I just got some unofficial news about new IDW continuity

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultramagnus1, Nov 15, 2018.

1. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Not sure how newsworthy this is but I've just found out that none of the current creative teams will be involved in the launch of the new IDW continuity. I just asked livio ramondelli. He expects to be involved at some point but not at launch....

• Like Like x 7
  2. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

Ebay:
    Am I surprised? No. Am I disappointed? Sure. Will I read it anyway? Yeah, you got me.

3. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not even news. Everyone involved mentioned this on Twitter several weeks or months back. Roberts, Barber, Roche, the dude who draws LL, etc.

Has Livio even been involved with the TFs in the last several months?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ultramagnus1

Does it matter if he has. He's having meeting with john barber tomorrow Friday in relation to it.

Just thought people should know. As per usual you have to have a go. You don't need to comment.

5. justiceg

News Credits:
    I'm pointing out that
    a) this isn't news, so your "people should know" is invalid - they already knew. News that is *maybe* actually news is that Ramondelli told you he is meeting about the reboot with Barber, which also implies that creative teams maybe haven't been sorted for the reboot yet which also likely means the reboot is a ways off. *Maybe*. That's my speculating.
    b) it's also not news that you occasionally message Ramondelli. Congratulations, I'm glad that makes you feel important but this thread title etc. is unnecessary misleading as being actual news vs. "ultramagnus sends his monthly note to Livio".

You even state in your first post:

Well, then how about using discretion and not posting it brotha?

[Edit: apologies to @ultramagnus1 as he is correct, in reflection my response above comes across as overly hostile and unneeded. This might not be news to me but it may very well be to someone else (and as stated lower in the thread, this is the first we've heard even through hearsay about there not being a date for the new continuity set yet). ]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  6. The Offender

The Offender Banned

Okay, now this is epic.

7. ultramagnus1

It will be a while before we see the new continuity. No date set yet.

8. justiceg

News Credits:
    So the above is certainly news my man - maybe that should've been your thread title? That would be a pretty big deal if confirmed. Is this confirmed only w/ Livio or confirmed with more than just Livio?

9. ultramagnus1

Justiceg will always have a go at something I say because its how she is. It goes back to the IDW forum days when I tried to generate theories about what direction the continuity was going in.

Its the equivalent of the Ernest borgnine character in the posideon adventure moaning and whining at gene Hackman's character or pyra magnas attitude to optimus or slides attitude.

I take little notice. The mods can delete the thread if need be it was just something I wanted to share.

10. The Offender

The Offender Banned

Okay, now this is even epicer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ultramagnus1

I'd tell you justiceg exactly what was said to me but I can't be bothered because you will find something wrong with whatever I say. Some people are interested you aren't. Or at least won't listen to me for whatever reason.

So there's extreme anti bias involved. Anyone who wants to know can pm me. You will find out soon enough.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love to see see them skip the fan writers and go for a veteran writer. John Ostrander would be a tremendous get for this reboot. His work for Star Wars was stellar. Star Wars Legacy is still among the best post-ROTJ stories ever. If he can handle working with Lucasfilm, Hasbro would be a cakewalk to work for. ;) 

Ostrander's Suicide Squad still rivals Hama's early GI Joe as the best action Comics ever published by the Big Two. Or anyone else.

• Like Like x 3
  13. ultramagnus1

Agree totally. John is brilliant. Would be a massive coup.

In my opinion I feel simon Furman will kick it off. As he did the first time

• Like Like x 1
  14. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Would be wonderful if we could have one drama-free comics thread. Just once.

• Like Like x 11
  15. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Simon, but I think it's time to move on from the old guard entirely. I'd really prefer not to see anything set in the modern era for awhile either. We've had that for twelve years. Just replacing one update of G1 with another is a missed opportunity.

Focus on the WFC era for the next few years, then the return to the modern era will feel more of an event than the usual reboot that everyone does now.

If they want to show the modern era, do non-canon crossovers like the Star Trek one going now. They have other properties they can team up with, in house and with other publishers.

Phil Jimenez did a stellar pitch for Transformers / Justice League years back. Seacons in Atlantis. Prowl working in Gotham. Optimus Prime was part of the Green Lantern Corps. Megatron looking for the Antilife Equation.

tfjlxoverjiminez.jpeg

Put the Season One cast of Beast Wars on the Planet of the Apes. The Boss Money on the Money World. Transformers Animated and the cartoon Ninja Turtles. Play with the franchise a bit. Be nuts. Have fun.

• Like Like x 8
  16. ultramagnus1

Agree totally on that but some people have to have a go.

17. justiceg

News Credits:
    I have yet to see a drama-free comics thread when discussing the reboot or things around it. =)

That being said, out of respect for this desire I'll peace out of this thread as I don't think there's more to be said and nothing much more that's going to be shared in-thread.

18. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Love Simon to super death, but eh. I'd just like to see someone who really gets and loves TFs, preferably with some comics time under their belt. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 3
  19. ultramagnus1

We need someone who gets the franchise to kick things off. Set the tone.

Its just it could be awhile before we do.

20. The Offender

The Offender Banned

Regarding the news
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9