I hate to say it, but I liked the first 3 movies better (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by icewolf74, Jun 27, 2014.

1. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

First off, Mark Wahlberg was the only saving grace in this new movie. Much, much, much, much better than Shia Lebouf. However, the rest of the movie was just 'meh.'

First off, the story sucked! Humans hunting autobots "because Transformers needed to be exterminated," but they still worked with Lockdown and the rest of the bad guy Transformers instead of hunting them? What happened to Transformers needing to be exterminated according to Kelsey Grammer's character, which should have meant ALL Transformers? The story had way too many inconsistencies.

Also, I don't understand why the "decepticons" used such elementary CGI for their transformations? I mean liquid columns for the transformations was like early CGI from 2000 instead of the intricate morphing that the previous films did and the Autobots in this movie did. Pretty ridiculous. The only reason why I could think that the human made robots had the liquid transformations was because the humans made them, which I could see being logical. Although, I don't understand why they couldn't make them morph like Transformers are supposed to morph?

Also, there were WAY too many unnecessary human scenes in this movie. I came to see this movie for robot action, not people scenes. I think the total screen time for the Transformers and the actors were 20% Transformers and 80% actors. Ugh! Also, I felt there were some scenes that were not needed and only used to pad the length of the movie, case in point, the scene where Mark Wahlberg and that CIA Agent were fighting in the Chinese Apartments; not needed.

Finally, the dinobots being in the final act of the movie was sooo disappointing. The way the movie was marketed in trailers, I thought the Dinobots were going to be in the movie a lot. Unfortunately, they were barely in there. Granted, I loved every minute I saw of them...what few minutes there were. Just disappointed that they weren't in the movie not much, nor did they transform or talk for that matter...except for a gurggling sound by Grimlock. Bleh!

Anyways, this movie was just way too boring and made the original 'Shia Lebouf' movies look like Acadamy Award movies.

Anyone else find themselves very disappointed with this movie?

Inb4Transformerfanboysfindthismoviegodly

P.S., I think Michael Bay managed to put the accumulative explosion count from all 3 previous movies into this single movie. My God...waaaay too many explosions. The one scene where Lockdown dropped the grenade and killed the one surfer dude that should have made a small explosion, ended up being the size of a nuclear blast. LMAO! XD

2. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    The thing was that Lockdown wasn't a Decepticon. He was actually pretty trustworthy, even though HE expressly didn't trust THEM. He didn't do anything to break the deal they had made for him; he agreed to give them the Seed and help them kill Autobots/Decepticons if they gave him Prime and that's exactly what he did. He even allowed them to take the Seed when he could've just flown off the second he had Prime. I don't think that part was an inconsistency.

The rest I agree with, although I do prefer this movie to the others simply because it had less offensive humor, zero focus on military and, most importantly, actual personality in the Transformers (both hero and villains) and actual character development for Optimus.

3. icewolf74

Good point! I hated the crude humor in the originals. I am glad this one didn't have any stupid 'cringe worthy' humor, especially since I took my mom with me to go see it. Imagine how awkward it would have been for me for her to see steel balls hanging off of a Transformer like in RotF? :lol 

4. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Its a mixed bag to what I prefer. So far from best to least favorite its 1,3,4,2. AOE had a strong robot cast but the human cast fell flat compared to the original trilogy. Although Mark Wahlberg, Tucci, and Grammar gave great performances their characters could have been better. I still ilke the original characters of Sam, Lennox, Epps, And Simmons. Always have and always will.

5. structure8

structure8 Well-Known Member

The fact they killed the comedy relief the way they did impressed me. I was not expecting that. Now, if they only did that to Leo in ROTF...

6. icewolf74

Yeah, I think I can agree with this. I will admit that Optimus and Bumblebee scanning the Semi and Camaro while they were driving were pretty awesome. However, at the same time, I don't understand why they didn't do their scans earlier and make themselves "better" but only at those specific moments? It didn't make any sense to the story; such as Optimus being that old, damaged cab at the beginning, when he could have just scanned another truck the entire time; such as the Tow truck pulling to Mark Wahlberg's house.

Also, I will admit that Drift, Hound and Crosshairs were pretty awesome for the little screen time they got. I loved their alt modes too; their cars were completely awesome, as well as LockDown's vehicle and Stinger's vehicle too. The cars were much better in this movie compared to the original 3 movies.

On that note: I am disappointed that Stinger (aka Cliffjumper) was an evil "Decepticon" instead of being Autobot since he is Bumblebee's clone just like in G1; which I am assuming Michael Bay got the idea from.

7. Bumble-beePrime

Bumble-beePrime Best Toronto Fighter, not

News Credits:
    I don't think Stinger was supposed to be an Autobot at any point, much less Cliffjumper. He was made by humans, there is no reason why he would become one of the good guys, manly when Galvatron is in control of him. His whole idea was to be a Nemesis Bumblebee, or Evil Bumblebee, or whatever you wanna call.

8. icewolf74

No, I am not saying he was supposed to be an Autobot in the movie, which I realize. They just took the idea of a Bumblebee clone from the G1 series and made a clone of him in this movie, making him a Decepticon; which is was I was referring too and why I was disappointed that Stinger wasn't an Autobot. I mean, the fact that Stinger was a red car was kind of a give away reference to the fact that it was referring to the G1 "Cliffjumper" character, but in Decepticon form.

9. Promoney121

Promoney121 Well-Known Member

Well Optimus couldn't of scanned the tow truck cause he wasn't even online
    He was in shitsville

10. kilgpmktra

kilgpmktra Well-Known Member

I agree. Movie was disappointing.

Here comes the Bay worshipers

11. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

I think they worked with Lockdown because Lockdown explicitly wanted nothing to do with the Earth and wanted off as soon as he did his job. As opposed to the Autobots that initially wanted to stay on earth.

12. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He definitely seemed to have grown rather tired of dealing with numerous life forms, seeming to think them all the same when it came to their request for his services.