz... is cool. Excellent idea that when he transforms the first time, he does a little 'break dance'-style movement, then sits down on a car's hood, arms crossed, that was very stylish. He talked 'jive' a lot.

-Only Bot totally out of character was Ironhide. He was pictured as a trigger-happy weapon-nut, who also doesn't really likes humans, instead of the battle-hardened silent, protective veteran. His personality is closer to Grimlock's, sadly his comments about shooting Sam's dog (and later his parents!) were rather annoying then funny.

-The Cons... well, the bad part. Barricade has about two-three lines, and that's all. Starscream has two lines EXACTLY, yep, heard right. Not even any cybertronian language subtitled lines. He reports to Megs that the cube is gone, to which Megs angrily tells him he failed him again, and SS replies with his usual "yes sir" and flies away. No hint of treachery here... SS battles some F22s by hiding amongst them, that's a pretty good scene. He's the only Con to survive the movie, shown escaping in the last cutscene.

-Frenzy was weird... imagine Sebulba from SW 1., Frenzy talks like that! Constantly shifting, jumping, grumbling, he's supposed to look comical, it sometimes works (when he hides behind a pillar and forms guns out of his hands, or when the download stops at 96% and he bangs his head on the screen in frustration). But other times, he acts really weird, when leaving the Air Force one, he almost seems to be dancing (and oddly no-one notices a klicking little-boy sized robot running under their feet...) He's very hyper-active... Frenzy has the most lines of the Cons, albeit only in cybertronian. Megatron is probably "Maijon" or something like that in cybertronian, as Frenzy often says that.

-Blackout, Brawl (called Devastator still), Bonecrusher and Scorponok do not talk at all. They respond to Frenzy's call in cybertronian as a roll-call and that's that. :(  Blackout says "for Megatron!" when flying into battle, that's his second and last line.

-Megatron... speaks only in english, a major change (for the better) from the script. I guess he was somewhat active under the ice to scan the humans during all those years. Weaving sounds surprisingly like Welker at some points. Megs has some great lines:

-OP: "It's just you and me now."
    -Megs: "No - it's JUST me!"

-Megs: "Humans do not deserve to exist!"
    -OP: "They have a right to live!"
    -Megs: "Then prepare to be exterminated with them!"

And so on. He does quite a banter with Prime, saying often how weak OP is (and he seems right, OP barely manages to hurt him, more on that later.... Megs' hunger for the allspark is not really explained, but his hatered of humans is shown excellently... he calls Spike "maggot" causally, and perhaps in the best Megs scene of the movie, when he and OP fall down a building and he ends up in a crater on the pavement, surrunded by dead or dying humans, he flips one guy lying on him away with his fingers adding "disgusting!" . 8)
    Sadly no amount of good characterisation can make up for his freddy krueger-like toothy visage. His 'face' cannot show emotions as good as others, even Prime could do better.
    Also - he spends too much time threatening Sam, instead of simply killing him and taking the allspark. Perhaps telling Sam that if he gives him the cube, he'll keep him as a pet was the weirdest part...

-Battles... well... the firefights looked OK, especially the Quatar base attack, which was spectacular. Later however, the TFs lost their firepower, as Brawl was shooting at the soldiers for minutes without any effect... same with others. SS's rocket seemed to be only as powerfull as a human-made rocket, something I didn't like. The fistfights, were typically done in Bay-style, ergo, things move so fast you only see a blur. The Barricade-BB fight, when Bonecrusher charges OP, and most of the (very short) OP/Megs battle... most of the latter wasn't even shown. Frenzy also suffers from this, you can hardly get a good look at him when he attacks Sam, it's just a blur.

-Prime-OP fight: Lackluster. Except where OP climbs onto Megs in jet mode and the barrell through a building, that scene was awesome... But later, Megs pretty much wipes the floor with OP, and they hardly even use weapons, just attack with their fistst. Megs once puts his hands together and forms a (very slim) cannon, Prime's arm morphs into a gun and shoots Megs, who misses, but then does the arm-cannon thing again, and hits OP with a small blue blast... that's all, no fusion cannon. Megs doesn't even shows he has any firepower in plane mode.

