I hate car accidents... don't you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by My03Tundra, May 30, 2014.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'm going through a rough patch right now. I'm out of work, no medical insurance and last week On the 22nd, I had the distinct displeasure of having a car accident. I was leaving a Target store that was two miles from my home. I had looked one way, then the other, and proceeded to go when I hit a car that literally came out of nowhere.

Because of my health history, and due to my left knee screaming out in pain (I couldn't walk on it at all) I went to the ER via ambulance. I was checked out and nothing wrong internally. Then again they did fail to check what was in my head. My chest is sore from the airbag, but my left knee is a different story. I can't put much weight on it, and hurts if I keep it in the provided knee splint all the time, and the list goes on. As the bumper sticker says, "it happens," but then you get through it.

The last time I had a car accident was in 2000. That car, too, was totaled and I ended up needing to have shoulder and knee surgery.

Here are some photos from the place where my truck was taken too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Had one last summer (not in my truck, company vehicle). Made me not wanna drive. Still don't like to drive even now after it happened.

3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Oh, that's bad :( 

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I've had a small person on vehicle accident (I was the person), but nothing like that or requiring surgery; that's awful :( 

5. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Thanks. I hope I don't need surgery, but walking causes the knee to hurt worse now. I'm just taking it one day at a time, and looking into a lot of things or services to try to get help. I need to see an orthopedic surgeon, at least as a consultation. Time will tell.

As for a "replacement" vehicle, that won't happen until I'm back to working full time. Right now I'd love to get a 4WD pickup or SUV if I could, and I'm looking at new and used vehicles. I know I wouldn't be happy with a vehicle if it isn't a truck, or a standard (body on frame) SUV. I'm lucky to have a backup vehicle to drive for now with my Dad's '93 Toyota Truck. It isn't fast but if it was black and had the right graphics, it would be a dead ringer for Trailbreaker.

6. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Being picky about a vehicle right now shouldn't be a priority. Considering the circumstances, you should look into getting an economical here-to-there-and-back vehicle until everything's sorted out.

As for car accidents, well, they do suck. When I was 14 I got hit by a car and suffered a compound fracture of the tibia and a broken wrist.
    When I was 24 I was nearly killed as a passenger teaching someone to drive (ironic, I know). Ended up with head trauma, facial lacerations, multiple fractures in my upper arm, a shattered pelvis and internal injuries.

7. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Feeling ya bro very similar situation here pain sucks! Last two months have sucked i know why wounded animals attack their pissed. Since then i have 2 people try n run me over walking and a dude try n Rob me.hmm the insurance thing though dam bro hope it gets better

8. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Wish i could post pics the rear axle on the vehicle i was in became part of the trunk

9. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Bummer. At least you're okay.

And nice to see you back, My03Tundra.

10. Rev

Rev Well-Known Member

The title of this thread is amusing. I'm wondering who is going to be like, what? I love car accidents!

11. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

I've never been in a car accident, but I've hit plenty of deer.

12. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

same thing happened to me when i was 24. i know what you went through, bro.

13. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear about your accident, but is the truck really totaled? The pics don't look like there is engine/frame damage. It can't be driven I guess?

14. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    An old lady rear ended me in a Wendy's drive thru on Friday. How do people miss a giant yellow car?

Granted it was very low impact, but it was enough for her front license plate hex bolt to put a nice little crescent-shaped gouge in my rear.

As far as accidents go, I got lucky this time. But people really need to pay attention when they're behind the wheel. They get comfortable and complacent and forget they are operating a lethal weapon. There's a girl at work who has been in 5 accidents in 2 years - all her fault. I was there when her insurance company called and told her they were dropping her. And I agree, some people simply shouldn't be driving. The OP is probably one of these people.

15. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Car accidents sucks the most when you don't have a spare to use. No actually, it's when someone gets hurt. (Although if you get hurt it'd be an excuse to skip school/work :ev: )

I had two big accidents. The first one was after two weeks of getting it and it was minor with the only damage I received was a broken side mirror and a dented car. IT WASN'T MY FAULT! It was the trucker who crashed into me which resulted to a temporary fear of trucks.
    [​IMG]

The other was a big one! And it was caused by my brother none the less who treated my car like a hot rod and went drifting with it and see what he did!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The worst part about it?! He's a terrible liar! And I missed the whole part when dad chewed him out because I was taking the pictures outside! But I did manage to get the part when bombarded him with F bombs! Come to think about it... dad is scary enough in his normal "anger" levels... I think it was best for me to be outside at that day...! :confused2 

16. jamspeed

Ebay:
    Similar thing happened to me in a parking lot. I park and start to walk away, I see an old man in his car parking opposite to me front bumpers facing each other. I happend to be looking and he inches closer and closer to my car bumper till he bumps it, then he backs up a bit, parks and goes about is merry way. I of course walk to my car and see the indentation of the front license plate bolts, he is still walking to the store and turns to see me looking, then goes in to shop.

I ended up not bothering with it as the car was older and not worth the trouble claiming, but man I was pissed. The guy could have said sorry or something!

17. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Insurance company representatives?

To the OP, were you looking forward when you moved off? Because from what you've said you were scanning left and right when you moved off, which implies the collision was your fault?

Personally I've been in 4 accidents when I've been behind the wheel, all relatively minor thankfully.

The first was when I was a new driver, and reversed my car (slowly) backward to give an oncoming car some room to pass. I was unaware that there was a car behind me because I simply assumed there wouldn't be because it was a quiet residential road. It was a tiny love tap with absolutely no damage to either car but it taught me a valuable (and painless) lesson early on about assuming things behind the wheel. Always check.

The second was when I was waiting to join a roundabout and I got rear ended by the driver behind me. It was totally his fault (and he admitted so) but I was actually in the process of buying a new car from a dealership, my current car was to be included as part exchange and because I was merely a day or two away from exchange (we were waiting for the Mazda to arrive) I decided I wouldn't mention it.

The third time was in the Mazda and in heavy (and barely moving) traffic I put myself in harms way when I slipped in front of a truck. Unbeknownest to me there's a massive blind spot in front the truck across from the drivers position, and he never saw me. So he rolled into me at 1mph or something. Quite a lot of superficial damage, but nothing serious. Luckily he was a driver for McDonalds so he had this really in depth on scene accident proceedure to go though which captured all the detail of the event. In the end the insurance companies couldn't decide whose fault it was, so it all went 50/50 blame, but lucklily I was paying extra to protect my no claims bonus.

Anyway the rear drivers side portion of the car was all fixed in a few days but then a couple of weeks later I got in my next (and so far last touch wood) accident when a stupid woman rear ended me (guess when) when I was waiting in a queue for a... roundabout. She basically inexplicably floored it directly behind me. There didn't appear to be much damage (because she didn't have much or a run up) but I was absolutely livid. Luckily because of the previous experience I actually wrote it all up in a doc for the insurance company... details omitted for obvious reasons.

TLDR, she rear ended me, I was pissed, she tried to deny she had caused any damage.

Anyway it turned out there was a lot of damage, over £4000 worth. The whole rear door and bumper needed replacing so it was a bloody good thing I didn't let her go without giving me her details. Also the neck twinge thing went away, so I never went any further with it but everyone (including insurance reps) all advised me to claim for it, but I didn't.

This was back in 2007, almost 7 years ago, and haven't had anything since thankfully.

So yeah, when you're behind the wheel of a potential couple tonne battering ram you've gotta exercise due care and attention.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  18. jamspeed

Ebay:
    Roundabouts are stupid, very rarely do they work.

19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I get by fine with them, though they are better suited to residential areas and other low speed traffic conditions.

20. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Hey, there are some sick people out there. Really. Seeing them, driving by them, you name it.