I hate my xbox live

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by frenzyrumble, May 14, 2009.

1. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I have my good days and bad. Some days I can rock and roll on games like CoD4. Others (like tonight), I couldn't hit a target if it were 3 inches from my gun. I hate playing against overly competitive people, too, especially ones that seemingly single you out as the worst player on your team and proceed to highlight that fact by humiliating you throughout the match. Happens to me all the time. On the flip side, though, I love running into gamers that show you up a couple times and then you proceed to stomp a mudhole in their ass and send them packing. Case in point was a game I played the other night on CoD4, an online Cage Match (1vs1 deathmatch). This guy I was paired with got me easily like 3 times to start off the match. I proceeded to kill him over and over again and win the match, finishing with only those 3 initial deaths. I mean I was getting him to trip traps I set, walk into ambushes, and the icing on the cake, he was on a balcony squatted down looking through his sniper scope for me. I simply crept up to him and knifed him without him even knowing I was coming.

Times like that keeps me coming back. You'll be made to look like a fool from time to time. It happens. Just understand that you as a casual gamer don't spend your entire life sitting in front of a video game, and you're just there to have fun. Let the other losers out there worry about taking their video game l33tn355 on the road.

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    That is the opposite of cool.
    Next time send that guy a friend request or maybe a note asking him how long he played or if he has any tips and see what happens.

Good lord, no.
    Personally I think MMOs bring out people's bad characteristics worse than XBL.

Don't attack stay back and heal!
    You're a Tank you can't do that -stand there and draw aggro!
    Don't waste (insert spell or technique) use (insert spell or item) and then do it!
    I already did that mission -I want to (insert power-level or high level mission).

I would run into "that guy" almost every time I played an MMO.

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    well, shit if people knew how to play their classes properly...I kid lolol (seriously stay back if you're a caster though and out of the AOE or cone)

4. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I find if you play music games online (Rockband/Guitar Hero) you better be a fucking master. I've never played anyone who missed a note. It seems to come down to more or less who can use Starpower/Overdrive effectively then who can get the most notes. That's why I don't play that online because I suck hahah.

Your just going to have to get used to it. Rhinnox said it pretty effectively. Your always going to get your ass beat at some point but just let the positive outweigh the negative and have fun.

Also Halo shouldn't be too hard for you at first as you get placed in a noob playlist for the first few matches meaning only brand new players can only play you. Still it's always best to play the single player first to get a grasp for things and even then don't think shit that you can get away with in single player will work in multiplayer (Halo/Gears of War). You have to remember that your facing another human who is just as intent on killing you as you are him so show no mercy.

8D

Feel free to add any of us from TFW for some games. We seem to have someone who's a pro in most games to back you up.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you think my boobs look to big in that picture? I swore I had done something about it.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Boobs looking too big?
    That's not even possible.

7. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

It takes some time. When I first started playing I was getting slaughtered all the time. It was frustrating, but I just tried to adapt. I either got used to being killed all the time, or maybe my skills have improved slightly. Maybe. But yeah, you get used to the raep. :( 

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Is that what I think it is in your "last played"?

YO FIDDY! HIT THAT BIGASS RAMP!

9. Deceptikitty

Hell yes. I rented it to experience the most incredible game ever. It's the game of the year, in my opinion. I like that every boss is a helicopter.

10. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The trailer for that $0.50 game was hilarious, is the entire game that ironic and is it actually intentional?

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I came sooooooo close to working on it... thankfully I dodged that bullet, unlike fiddy haw haw haw haw haw:confused2 

12. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    So, slightly on topic, do wins/loses matter? is there a record of that stuff?
    I signed up somewhere to see where I rank

Guitar Hero Metallica
    15,934 of 36,351

at least I am better than half the players ;)  though, I imagine most of those who fall past me are girlfriends or drunken players...

13. Deceptikitty

Oh wow, imagine the shame having to admit you worked on that game.

Hey, he's dodged like ten of them you know. I like how his first words to women are like, "You're a crazy ass bitch, I like that" or something. Stay classy, Fiddy.

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    It depends on the game.
    Almost all games have Leaderboards these days.
    They are fairly accessible within the game.

It's also why there are ranked\unranked matches.
    Unranked matches don't go towards the leaderboards.

15. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

It's just a bragging rights thing. Like in both Call of Duty 4 and World At War, I have a kill-to-death ratio over 2. COD4 is 2.15 and COD:W@W is 2.29. That's me bragging there :) 

I tend to have to competive ego so loosing is hard for me to accept, so I think I know how you feel, but think of your failures (losses) as a step closer to success (Wins). So, try to have fun with the game and if you find yourself fusturated, just switch to a different game or somthing.

16. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Just about every XBL game out there has it's online area divided into 2 categories: competetive and non-competetive.

For Halo 3, I suggest sticking to the non-ranked playlists and stay far away from any ranked ones. Players are much less competetive in non-ranked, playing pretty much just for fun, since wins and losses don't count. You could probably apply that to any other shooter as well.

As for GH:Metallica, and music games in general, there's not much you can do about running into people that 100% everything, everytime. I guess if you're an Expert player you at least have a chance of tieing or something. But a lot of lamers out there like to play on a lower difficulty than they should be, just to get easy wins for achievements or whatever. Again, there's not much you can do about that.

And as for quitting out? Bad idea man. I don't know if you're aware of it or not, but Xbox Live has a Feedback system. Other players that play against or with you can leave feedback on you, positive or negative. "Quitting Early" is one of the negative selections. You can view your "Rep" by hitting the big X button and bringing up the control panel, then keep pressing right until you get to the Profile area. Hit View Profile and then View Rep, and it'll show you what all feedback you've gotten in %. I don't know what happens if you get 100% in one of the negatives, but nothing good can come of that.

17. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd love to play you some time once I get my Xbox sorted out. I'm a casual player on medium.