-The fate of Jazz was also not heroic at all. Megs grabbed him, flew up on the rooftop and jumped on him (rubbery duckie squeek still in), then Jazz says something like ' not done yet' and shoots Megs who holds him upside down by the toe. Megs tells him "I don't want you ****, I want you in two!" and tears him apart, that's all shown from afar and unlike the deaths of Ironhide or Prowl in the 86 movie, this is hardly tear-shedding sadly. When the battle is over, Ironhide gives OP the remains, but none of them dwells on Jazz's death for long (and the music doesn't help).

-Before saying more - many, many scenes were missing, ones I knew from the script and others from the trailer. Glen's "the killer robot is very distracting" line was cut. The spanish soldier (played by the guy from Prison Break), who is shown wounded, was supposed to die on the way home - this scene was cut (further taking away from Tyrese's character's motivation sadly). Barricade simply dissappears, again I smell a cutscene. Prime and Megs must have had more lines among themselves, I think. I bet these are saved for the DVD.

-The nanonregeneration stuff, while not cut, has been made minimal thanfully. BB isn't shown morphing into a new camaro, but Frenzy easily adapts to a new alt mode, or sprouts legs wherever needed.

-The TFs created by the allspark were the Mountain Dew Bot (who had a neat dew-shooting gatling launcher), a car's steering wheel that transformed into some face-hugger and attacked the woman driver, and the X-Box bot. On the S7 base, Glen's Nokia phone was transformed into a humanoid bot with many legs and a weird, almost predaking-like face, he had a built-in machine gun and a shoulder-launched rocket on him. This little guy was zapped and killed in the glass tank he was in, the first 3's fate is unknown, they were mostly shown for a few secs.

-The fates of the TFs and what they do mostly:

-Barricade picks up Frenzy from the AF1 plane, then finds Sam, there is a great scene where he harasses him in car mode, then the scene we saw being taken when he interrogates him on a car. BB interrupts, they fight, and Barricade is shown going offline, damaged. However, when Frenzy calls in the Cons, he is shown doing the roll call, and Sam recognises him as his previous attacker... then he disappears for good. Nothing... I guess he was killed, as SS is told to be the only survivor on the back of his package. Maybe a cutscene on the DVD? He has his 'spiked wheel' attack mode, but it's in a blurry Bay-type scene.

-Brawl/devastator appears for the last 20 minutes only (although tanks like him are shown in the first scenes). His CGI looks .. unfinished, especially the head. He rolls over some cars in the city, then Jazz attacks him and he transforms, knocking Jazz into a building. Ironhide and he do a little bullet - dodging, matrix style. Then Ironhide shoots him up bad and Ratchet hits him with a buzzsaw... Damaged, he appears later and starts a firefight with Tyrese and his men, oddly he cannot simply vaporise the place they are hiding. Mikaela drives the legless BB backwards, who shoots at Brawl, after many near-hits, he shoots his head, and Brawl collapses, dead.

-BB: first Autobot shown, he drives around without a holo-driver and oddly, in daylight, nobody notices. He parks into the car lot Sam buys his car, when He cannot afford the 5000$, and the sellers shows him the VW bug next to BB, first BB slams his door into the bug, then turns on the radio, shattering all the glass windows in the car lot... and no-one is surprised on this? Ah well. Later BB helps Sam pick up Mikaela, then drives off at the night, to signal the others with a batsignal-like Botsignal. :)  Then he saves Sam from some dogs, later he reappears, making Sam run in fear (he saw BB in robot mode "my car stood up!") but then saves him from Barricade. Then he explains to the kids in radio-speech (using Star Trek lines too!) who he is. On the way Mikalea mentions why did BB scan such an old (rusty too) car, so BB drops them off, goes aways, scans a 2008 camaro and returns as one in a few secs (morphing...) The other Bots arrive and BB says he was sent as Sam's guardian... Ratchet explains his voicebox was damaged. BB pees on agent Simmons (sigh...) when they capture the S7 agents, but later he saves the kids when OP drops them accidentaly, and S7 agents net him with grapples, then cool him with liquid nitrogen until he freezes, he moans a lot and Sam is outraged, tries to help him. S7 experiments on him, then Tyrese forces Simmons to release him. BB (in battle mask for the first time) almost shoots at the agents, but Sam calms him down. They take him to the Allspark (which is huge) and BB touches it and makes it small... They take the kids and the allspark to the city, where SS's surprise strafing round costs BB his legs. He gives Sam the cube begging him to go (doesn't speak yet!) but MIkaela pulls him up onto the Tow truck (Longarm) and helps him to kill Brawl. After the battle, BB asks permission of OP to talk, and asks him to allow him to stay as Sam's guardian. Sam agrees too. The end shots show him in car mode with Sam and Fox making it out on his hood. Oooh. :) 

