I got the New Optimus Prime Gen, in Brazil

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by osenator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. cirrusstratus1

cirrusstratus1 Banned

I just wanted to be sure of what everyone was complaining about, zombie. The toy actually looks like he has knees in the pics on the first page. But as I stated, he's a great-looking figure visually. Too bad about the knees.

2. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Damn. Looks better than CW Optimus. Too bad about the knees.

3. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:

WAIT. It's a fucking /LEADER CLASS FIGURE WITH NO GOD DAMN KNEES!? REALLY!?/ What. The. Actual. Fuck!?

4. osenator

osenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Took more pics, this morning.

Attached Files:

5. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Do the shoulders rotate front to back?

The no knees is a major downer... A customizer will figure that one out for us...

6. osenator

osenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last pics for now.

Attached Files:

7. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Kids won't care about no damn knees. You know how many toys I had as a kid without a knee joint? At least this transforms. That's a significant step above the titan statues.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Looking at those leg insides...looks like it will need direct grafting of knee joints and make Prime gain maybe half an inch in height in the process (don't know how that would affect alt. mode stability), just like how lots of customizers either canabalized or fabricated knee joints for Armada Megatron's original toy (literally the only point of articulation he needs but doesn't have) as part of IDW Megatron builds.

To quote ROTF Jetfire; "You know what my father transformed into? NOTHING, that's what, and he liked it! "

9. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Are these for sale online anywhere?

10. MROptimusPrime

MROptimusPrime LEGAL NAME: OPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Yeah only way to pull off that many wheels would be to make him a tow truck that pulls semi trucks.

11. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

exactly :D 

12. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

He looks pretty cool from the front (The back looks horrible because the hollowness in the arms, I bet it will echo if you shout into the back of his arms), however I ain't getting no toy without knees at that size.

13. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its not a leader class toy, its the same size as a leader class toy, but less than half the price and designed to be a stepping stone between Rescuebots and the main line.

The target audience are to young to care about knee joints, when they have a giant optimus Prime to play with.

Grown ups that dont like it can skip it and enjoy CW and MP. Or G1 reissues, or 3P or whatever older line they want to buy on line. This ones about bringing in the next generation of potential fans.

14. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why do people think that kids don't care about knees? That's a bizarre assumption to make.

15. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yeesh, the knees are one thing, but the hollowness is just bad. Another subline? They need to consolidate. It's getting overwhelming.

My daughter is almost 6, she makes a point out of showing me the articulation of her toys. She likes making different poses, but I am sure a lot of that is based on my influence.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  16. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i was always INCREDIBLY disappointed as a kid that my Star Wars guys and Transformers couldn't bend like my GIJoes (i can't believe Hasbro is trying to pass off these 5 POA/POS SW figures as acceptable in this day and age now). Knees were pretty important to me.

I mean, even the little tiny MASK figures had knees.

17. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    for the record, i think these are great for the intended audience, and the lack of Knees just seems REALLY bizarre given the rest of articulation it seems to have.

I think it's got a really solid, chunky design for the 4-6 year old crowd, and despite being simple looks like it actually transforms, which is nice. (the rescue bots are IMHO even a tad too simplistic for the age range, not much mind you, but when they came out my son was 5 and i didn't think he'd like them)

I also find it highly amusing that this Prime's head sculpt is so much better then CW Prime's, man what went wrong with that???

18. Bogatan

News Credits:
    Experience. I didn't care about it for a long time. Of my friends and families kids I've never seen one refuse to play with a toy due to lack of knee joint. Its not like every other toy line has them, I've noticed a lot of Marvel /DC and other lines not having great articulation of late.

Don't get me wrong, as I got older the extra articulation was appriciated, I think one of the reasons I've always like Actionmasters is because they came out at just the time when the extra articulation was something I wanted. But at the same time I was buying all the Goldbox classics I needed and then Overlord and Turbomasters/Predators etc.

But the 5 year old target audience for this guy, I would be shocked if even a tiny percentage weren't interested in this guy because of a lack of knee.

19. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I was always a fan of Articulation as a kid, so I don't know why you'd rope all kids under one label. I imagine coulds would like for their toys to pose, sit, etc.

20. Bogatan

News Credits:
    So was I, but it wasn't the only factor in me liking a toy. I'm not saying kids dont like it, but my experience, especially with younger kids, they are as likely as not to find the box a toy comes in more fun than the toy itself. In that worl wether a knee bends or not isn't going to be a major factor for many/most. In my experience.

By taking out the knees they make a stable toy (from the looks of it) thats easy to stand and has lot of movement in the upper body.