I just bought a MP-12 KO for $35.99

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Optimus Prime 3, Jun 14, 2014.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually, there is no special rung of Hell for us. Some clarification:

It's illegal to produce and sell KOs and bootlegs and "replicas".
    It's completely legal (at least in the US) to buy and own these items. (Google it, it's stated on several pages, with lawyers responding to the question.)
    Add-ons have committed no crimes.
    Third parties, for the most part, haven't committed any crimes. iGear? Yes. FansProject and MakeToys? No. While they're an homage with strong visual ties to the original character/item in question, they are unique designs that Hasbro does not have, therefore they are not stolen and therefore not illegal.

All of this shit gets on my nerves. If someone's going to try and drag me to Hell with them, at least get those facts straight.

Those of us who've bought eBay "prerelease" figures or "test shot" figures? That's a trip to Hell. Those are outright stolen from the factories, some even come in the bubble they're packed in, rubber bands and all. Those are stolen, those are wrong. All the other instances? Completely legal out outside of third partiers such as iGear.

2. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Never stated otherwise and wholeheartedly agree!

I don't know if this is directly towards me, but I simply answered in the regard of the OP's post.
    See below:
    That said, I personally have nothing against KO's in general. But try to think like both sides. I am by no means a "perfect angel"! ;) 

3. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Wasn't pointing fingers, just talking in general. I personally have no issue with ko products - be it toys, purses, luggage, clothes, etc, as long as they are marketed as ko product. A knock off Rolex isn't gonna be bought by a guy on Wall Street from the dude selling watches at a swapmeet. My friend bought a ko purse for $20, based on a $800 design... She was never in the market for an $800 purse, so she didn't take a cent from the designer.

I agree it's a lot like movie pirating, in that a lot of people don't wanna shell out $40 for a crap movie, so they'd rather watch it on their computer and save box office $$$ for "guaranteed" entertainment like your Star Wars, transformers, super hero, and other blockbusters.

Me, I originally preordered both mp17 and 18 for $46 each. Decided against 18, wasn't feeling it. Fast forward almost a year, watched some g1 cartoons, the drama issues with Casey kasem in the news (now his death) made me want blue streak. New, official, is $65+. Used, official, is $55, Takara doesn't see a cent. Ko, new, $36, Takara still doesn't see a cent.

Don't worry for Takara tho... They still are getting $50 out of me for wheeljack and another for bumblebee.

4. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Lol @
    Really? There isn't? (is this the sarcasm smiley? :rolleyes: )
    Did you not feel the sarcasm dripping off that statement, or was that directed at someone else?

5. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    Here's my two cents:

I will only buy a KO Transformer if the original is either nigh impossible to obtain because it's so rare, or is so ridiculously expensive that I'd have to take out a second mortgage on the house just to afford it.

I have a Dai Atlas KO. I will never own the original, because he's just too much money. But if Takara ever reissued him, you'd better believe that my KO will go right into the garbage can.

6. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

Can we get everyone to calm down about rights and wrongs and just get back to enjoying toys period? Please? I personally would love to hear about these KO MP's and not all the bitching about personal morals being pressed upon others. We are all here to enjoy a fantastical, fictional conflict. Lets not start our own behind the keys of a message board.

7. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Lol, thought I´d look up the prices for Datsun Brothers, Wheeljack, Bumblebee.
    Prices vary between €64 to €89 a piece ($86-$120)!

Seeing your prices... Damn... Ko here I come!