More soon... I have to sleep some time...

14. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Meh, new movie continuity, new Ironhide, new personality

He has "Starscream to all Decepticons, Mobilize!" in Cybertronian when the Decepticons were moving out.

He speaks in a mix of English and Cybertronian. He says stuff like "Oh shit!" , "Gimme Glasses!' , "Witwicky" and "Megatron melting" among other things in between the Cybertronian clicks he speaks in.

According to the toy, that IS his Fusion Cannon, the movie version of it.

15. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    did anyone else have this problem, i want to be able to see what is happening

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're not the only one. I felt that the action was too shaky it was they were worried that the special effects weren't good enough and were trying to hide the bots...if that was the case, I wished they had more confidence as the effects were good. Can we give the feedback on this because other than that, the movie was enjoyable.

17. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Did anyone notice that the motorcycle that the military guy used to race towards Blackout resembled the Movie Arcee toy?? I could have sworn it looked like it.

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah and the tow-truck that the Megan Fox character used! XD

19. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It only bothers me because they got most of the other Bots right... :( 

True, forgot about his roll-call words... Still, he has 3 lines and no showing of his character, so all in all they could have called him Windsweeper or Nightflight and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Well it's pretty weak... I'd have wanted to see a scene where Megs obliterates a whole building or army base with a shot from his weapon. In all continuities, comic or cartoon, Megs cannon is a weapon with unrivaled firepower.

OK, continuing with the review now:

-Bonecrusher: Really short life-span. He appears in the last 30 mins during the roll-call, then comes the scene we saw in the trailers, him flipping cars with his mine-remover claw then going through the bus. Prime wrestles him and they fall off the bridge (and in front of a car, where a kid says 'cool!' instead of, y'know, getting scared to death as any normal person would). Prime hides amongst the bridge columns, Boney reaches after him with his claw (which works like a Venus flytrap). Then OP punches him in the head in slow motion, and his eye pops out like in a cartoon... :)  They wrestle some more, and OP pulls out his sword (short really, more like a dagger) and after some slashes, stabs him straight in the head... Bonecrusher dies and his head falls off. Yeah, that's it, this battle is about 1 minutes long or so... :(  He never even had a word.

-Ironhide: As I said, very trigger-happy, he wants to obliterate Sam's chiauha for pissing on him "I got lubricant over my foot!" and he always pops out his guns constantly. By the end, when the Bots are hiding around Sam's house, he even offers Prime to 'take the parents out' to which Prime says the same thing that came to my mind - "Ironhide, what is wrong with you?" Design wise, he's a big clunky mess of parts. He looks like a big exo-skeleton with tons of panels hanging loosely on him, kind of like the robot in Tomb Raider the movie.... even his car hood shoulders split into more panels, unlike the toy. Very hard to get what is a chest and what is a leg or arm when he's moving. He was the only design I had this trouble with.
    He and Ratchet are protecting Sam when he makes his way to the building to be picked off by Blackhawks, and Ironhide there finally acts in character (as bodyguard), shielding Sam with cars picked up or even his own body. He has a very matrix-like scene when he rolls over his head, fires his cannons in the ground lifting him over a screaming woman, then landing on his feet and firing at Brawl.

