I gotta say... I'm not a big fan of "Automorphing"..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jetstorm, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

For whatever reason the Automorphing technology used for the Movie line and the Animated line just doesn't do it for me. I can never seem to get them back into vehicle mode correctly.

Anyone else have this problem? lol

2. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    amen brother :rock 

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nope.

I love automorph. It's fun, clever and takes little away from the actual figure. Automorph like Ratchet's is so meager and simple I can't possibly see any difficulty in it.

Starscream's show-accurate transformqation is just like his stock footage TF on the show. Crazy-cool! Bulkhead also shares the "straight off of the show" style of automorh taht just adds so much to teh fig.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It seems to be hit and miss... well hit more than miss for me. The only mold that I ever had a problem with the Automorph feature was Blackout (and by effect Evac) with the gears being unalligned. Other than that I've never really had any problems.

What's funny is my sister has an 08 BB (as do I) and everytime she tries to transformers hers she always fudges the gears up because she does the transformation steps out of order... and than she brings it to me to fix. :lol 

5. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I don't really have a problem with it, but sometimes it just seems a bit "meh".

I'd much rather have a consistant auto morph which just focused on head reveals, I don't see the point in pulling the front of a foot down so the back of the foot comes down with it. It's nice that it's there, but just seems tacked on. But if every fig had some sort of "pull down and the head pops up", I'd find it much better.

They should apply it to the things like hands and stuff, like, when you bend the arm out the hand comes out of the socket and that.

6. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

I love automorph. In a day and age when everything seems to be done more quickly, automorph fits right in :) 

7. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I don't care for it at all.

8. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i removed it from 70's movie BB, and i don't like it much on most figures due to the gear teeth jumping issue.

universe Sunstreaker has that issue with his head. automorph is needed, because of how far down his head retracts, but the gears didn't line up on mine, so that when the head was at the highest, the chest was still crocked. i had to take it appart, re-align (twice) and re- assemble.

auto morph is an easy way out thats way to complicated sometimes if something goes wrong.

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    With all these automorph horror stories, I'm surprised that all my figures with automorph work just fine. No slipped gears, or refusal to work, or anything.

10. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i used to like automorph until it ruined my movie ironhide's right foot...

11. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like it! never had any problems with it! jetstorm, like the pic of grimey! thats sweet

12. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I've never had any problem with that feature, so I love automorph :lolol 

However, I had problems with Concept Bumblebee, but it was my fault 'cos I wasn't transforming him properly. But it woked fine with all my other figures, I think it's something clever.

13. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Overall i'm ok with it. but it's a hit & miss sometimes.

I like showing-off to ppl (who's not into tfs i.e family & friends) & generally they're amazed with it.

14. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I also love automorph. I could spend hours revealing Ironhide's foot, then unrevealing, then revealing it again, and so on. Same goes for Voyager Prime and Dreadwing.

As for the Animated automorphs...don't have any of 'em yet. But shall be assuredly awesome.

15. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Automorphing is cool, I ahve to admit it. I am not so impressed at all, but I can tell you something for sure guys, a lot of people LOVE that. My students and partners always look amazed how the parts move and transform.

16. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I think Automorph is a great idea that got off to a rocky start. But I think it has great potential, and it can only get better after a few years. I LOVE certain Automorphs: Movie 2008 Bumblebee's leg and chest morphs are great. I love pushing the little switch on Leader Prime and having his head pop up, I like Ironhide's feet morph, and a lot of others.

I do NOT like Blackout's Automorph. In fact, I'm still not sure I'm transforming Blackout correctly...I end up just taking my hands to coax the parts into position...it's never felt natural to me. I do not like Leader Prime's feet...the gears get misaligned way too much.

So I guess it's a mixed bag. The idea is amazing, but (much like Minicons, animal modes, or ball joints) started with some serious missteps. But it looks promising.

With features such as Voyager Animated Starscream essentially transforming itself, I think Automorphs are already improving. :) 

17. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

careful with ironhide's foot. i know me and alot of other people have had problems with that particular automorph of him. (to tell you the truth, i'm a somewhat new collector, since last summer with the movie release. ironhide was my first transformer ever and i really didn't know what i was doing. i thought his foot messing up was my fault for the longest time till i came on some tf boards and found out the problem was common. still, i can put most his weight on the opposite foot so he still stands. it's just a little difficult to pose)

18. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I'm not too big of a fan of automorph especially if it hinders anything else with the figure.

G1 Hound is the earliest example of Automorph technology, it's awesome. The way his head pops up. I love it.

19. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I'm not that big a fan of automorphing. More intricate moving parts means more things that can potentially go wrong. The figure that annoys me the most at the moment is Animated Voyager Prime. His automorph feature makes it difficult to transform back into truck-mode.

20. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    cursed mojo..... :lolol 

anyways only one i ever had a problem automorph wise was and still is blackout