I fixed the Amazon IDW Two-Pack listings (you're welcome)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SlaveToLogic, Jul 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlaveToLogic

SlaveToLogic Logic > Megatron

News Credits:
    EDIT- Replies have stated the item model numbers are now the SAME because of this. I am receiving my "correct" set tomorrow. I will update this post as SOON as I receive my package to let you all if this attempt at fixing Amazon's error actually succeeded.

Hi. I'm tired. I spent way too long explaining to customer service what had happened and what needed to be fixed, but for those who want to actually order the product you want and receive it, the listings are FIXED.

However, this does not resolve everyone's issues. What if you paid 54 bucks expecting Miner Megatron and got Senator Shockwave? What if you felt you "overpaid" on Orion Pax and got Ratbat? Well if you're willing to basically argue with Amazon customer service reps and gruelingly explain to them how the listings were WRONG, you can be like me and end up with both sets for the price of one potentially. I had only ordered Miner Megatron, and received Shockwave. Then I asked for a replacement, and got another Shockwave set. So I went back and that's when they fixed the listings, but I still didn't have my Miner Megatron set I spent only 54.99 on. So they refunded my original order, and gave me a credit to cover the difference, and told me to keep my incorrect Shockwave sets. This is NOT EASY, and you need to be VERY well spoken to get this across. I had to escalate it to a supervisor, normal reps likely CANNOT take care of you.

Here are the corrected listings for reference, as well as to order them. Phew, I'm going to take a nap. lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BCLZ2GTG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BDJ6XK2S?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Just a heads up/buyer-beware. Both sets are still showing the same F6964 product code, which is the Shockwave set.

The swapped product codes on Amazon is what caused this headache to begin with.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Now they both show product number F6964 lol have fun with that

• Like Like x 4
  4. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    The situation is potentially worse with the Item Model Number being the same since it might block the Rat/Meg set from being accessible.

The sets I got from Pulse was riddled with QC.

These two sets shipped today from Amazon, I hope I don't end up with two/three Pax/Shockwave sets.

Hoping the the Amazon ASIN numbers will keep it opposite and give me one of each.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SlaveToLogic

News Credits:
    Oh no...

Well then everybody, hold off. I'm getting my "Megatron set" tomorrow morning so we'll see what happens.

I seriously tried my absolute best to get this fixed and make sure everyone would get the proper thing. If I receive a THIRD Shockwave set tomorrow I will coninute to get this resolved until I get my damn Megatron. lol

• Like Like x 6
  6. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    The Rat/Meg Item Model Number is F7015

IMG_9225.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. SlaveToLogic

News Credits:
    Thank you, I'll need it tomorrow if I still get the wrong set. Don't worry guys, I will do my ABSOLUTE BEST to get this fixed for everyone. I will be very disappointed and frustrated if they neglected to fix the most IMPORTANT detail. They changed EVERYTHING except that model number... again, in about 12 hours time I will have an answer for you guys if this fix worked or not.

I apologies if this has somehow made it worse currently, obviously not my fault since I'm not the guy actually changing the stuff in the computer, but hopefully this is a case of something having to get worse before it gets better. I gotchu guys.

• Like Like x 3
  8. maloney4playz

maloney4playz God's Strongest Broadside hater

News Credits:
    GOD, why is amazon so incompetent? they've fixed one half of the issue while fucking it up even more!

they're showing the shockwave and pax code with the megatron and ratbat pictures!

thank fuck these ship in september for me cause by then it should be fixed

• Like Like x 1
  9. wreckgar39

wreckgar39 I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way.

News Credits:
    If it makes you feel any better, if you are indeed the sole reason they were fixing it via extremely coear instructions and they screwed it up even worse then that's not at all on you. However, it is extremely funny that they broke it so much more. Amazon Canada has them both with Ratbat pictures and priced the same now too, also same product code. It's really incredible at this point.

• Like Like x 4
  10. maloney4playz

maloney4playz God's Strongest Broadside hater

News Credits:
    agreed, amazon had the instructions to follow and yet they somehow failed.

it's like telling someone to drill a hole and they choose to do it with a screwdriver; slow, painful and infuriating cause there's a perfectly fine power drill right next to them

• Like Like x 3
  11. SlaveToLogic

News Credits:
    Thank you so much for the support guys. My heart sank when I got comments saying it wasn't fixed. I'm exhausted and won't be calling Amazon back tonight. I got free overnight delivery for what SHOULD be the Megatron set, so if I receive the right thing, great, should be fixed despite the incorrect model number (how? I dunno, maybe it's different internally?) but if my army of Shockwaves and Orion Pax figures grow, I will be damn sure to get things straightened out for EVERYONE, including what I can do for Amazon Canada.

Goodnight guys, I'll report back soon!

• Like Like x 6
  12. wreckgar39

wreckgar39 I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way.

News Credits:
    The Lost World film comes to mind for me.
    "Don't worry, I'm not making the same mistakes again."
    "No, you're making - you're making all new ones."

• Like Like x 3
  13. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    I am ready to point and laugh if it doesn't work out tomorrow when you could have just ordered the other set to correct this issue that everyone's been talking about for the past week. I'll be sticking with Pulse from now on :D 

14. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The issue still exists whether you order the other set or not, it should be fixed for that reason alone. Someone who's not plugged into a single thread on an old-ass forum site should be getting what's advertised.

15. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I spent literally two hours trying to get them to fix it a month ago. They're going to do what they're going to do.

16. SlaveToLogic

News Credits:
    First of all, sorry I'm still awake I said I would sleep, I am after this post I promise! lol

But second of all, Warpshard is absolutely right. Yes we as diehard fans know it's swapped and just order the opposite one. But for those of us (like me) that preordered only one set, this is a problem. For parents that want to order any of these for their kids and don't know what's going on (which is a larger portion of the customer base than you think), this is a problem. For fans that don't participate in forums or the greater community, this is a problem. This NEEDS fixed. If you wanna use Pulse, perfectly fine! Many people don't.

• Like Like x 1
  17. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    great... even .ca is screwed up with both having the same number...

At least before I was counting on getting the "wrong" one, but according to the number would have been the right one.... now I might end up with two of the actual wrong one and no easy way to cancel without ending up with never getting the correct one as things might get re-screwed again?

oy....

Somethings it's better to leave things "broken" in a way that we could work with.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Other

Other Well-Known Member

I checked my orders and now on Australian Amazon they're both listed with the same name on my undispatched orders and on their item page both have the same item code plus mixed up names, thanks mate

19. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not their fault that they tried to get stuff fixed and Amazon screwed up even worse despite clear instructions and information. Blame the multi-billion dollar megacorporation who shouldn't have made this mistake in the first place, and not a random fan who gave them the information to fix it.

20. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    problem solvers.png

theproblemtheproblem.png

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.