-Jazz: He always moves like he'd be some dancer, which is a cool idea. And he talks like "What's up, bitches?" :)  I liked that when he said that (on his arrival) Sam asks Prime where they learned to talk like that... :D  Prime says on the web, of course. But after this, Jazz has very small scenes, once asking Prime why they leave BB behind and does very little afterwards. I was shocked that when BB got his legs blown off, Jazz just stands there 2 meters from him in car mode, and Sam has to push him away... he doesn't even transform to pick BB up or anything...
    Plus, Jazz is very, very small... He has two battle scenes, one where he hops on Brawl's tank mode, second is his last when Megs kills him... His death, as I said, was without an effect... In the script at least the other bots were shown crying out "Jazz! NO!" but nothing here - maybe that scene was cut.

-SS I already talked about. He uses his missile launchers twice or so, which really look like the ones on the toy, except they morph out of his hands so they aren't hanging on his plane chassis. Otherwise he uses puny machine guns to shoot the F22-s, hiding amongst them, then some planes actually damage him and he takes off with two F22-s in pursuit... which ticked me off, as SS should be a master of the air, plus TFs don't have the same statistics as the planes/cars they mimic. Does anyone think SS is only as fast as an F22? He has some advanced cybertronian engine, he should move like an arrow... :(  Anyway, he is shown escaping the earth's atmosphere in the last clip under the credits, grumbling something in cybertronian.

-Ratchet looked much better then I expected, although the colors are garish. His voice was well-chosen, he sound like an old and respected guy (actually pretty much like Kup from the old cartoon). He makes a bad joke about humans (saying how Sam's phermonone level indicates he wants to mate with the female... ) then scans BB with some laser, on his arrival. Later he and OP talk a lot about humans and the need to protect them, and when OP tells them he will push the allspark into his spark, he warns OP that it will kill him... Also, when hiding around Sam's house he is the one to trip his head into the high voltage wires and fall on the floor, making Ron think it's an earhquake... He has none but one battle scene where he attacks Brawl with a buzzsaw... or something, it was shaky-blurry Bay-motion. I was dissapointed that Ratchet wasn't really shown doing anything according to his profession. When BB's legs are blown off, Mikaela calls him but Ratchet doesn't show up... :(  Even in the end he doesn't even gets a "He's dead Jim" line about Jazz or is shown fixing BB's legs.

-Frenzy: Well, he appears very early on the Air Force one plane. Really weird looking thing, impossible transformation. Has some really funny hide-and seek scenes on the plane. He tries to hack the security system, then uploads a virus on it, when agents shoot him, he kills them with his 'CD's of doom' :)  He actually kills 4 or so agents, then transforms back to boombox, with his antennae-like eyes peeking out. He has a lot of talking scenes when he enters Barricade (to Barricade's holo-driver in fact) though it's in the weird Sebulba - like talk. He has four arms, yep, and uses them really fast to type or to attack... When he attacks Sam he even grabs and pulls off his pants... Then Mikaela attacks him and cuts him to pieces with some tool (isn't shown how), Sam then says the line "Isn't so tough without a body, eh?" and kicks his head away. Frenzy morphs some legs for his head (makes you wonder his spark is in his head or what?) and finding Mikaela's dropped bag, crushes his Mobile phone and takes it's shape. He is taken to the Hoover dam this way, where he falls off the dam, then finds the Allspark, and when he goes near it, he gets his body back magically... it's a zap and it's back, yep. He then disables the freezing system freeing Megs, talking all the way. I'd have liked to see Megs and him meet... :(  He stays on the base, and when the Voight, Maggie, Glen and Simmons try to get a morse code off to send the air force to attack the Cons, he almost brakes the door in. There is a long fight where he tries to get in, later he crawls in through the cooling system, and they have a long firefight (yeah, Frenzy morphs pistols from his arms and fires at them, jumping out of the cover time from time). In the end, one of his CD's richochets off the wall and cuts Frenzy's head in half vertically, and he dies saying "damn" or something...

