I have a question about Kingdom Come!

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Frequency, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

It's been a while since I read all of it, but I was browsing through the paperback and I remembered an old question I had about it that I want to ask here.

Exactly who is the Green Lantern in Kingdom Come supposed to be?

I'm just guessing Hal, because, well, it's obviously not John. Whoever he is also seems to old to be Kyle, so that would leave Hal and Guy, and he definitely seems to have more of Hal's personality than Guy's. I was just wondering though it they ever actually said who he was supposed to be.

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

The Green Latern in Kingdom Come is actually Alan Scott, not Hal.

3. beatnik poe

beatnik poe Veteran

and wonder woman isn't wearing underwear, and The Ray is having sex on the danceclub floor and...there's a TON of cameos in the comic

4. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    It was left up to the interpretation. A lot of people thought it was Alan Scott because of what was happening with Hal at the time. As Alex Ross absolutely despises Kyle Rayner (and actually refuses to include him in any story he does), I highly doubt it was him. On the other hand, Mr. Ross does have a thing for Hal (go figure). While the armor he wore "felt" like it had a touch of Alan's outfit in there, it really seemed more akin to Hal's Parallax outfit.

Tough to call, really. Alan or Hal?

Maybe it was G'nort.

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

In Wizard, Waid said it was Alan Scott.

6. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

Thanks guys, I had actually taken into account the armor looking a little Parallax-y to mean it could be Hal, and the only reason I hadn't though Alan Scott is because somewhere in the paperback it mentions his daughter as being "The daughter of the original green lantern" which I took to mean that that Green lantern wasn't Alan.

Edit: Bit off topic, but why does Ross hate Kyle?

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    It is Alan Scott. Alan, unlike the rest of the GLs weakness was wood, rather than yellow. Go to the Gotterdammerung battle, and you'll see Green Arrows uh, arrows penetrating his armor. The wooden arrows.

Also, it's said, many places, and from Ross, that it's Alan Scott.

Because he's not a Silver Age character, mostly. Because what DC did to GLs, Hal, and how shoehorned Kyle was.