I honestly wish I could get my ticket money back after AoE

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by icewolf74, Jun 28, 2014.

1. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

Now that it's been 14 hours since I saw AoE yesterday, that feeling of having buyer's remorse is starting to set in. Never have I wanted to get my money back on a movie ticket like I feel with Age of Extinction. I feel like I was duped with false advertisement of what this new movie was going to be from what was shown in the trailers leading up to the movie's release. I paid for an awesome Transformer movie experience and what I got was a movie with mostly human actors, very little Transformer screen time and...mostly importantly...very little, to none, Dinobot screen time: the main draw to the movie from how the trailers advertised it.

I usually have low expectations when I go into movies, I liked the Spiderman reboot after all, but I guess with the Transformer franchise, I have lofty expectations since it is my favorite non-video game franchise in pop culture since I was 10 years old in 1984 with the G1 Transformers and having such fond nostalgia with the series. However, every time I come out of these Michael Bay Transformer movies, I feel like I am let down and have this empty void of disappointment...every single time. Yet, I keep falling for the hype surrounding these movies and I keep seeing them. I SWEAR...I WILL NO LONGER SEE ANY MORE OF THESE HORRIBLE MOVIES IN THE FUTURE!!!

Had I bothered to look at RottenTomatoes and Metacritic and saw their overall ratings before planning to go see this movie, I would not have even bothered with seeing Age of Extinction. I was just so caught up in the hype of this new movie, I just assumed it was going to be great. I guess I was wrong. So that was my fault. I feel like such a sucker for supporting this Michael Bay franchise yet again. :( 

I think I am going to start my Saturday morning with watching some G1 Transformer cartoons to wash that abomination of a movie out of my mind permanently. I am going to start with "SOS Dinobots" first to get a real treat of an awesome introduction of the Dinobots like I was lead to believe with Age of Extinction but ultimately failed to deliver on.

2. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

So you going to see Transformers 5?

3. icewolf74

Probably not! Must. resist. the. hype. :banghead: 

4. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

I sort of agree about the dinos, but other than that it feels like we watched different movies, the bots were all over the place not sure where that criticism comes from

5. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

Sounds like somebody didn't see the movie lololol

6. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't seen it myself, but I've been watching some clios on YouTube, and reading the synopsis, and it doesn't really sound all that great. I probably won't even watch it.

7. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I don't get it either. What, did they want the robots in every. single. shot of the movie, or...?

8. MasterZero

Best of the quadrilogy.

Pretty freaking amazing. :cool: 

9. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    BBBRo Tenformers 5 willll bee bettta liike 40 times betta seriozuly

waitt tel den

10. icewolf74

I mean, yeah...the movie had Transformers in it, obviously. They just had very little screen time compared to the amount that the actors themselves had. The previous movies felt like they gave me the appropriate screen time for Transformers compared to Age of Extinction, which I thought was cool.

11. MasterZero

...But they got LESS screen time in the last movies.

Like Hound, Drift, and Crosshairs had more lines than Ratchet, Ironhide, Jazz, and Sideswipe.

12. icewolf74

Uh...this is a Transformers movie. So yeah, I do expect them to be in every single shot of the movie, just like in the cartoons and the 1986 movie. What's wrong with getting what I paid for?

13. moylan55

yeah I don't believe you've seen the movie now, this post is out of control wrong like MasterZero said they got much much less screen time in the first trilogy. it's not even close quite frankly

14. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    How much did you pay for your ticket? Cause I'm pretty sure you have spent similar or bigger amounts, on much more worthless things in the course of your life.

15. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

This has the most TF scenes by far. If that isn't enough for you than nothing ever will. No they can't have an all CG TF movie because it would be too expensive. As it was they seemed to cut down on the number of transformations on screen in this film to have more time for the robots to hang up.

16. MasterZero

Then you will always be disappointed and never happy with the movies, and quite possibly, the franchise.

Having a Transformer in every scene in these movies is a ludicrous pipe dream. Why? Because CGI ain't cheap.

17. icewolf74

I don't agree. For instance, we saw a lot more bumblebee in the previous movies compared to this one. Same with the amount of Decepticons compared to this movie, such as Starscream, Soundwave and even Ravage. Hound didn't really get a lot of screen time until the end with the final battle in China. Whereas Drift and Crosshairs got most of their screen time while on that bounty hunter's ship looking for Prime and afterwards escaping the ship, in the middle-of-the-movie. That was really it. The rest of the movie was just blah-blah-blah from the actors.

18. icewolf74

Oops...it looks like you and MasterZero are wrong: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...t-i-liked-first-3-movies-better-spoilers.html, http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...alk-about-first-car-chase-scene-spoilers.html. This proves I have seen the movie and I am qualified to express my disappointment in it.

19. Killer Life

Killer Life Well-Known Member

I love how people think that G1 is better than the movies when it suffers from a lot of problems that the movies have except the all of the explosions are replaced with constant animation errors. Seriously go watch something like Beast Wars, Animated, or Prime.

20. moylan55