-Scorponok: Has really few scenes. Blackout drops him, then he follows the soldiers as they flee (there is a scene where the soldiers are on a tank, weird as they have no tank later...) He only attacks when they almost reach the arabian village. He kills the glasses-wearing soldier with his stinger, then chases the rest... Then climbs out of the sand and starts firing at them from his claws. But he doesn't even advances although he seems unstoppable... The explosions rock him and he often rolls over for no reason at all. When Tyrese actually gets the message through, the army sends two A10-s who fire machine guns and bombs at Scorpy, but he's undamaged. Then some huge airplane comes in, and from the plane's sides they fire at him with the SABOT rounds, Scorpy, damaged, burrows back to the ground, but his stinger falls off. he isn't seen again - my guess is he rejoined Blackout and was destroyed with him.

-Blackout: He is the first TF shown, and I was surprised that they showed everything - his transformation, we got pretty good pics of his robot mode too. He had the EMP rockets, plus some machine guns, and the EMP waves were deadly, he blowed up huge planes with one shot. He also had a cannon that popped out of his chest, small one actually, and he never got to use it, I think. Later on, during the last attack scene, he battles the humans mostly, then takes off as a copter. He lands and transforms in a street (shown in a trailer) and uses his rotors as a buzzsaw, advancing to help out Megs as he battles OP. It's a pretty good scene actually, as he notices Tyrese's men sneaking up on him, but then all hell breaks loose, they fire sabots on him a lot, and Tyrese skids under him on a motorbike and fires into his crotch, and Blackout explodes and dies. Yup, taken down so easily... because TFs have exposed joints underside...that's what the soldiers say.

-Megatron: Well, left the worst to the last. The design is really scare but I still can't get used to it. Especially the 3-clawed hands are weird. I already described his personality. He uses the hand-whip only when he is freed and crushes the place where he was held, then transforms and flies out, blames SS for losing the allspark and flies to the city. He kills Jazz, then Prime arrives (delayed by Bonecrusher) and the two battle. As said, they just wrestle a lot in Bay-motion, once Megs transforms and Prime hangs onto him, that scene is cool. Then Prime dissappears for some odd reason, and megs chases after Sam, hunting him in some huge abandoned building. He breaks through floors and walls and is really scary. Then is the scene when Prime catches the falling Sam and Megs jumps on them too, and they plummet to the ground (a fall Sam shouldn't have survived by the law of physics...). Megs and OP battle some more and Megs uses 'Tiny', his fusion cannon to shoot OP. No real fireworks here... :(  By then all the other Cons are dead, the Bots don't attack Megs for some reason they don't even show up, instead, Tyrese and his men mark Megs for the F22-s for attack, and those really shoot Megs up. Yeah, the biggest Decepticon, who should shrug off a nuclear attack with ease, turned into swiss cheese by planes. Megs falls to the ground and crawls after Sam (I think Prime trips him with his leg...) to get the allspark, Prime offers Sam to thrust the Spark into his, but Sam instead pushes the Cube into Megs's chest... and Megs dies screaming, his chest melting into a big hole. It's really a bad deaths scene too, not only demeaning to the Con Leader. As Megs lies on the ground and his eyes go out, Prime says "You left me no choice, brother..." which is totally out of contrast, in the script Prime and Megs are brothers (UGH!!!) but it wasn't mentioned here, and the two didn't come off as old brothers or comerades in the movie... plus why Prime says Megs left him no choice, when it wasn't him who killed him? Ah... Prime later pulls out a splinter of the cube from Megs's chest. Then in the news it is shown how Megs (and the other dead Cons) are dropped into the sea from an aircraft carrier (Megs is oddly, missing a leg, I think the Raptors shot it off but I didn't see that scene), as the cold and the huge pressure of the depths in the Mariana-vaults will crush the bodies and destroy them... yep, that's the end of it, no more Megs. He had about 25 mins of screen time, poor guy. :( 

More about the smaller infos and the humans (brrr...) later.

20. pocus

pocus Active Member

[spoilers]
    Not forgetting the Kirby truck..
    [/spoilers]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.