I just bought a MP-12 KO for $35.99

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Optimus Prime 3, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Optimus Prime 3

Optimus Prime 3 Autobot Commander

Ebay:
    I just bought a MP-12 KO for $35.99 and thats with free shipping.

Having watched a YouTube review of the MP-12 KO I decided to buy one because it's just as good if not better than the original and the price is good too.

Is this bad as I essentially bought a counterfit and will this hurt future masterpiece releases?

2. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got a link to that review?

3. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

I have one too. Don't feel too guilty.

4. Optimus Prime 3

Optimus Prime 3 Autobot Commander

Ebay:
  5. iconbot

iconbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't feel guilty. You made the right choice as it's better quality than the 'real' one.

6. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I have one and love it. The quality is great and the price is right.

7. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I have both official and a gold ko and the gold ko is 10x better except for a weird "open head" thing...

Anyway, so impressed, I just ordered a ko bluestreak, since I'm not a huge 'streak fan, but he was a frequent warrior in g1 season 1 battles, so I figured I'd get him eventually, and $70 was too much after paying $50 for my official prowl via hlj.

8. Tfan12

Tfan12 Well-Known Member

Original MP´S are getting really owned by KOS
    you pretty much get a much more quality figure a lot better paint applications for a lot less $$ and hell get a better larger coin for 6 bucks when not all MP´s are getting coins from all retailers

9. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin cool dude attitude

Your money, your choice. No reason to feel guilty if it's what you want. I have legit versions of all the MP lambos, and bought an extra KO Red Alert to give his face to G2 Sideswipe. While the quality of the KO is surprisingly good, it definitely doesn't even come close to better than the legit versions. Just my opinion, but I'd personally never want a KO in place of an original.

10. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got that beat. I paid $24.99 shipped.

11. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

I note no one attempts to answer the underlined part. Despite what some say I don't see how it couldn't. It's taking sales away from Takara, for sure. Just how many is the real question. Evidently there are a lot of these KOs but I haven't the foggiest idea of how large of an impact it actually has. But the more people buy them the more money these producers are getting.

I personally would hate to see this MP line shit the bed. I hope Takara shuts these people down personally, though this isn't the popular opinion.

There is nothing I can do about it but buy the official. But like others said, it's your money and no one can tell you how to spend it.

12. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:

^that. please merge with the KO MP12 thread.
    and yes, there is a special rung of Hell reserved for those of us who buy KO's, add-ons, third party, etc. youll have plenty of company.

13. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

Don't know where people are getting this "better than the official" thing... I've owned both as well as KO Red Alert and Tigertrack and the quality was fairly close I suppose... better than most KO's... but better than Takara's? No. Sounds like false self-assurance to me.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this, a ko is a ko.

15. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always find these kind of threads ammusing. So is this like a brag post? Like, Ha I only spent $35.99 shipped for a KO MP 12 which is almost as good as the original? Ummm Kudos to you I guess. Um, good for you that you saved $40 on a Toy that someone stole the design of.

So, if you know an item is stolen, do you still buy it?

I could almost understand someone wanting to buy a KO if the original was no longer being made, but come on folks. Is saving $20 to $30 that important to you, that you have to buy a KO? If you say yes, then you should find another cheaper hobby.

16. Alterator

Alterator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The "KO is better that official" is coming from numerous reports of collectors who bought the TT versions and found sloppy paintjobs, doors not lining up correctly, etc. They then got their hands on KOs, and found that - despite their own issues - the KOs had better paintjobs and build-quality than their originals. Back when KO Lambor first came out, the reports were all over the place.

On average, the official MP car is better than the KO MP car; but the differences are so small, in many cases, that some collectors cannot justify spending nearly double to get the official releases.

17. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    :thumbs2: 

I hate Ko's passing off as originals. Coming from my g1 collecting I wasn't expecting to see so many of these so soon.

18. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Yeah because you know KOs are better than the originals every collector knows that :) 

19. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    My official lambor has red-bleed everywhere, loose joints & tabs, sloppy paint apps, etc. my gold lambor is tight everywhere, no bleeding anywhere, crisp painting, and tabs stick into place.

Overall, I got a better deal for $37 than I did for $70.... Again, that's just my personal experience. Is it bragging, meh. I don't think so. Is it killing Takara? Pretty sure no, since I bought mp12 officially... Also bought mp17 officially too. My mp18 is a ko, but had the ko not existed, I'd have bought the mp18 "used" and not at retail prices, so either way, Takara wouldn't have seen a penny of my purchase...

20. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    I've been buying KOs to bring down the price per fig, since the KOs are conparable in quality... So 1 Takara Datsun at $70 and 2 KO datsuns at $35 each= $140 total /3 = $47 each... About what I'm willing to pay. Git yo shit together, Takara, before I go full KO.